G
Gamera
Guest
The New Testament hadn’t yet been written on the day of Pentecost described in Acts Chapter 2, so it’s hard to see how the Church could have been a “Bible believing Church” before the Bible was complete. But I’m glad that you are a Bible believing Christian. So am I, which is why I am Catholic.Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:
Yes! And as 1 Thes 2:13 says, “God’s word” consists of BOTH Scripture AND the Apostles’ preaching (what we call Sacred Tradition).First off, Do you believe that Gods Word is truth and holds authority over the world and mankind (John 17:17)?. If you do, praise God,
“And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers,” 1 Thes. 2:13.
My question is, do YOU believe that God’s word BOTH in the form of Scripture AND in the form of Apostolic Traidition has authority over the world and mankind?
Only by virtue of Jesus’ shed blood. Catholics believe we cannot do anything good apart from Jesus’ help. It’s right in our Catechism. “We can have merit in God’s sight only because of God’s free plan to associate man with the work of his grace. Merit is to be ascribed in the first place to the grace of God, and secondly to man’s collaboration. Man’s merit is due to God.” CCC 2025.Do you believe your a good person?
Sacraments are not works. Sacraments are gifts which we receive, not good deeds that we perform.Are you trying to hard to do good, keeping all the sacraments? Do you keep the 7 sacraments?
This is a false dichotomy. Yes, we believe Jesus “paid it all” on the cross. And yes, we believe His sacrifice is perpetual, since He is our high priest forever in the order of Melchizedek (Heb. 6:20). Perpetual priesthood means perpetual sacrifice. That’s why Revelation 6:9 and 8:3 shows an altar in heaven. If Jesus were not still our sacrifice, then why would Revelation still depict an altar in heaven? (You’ll find that the Catholics here know our Bibles quite well. Usually better than those who come here to “enlighten” us).To believe in the Gospel is to believe that Christ paid it all at the cross. … Which comes to the last question: Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross? And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer. That some how God Himself physically becomes that waffer when the priest says “bread”. It is true, Jesus is the bread of life, He states "“Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:54 but then Jesus also states:
“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40. Now is this a contradiction? Or what is He really trying to say?
“The flesh profits nothing” John 6:63