Dems mull whether Warren is the one to take on Trump

  • Thread starter Thread starter robertmidwest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I even get the headline. Doesn’t any person who wants to run for the chance to become President can run? Isn’t it up to the voters to choose the Democratic Candidate. I know the powers that be of the the DNC crushed Bernie in favor of Hilary. I would have thought they learned their lesson and will allow the best candidate win. I’m sure the likes of Antifa and the Women’s marchers will be able to choose their very best!
What evidence have you found that the DNC has learned their lesson?

I expect they will be more meddlesome than before.
 
40.png
Imdaman:
I’m not sure I even get the headline. Doesn’t any person who wants to run for the chance to become President can run? Isn’t it up to the voters to choose the Democratic Candidate. I know the powers that be of the the DNC crushed Bernie in favor of Hilary. I would have thought they learned their lesson and will allow the best candidate win. I’m sure the likes of Antifa and the Women’s marchers will be able to choose their very best!
What evidence have you found that the DNC has learned their lesson?

I expect they will be more meddlesome than before.
Well, no evidence that is why I said “I would have thought”.

I would really like to see who the rank and file DNC voter would choose if left alone to do their job. hahah, I can only imagine!
 
I would really like to see who the rank and file DNC voter would choose if left alone to do their job. hahah, I can only imagine!
If candidates felt it was a truly open primary, I think Bloomberg would throw his hat in the ring, and probably win (the Primary). He covers all the bases well.
 
Well, this runs a huge risk of alienating the hard left, which is, by my rough guess, 30-40% of the Dem base voters. And, of course, many so called Reagan Democrats (social conservative and/or working class/ Rust Belt Democrats) will vote for Trump.
 
Last edited:
Because the last time they nominated an out of touch, elderly white woman it went so well for them?
 
If candidates felt it was a truly open primary, I think Bloomberg would throw his hat in the ring, and probably win (the Primary). He covers all the bases well.
That it is open knowledge that the DNC sandbagged Sanders has to have potential alternative candidates on notice. At the moment, it’s just names being thrown out there to see who sticks, but there will have to be at least some narrowing down of the field by next summer. I think by then we’ll have some idea who the desired candidate is and then we’ll see how the opposition goes. I should have loads of popcorn by then.
 
The author of this this article, not me, chose to abbreviate Democrats to Dems. I know some might see this as a microaggression and be triggered.
Anyone who is honestly triggered by this needs counseling, not coddling.
 
That it is open knowledge that the DNC sandbagged Sanders has to have potential alternative candidates on notice.
What’s not open knowledge is what the DNC said to prospective candidates who never bothered to enter the race against HRC. I think anyone with a decent shot was dissuaded from even entering.

Just look at who was on the state ballots, none of them had any chance of beating HRC

 
I know Warren can be very polarizing, but if he decided to run, what do folks here think of Cory Booker?
 
Yummy, Cheetos. I love Cheetos. 😋

Seriously–do people really call Pres. Trump cheeto? I assume it’s because of his hair and skin tone? I’ve never heard that.

I think that names and comments about a person’s appearance should be off limits. I can think of all kinds of names to call myself based on my appearance, but if someone else called me those names, I would eat at least 20 big bags of Cheetos and a lot of Mountain Dew to comfort myself, and that wouldn’t be healthy for me. (But it would be yummy and it would make me feel better.)
 
40.png
Zzyzx_Road:
That it is open knowledge that the DNC sandbagged Sanders has to have potential alternative candidates on notice.
What’s not open knowledge is what the DNC said to prospective candidates who never bothered to enter the race against HRC. I think anyone with a decent shot was dissuaded from even entering.

Just look at who was on the state ballots, none of them had any chance of beating HRC

2016 Democratic Party presidential candidates - Wikipedia
By the looks of them anyone would have been a better candidate than hilary!
 
Seriously–do people really call Pres. Trump cheeto? I assume it’s because of his hair and skin tone? I’ve never heard that.
We had one poster who did and there were more posts using the term cheeto to complain about the term than there were posts that used the term as an insult. So it was a very effective insult in that it annoyed a lot of people.
I think that names and comments about a person’s appearance should be off limits. I can think of all kinds of names to call myself based on my appearance, but if someone else called me those names, I would eat at least 20 big bags of Cheetos and a lot of Mountain Dew to comfort myself, and that wouldn’t be healthy for me. (But it would be yummy and it would make me feel better.)
I am not a fan of calling people names, although when posters call Trump cheeto you can count on posters getting offended. On the other hand, when Trump supporters call Obama Barry Soetero those same posters are silent. Go figure.
 
I would say the same about those who complain about people calling Trump cheeto.
“Cheeto” is a purile slur.

“Dem” is a shorting of “Democrat”, just like “Repub” is a shortening of “Republican”.

The two aren’t even remotely similar.
 
“Cheeto” is a purile slur.

“Dem” is a shorting of “Democrat”, just like “Repub” is a shortening of “Republican”.

The two aren’t even remotely similar.
In a world where there is freedom of speech people need to learn to not be such snowflakes.
 
I would say the same about those who complain about people calling Trump cheeto.
No way. Cheeto is clearly a referenced to his skin/hair color.
I assume it’s because of his hair and skin tone?
Would it be acceptable for someone to give a nickname that reference Michelle Obama’s skin color?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top