T
Tony_Anastasis
Guest
“I guarantee that the Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ was a much more evil act than being possessed by demons, yet look at the Inifinite Good and Grace that comes from that.”
In my opinion, he suffered in so many ways, in order to carry away our sufferings, not to impose them upon us again as part of our personal redemption. I can quite believe that every demon in hell was snapping at his body, all of that Calvary Road. In fact he had the attention of the Devil himself, as soon as he was baptised.
However if you look at his healing ministry, he did not once say to anybody: be at peace, I will not take away your terrible pain, because it is redemptive. he was looking for faith, mainly in those who ministered or who brought people to him, but sometimes in the afflicted person. I view St Paul’s thorn as the attacks of a human enemy; something we cannot cast out unfortunately.
In my opinion, he suffered in so many ways, in order to carry away our sufferings, not to impose them upon us again as part of our personal redemption. I can quite believe that every demon in hell was snapping at his body, all of that Calvary Road. In fact he had the attention of the Devil himself, as soon as he was baptised.
However if you look at his healing ministry, he did not once say to anybody: be at peace, I will not take away your terrible pain, because it is redemptive. he was looking for faith, mainly in those who ministered or who brought people to him, but sometimes in the afflicted person. I view St Paul’s thorn as the attacks of a human enemy; something we cannot cast out unfortunately.
It happens quite frequently and on a regular basis. They range from What are the signs of possession, or am I possessed, or things of that nature. Invariably sometimes possession is mentioned in a thread and that gets things started again.
In my opnion with the Movie The Rite, that may have helped to generate some of the interest. I have been here for a little less than three monthes and have been surprised to see how frequent it comes up.
Also in the prayer intentions prayers against the attack of evil spirits come up frequently too.
It’s hard to answer this question because you are asking for bible quotations. We Catholics also believe in Sacred Tradition in addition to Sacred Scripture, and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Next time just say my name, it’s okay.
Man I sure do agree with this one. Purgatory now.
This can be argued by making inferred statements from Scripture in light of Sacred Tradition and the Magisterium of the Church, however since you only want Scripture references that makes this a bit harder to answer.
[BIBLEDRB]Romans 8:28[/BIBLEDRB]
IN ALL things, and demonic possession would certainly fall into this category.
You see God permits or allows evil things to happen for 2 reasons. 1. Because of free will and 2. to bring a greater good out of it.
I guarantee that the Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ was a much more evil act than being possessed by demons, yet look at the Inifinite Good and Grace that comes from that.
We cannot see the picture, we are finite creatures. Only God can see eternity and knows all things. We are called to trust in Him at all times and to give thanks in all circumstances. Why? Because God will provide for us and take care of us. It may not be in the way we want it to be, but it will bring us closer to God if we accept the things that come our way.
God bless.