M
mccartyj
Guest
Thank you. Believe me I’m trying my hardest. I know my husband adores our daughter. He’s always been a devoted father to my stepchildren. That was just one of the things that attracted me to him. I want him to see her as much as possible, I just need to make it work. He works a lot so it will be hard to fit in time. I don’t want her spending the night any time soon because she is too little. She has never spent the night away from me. Those days terrify me, when my husband gets her for a weekend. But the little things I can handle right now. I’ll probably let him have her Sunday after church because we always went to my inlaws. So that way he can take her over there. If he’s working I’ll probably still drop her off there so they can see her. They love her so much too!Jessica my heart goes out to you I am so sorry for what you are going through.
You are being so brave (((HUGS))) for you.
What a painful situation to be in.
I offer no advice, other than if you can, try to be as amicable as you can regarding your husband seeing your daughter.Even if you are very angry or hurt or he treats you terribly children need to know they are loved by both parents.In years to come your daughter will love you so much for this and your husband will respect you so much too.I know this will be very hard at times.Who knows what the future holds,only God.
Pray for strength and guidance from God to help you through these very difficult times.
May God bless you and grant you strength and comfort.
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
We were very amicable today. He is not opposed to me getting an attorney. He just knows that he cannot afford one, so if I can get one for a reduced fee since I don’t work, he doesn’t mind. I know he has some major issues, but I think he is just very confused. He is a good man and a good father. I’m just hoping that he will wake up before this is said and done. Apparently once he files we have to wait 60 days before it is granted. Which is a good thing. I did not know that. I told him I want him to go to counseling with me at least once during this time so we can at least get some of our issues out in a productive way so we can move on.
I’m not giving up. I just don’t know how to balance taking care of me and my daughter and trying to save my marriage. It just seems like there is not a good way to do both.
Jessica