Did any Eastern Catholic churches cancel Divine Liturgies

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are both teachers and our state closed all public schools for three weeks (started yesterday) so we are fortunate that we can stay home with our daughter, and still get a paycheck.

You’re right, if the reason was not so tragic it would be kind of nice.

ZP

Denise, I’m so sorry!

Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! Since we have no defense, we sinners offer up this supplication to You, our Master: Have mercy on us!

+Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit

Lord, have mercy on us, for in You we place our hope. Be not exceedingly angry with us nor mindful of our transgressions, but look upon us even now with mercy and deliver us from our enemies. For You are our God and we are Your people; we are all the work of Your hands and we call upon Your Name.

Now and ever and forever. Amen.

Open to us the doors of mercy, O blessed Mother of God, that we who place our trust in you may not perish but that through you we may be delivered from misfortune, for you are the salvation of all Christians.

Troparion, Kontakion and Theotokion of General Intercession and Penitence, Tone 6

That is something that hasn’t crossed my mind. See if an Eastern rite Catholic Church still has a liturgy you could go there. When I lived in upstate New York State, sometimes I would go the the Eastern Rite Catholic Church in town.
Unfortunately, I now live in the Philippines, and I don’t know if there is such a parish in anywhere in the country at all, certainly not within 500 miles.

I’m going to find out tomorrow if our local Melkite church has.

The Eparchy of Parma has suspended liturgies through Easter.

I’m in Ohio, and as far as I know the Ukrainians here have not cancelled anything.

I’m in Ohio, and as far as I know the Ukrainians here have not cancelled anything.
Eparchy of Phoenix is still going, but I am honestly expecting to hear today that liturgies are canceled.

Eparchy of Newton has left it to local parishes for now. Waiting for a word on it from the local Melkite community about what they are going to do.

Eparchy of Parma has now suspended all Liturgies. Just hours after my parish told me, “Yeah, we’re still open”.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

This makes me sad and worried that our Eparchy will follow suit soon. I am praying that we get just one more Presanctified Lturgy tomorrow. And Pascha.
OCADOW has suspended services.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Orthodox Diocese of the Midwest has cancelled services?

40.png
Paragon468:

Eparchy of Phoenix is still going, but I am honestly expecting to hear today that liturgies are canceled.
Phoenix suspended public liturgies a few minutes ago.

Any word on the Melkites in the US? They’re the only ones around me that I haven’t heard about.

That is pretty much it. The local parish has cancelled Sunday Divine Liturgies, but not all services.

Bishop Elias of the Eparchy of Our Lady of Lebanon (the western US eparchy) just ordered “all Maronite parishes, institutions and programs” closed until further notice. Baptisms, weddings and funerals may be held with immediate family members, not to exceed the attendance limits imposed by the local health authorities.

Bishop Elias is asking priests to privately celebrate liturgy and prayer services and live-stream them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back