Did the lying media cost Trump the election?

• Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN and MSNBC, being no fans of Trump, probably hurt Trump of course. But Trump hurt himself in the first debate.

“Fact” checkers that LIED about Biden’s oil and fracking ban backtracking didn’t help.
NO ONE wanted the “fact” checkers, OTHER THAN Hilary Clinton.
So why do we have them?
Most of us are smart enough to spot misinformation on our own. Our big tech oligarch gods, and their sister goddesses in legacy media do not need to tell us.
The technocracy and their sister goddesses have been lying to y’all for a LONG TIME, this is not a NEW thing.

This is such a lame cop out. “But CNN is anti-Trump!” Who cares? Less people watch CNN than watch Fox anyway, which was generally favorable to Trump.

If Trump put half as much effort into acting like a semi-sane adult as he did in whining about CNN hurting his feelings, he’d probably have won a second term.

Reactions: Nik
If Trump put half as much effort into acting like a semi-sane adult as he did in whining about CNN hurting his feelings, he’d probably have won a second term.
How would you like it if you were ALWAYS asked about condemning white supremacy, and you always do, and then you were told that you support it?
Indian Country voted for Trump, and American Indians are not White Supremacists (obviously).

Last edited:
How would you like it if you were ALWAYS asked about condemning white supremacy, and you always do, and then you were told that you support it?
I think if I was gonna lose my mind at people asking me unfair questions i wouldn’t run for national office.

CNN and Trump had a symbiotic relationship. They get plenty of content bolster their flagging viewership and he gets a bogeyman to aim his anger at, and a scapegoat for his failures.

Last edited:
Mr Trump did not win as many electoral college votes and that is what lost him the election. More people wanted Mr Biden as POTUS, it is simple.

I had to laugh at the term “lying media.” Message from the article, “Never trust the media, except us, of course.” It is the core of the fake news mythology.

I don’t doubt that Trump contributed to his own defeat. Had he stayed off of Twitter, not responded to attacks, and delegated to others the task of promoting his accomplishments, he might have won a second term. Still, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro in their day had more favorable news coverage than Trump.

From the article: “According to MRC, “This lack of information proved crucial: One of every six Biden voters we surveyed (17%) said they would have abandoned the Democratic candidate had they known the facts about one or more of these news stories. A shift of this magnitude would have changed the outcome in all six of the swing states won by Joe Biden, and Donald Trump would have comfortably won a second term as president.””

I agree with this. He was his own worst enemy. Joe Biden didn’t beat him. He beat himself.

If someone genuinely thinks the Supreme Court is going to swoop in and deliver the election to Trump at this point, you are delusional. Absolutely delusional.

My theory is that if conservatives and their values were portrayed accurately and fairly across the media, most people would be conservative.

As it is, even in spite of the non stop mischaracterization of our views and relentless sneering, roughly half of every election votes towards conservative.

Kind of like the non stop mischaracterization of the views of and relentless sneering at even middle of the road people by some conservatives. Think that might have something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back