Dems Say It's Time for GOP to Unite, End Shutdown

  • Thread starter Thread starter bellasbane
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stateless society? Is that what you think this little tactical move by the House is all about? Its about defunding Obamacare. The govt. is shutdown. The Dems are refusing to budge. The GOP is willing to compromise. Its Obama/Democrats who aren’t willing to budge.

Ishii
So do you think it’s alright for the democrats to shut down the government until the republicans agree to seize all firearms? Then accuse the republicans of refusing to negotiate?

And in this example case, I’m sure you would call the shutdown the republicans fault since they aren’t agreeing to confiscate all firearms.
 
Somehow, I don’t think that gerrymandering in California, Illinois, New York and Minnesota helped the GOP.

Think it’s a coincidence that in Minnesota that an “independent” court gerrymandered Michele Bachmann out of her own district—or that the Independence Party hasn’t fielded a candidate against her in the last 2 election cycles?

Or in Florida where a former republican ran against Allen West as a democrat?

The left wants to attribute to gerrymandering because it further fits their notion that demographics will forever doom the GOP.
there’s so much information regarding gerrymandering out there. You may be surprised if you researched the topic. In my opinion the Republicans disrespected their own voters by doing this. they assumed you would vote for anyone they put up without asking too many questions. In many districts that appears to be the case.
 
You are using Cruz and FOX ‘News’ as your sources??? Why not use Mad Magazine???

Academically speaking, I have to use Ted Cruz as a source. Sorry if he’s the one only left in DC who has common sense.

Fox News is a reputable source. Have you even watched it?.. and I don’t mean the pirated, edited clips on-line done by liberal bloggers from their parent’s basements.
The GOP have NO idea what they’re doing. Now that Obamacare is law, they don’t even know what they’re trying to get anymore. This quote illustrates my point:
“We’re not going to be disrespected….We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”
 
Another sin tax. But you know that tax revenue isn’t used by Democrats to cover the deficit - its used to buy more votes by giving handouts.

Ishii
As opposed to the corporations who pay no taxes?
 
So do you think it’s alright for the democrats to shut down the government until the republicans agree to seize all firearms? Then accuse the republicans of refusing to negotiate?

And in this example case, I’m sure you would call the shutdown the republicans fault since they aren’t agreeing to confiscate all firearms.
Considering that many democrats are pro-second amendment as are most Americans, no.

However, every poll ever to come out on ObamaCare shows a clear majority opposed to it.
 
Maybe they could tax it. that may cover the deficit.
Not a bad idea, but the left and rinos would just find new ways to waste it.

The problem isn’t the amount of money; it’s the spending habit and the culture.
 
As opposed to the corporations who pay no taxes?
You mean corporations like Google that funnel their money around in foreign banks to avoid the high US tax rates?

Or liberals like the late Steve Jobs whose “salary” for the last two years of his life was a buck for tax purposes?
 
Considering that many democrats are pro-second amendment as are most Americans, no.

However, every poll ever to come out on ObamaCare shows a clear majority opposed to it.
I think you may be wrong on that. Who do you personally know who does not want affordable health care?
 
Academically speaking, I have to use Ted Cruz as a source. Sorry if he’s the one only left in DC who has common sense.
I’m sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear enough. My point is that these “all knowing leaders” have no clue what they are doing. They know that it’s too late to start Obama care so they are trying to figure out something they can ask for to save face. Does that help?
 
Considering that many democrats are pro-second amendment as are most Americans, no.

However, every poll ever to come out on ObamaCare shows a clear majority opposed to it.
But it doesn’t matter what america thinks. That’s my point! All that matters is what a small minority of democrats think to bring the country to a stop and hold republicans hostage.

Could you please show me these polls that show the majority of people oppose Obamacare?
 
You mean corporations like Google that funnel their money around in foreign banks to avoid the high US tax rates?

Or liberals like the late Steve Jobs whose “salary” for the last two years of his life was a buck for tax purposes?
Yet companies like Google and Apple still choose to do business here! Interesting…
 
But it doesn’t matter what america thinks. That’s my point! All that matters is what a small minority of democrats think to bring the country to a stop and hold republicans hostage.

Could you please show me these polls that show the majority of people oppose Obamacare?
I’d like to see that poll myself.
 
So do you think it’s alright for the democrats to shut down the government until the republicans agree to seize all firearms? Then accuse the republicans of refusing to negotiate?

And in this example case, I’m sure you would call the shutdown the republicans fault since they aren’t agreeing to confiscate all firearms.
No, Obamacare isn’t a right afforded by the constitution. The right to bear arms is.

Next question?

Ishii
 
there’s so much information regarding gerrymandering out there. You may be surprised if you researched the topic. In my opinion the Republicans disrespected their own voters by doing this. they assumed you would vote for anyone they put up without asking too many questions. In many districts that appears to be the case.
Why don’t you supply the evidence since you’re the one that made the accusation of gerrymandering.

Ishii
 
As opposed to the corporations who pay no taxes?
? I was making the point that the Democrats always act as though the tax increases they propose are going to go towards reducing the deficit. But instead, they go towards new spending.

That is why I am against any Democrat proposal to increase taxes. Its nothing more than a scheme to increase their power by giving more handouts.

Ishii
 
No, Obamacare isn’t a right afforded by the constitution. The right to bear arms is.

Next question?

Ishii
The Declaration of Independence cites life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I’d say the ACA helps promote life and quite possibly the pursuit of happiness.
 
Why don’t you supply the evidence since you’re the one that made the accusation of gerrymandering.

Ishii
So I’m guess there aren’t any polls showing what you claimed…

If I showed them to you, wouldn’t you just call them fake liberal propaganda?
 
The Declaration of Independence cites life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I’d say the ACA helps promote life and quite possibly the pursuit of happiness.
Ever heard of the 2nd amendment? Its about the right to keep and bear arms. Where does the constitution mention “healthcare” ??

Ishii
 
The House passed a spending bill that did not include the ACA. It funded all other governmental functions. The Senate refuses to consider a bill without funding for the ACA. The founders set up a system requiring all appropriations bills start in the House. Neither side held a vote to shut down government. It’s simply that the Senate will not consider a bill without money for the ACA. Agree, disagree, or whatever, neither side is violating the law, unless you go back to the requirement for a budget.

The last U.S. budget that was passed went through in 2009. The Constitution requires a budget, but the country has been on continuing resolutions since that last budget.
 
So I’m guess there aren’t any polls showing what you claimed…

If I showed them to you, wouldn’t you just call them fake liberal propaganda?
I wasn’t the one who claimed the Republicans Gerrymandered.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top