F
fakename
Guest
Well beside there being some problems with my argument formally, I think that there is a way of salvaging my possession=punishment thesis, namely that any punishment can be assumed by anyone such that innocent people can voluntarily take on a punishment and God can cause this to happen if it is for the greater good. So the possession is still a punishment but it is not the possessed person’s punishment. This is true since for any man, “A willing person suffers no injustice” -and this we may imagine applies to punishment.Hi,
God allows possession for two reasons it can be said that God allows evil for two reasons as well] 1. free will and 2. to bring a greater good out of it.
The statement where you say that ALL possessions have these causes is false. There are instances and cases where it is documented that the possessed person did not sin and was in a state of grace. See the post that I previously posted about the possession of saints.
Demons cannot change the Will of a person. God himself will not change the will of a person. For example, I can will to kill someone all that I want, but God may not allow me to do so. However by his not allowing me to kill that person, does not change the fact that I want to kill him with all my will. Demons can compel the possessed to do things against their will, but they cannot force them to change their will. Only the possessor of the Will can change their will.
Also demons cannot have union with the possessed’s soul. Only God can have union with the soul.
God bless.