Does abortion save millions from hell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FiveLinden
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a numbers game. If we believe that God is not bound by the sacraments and can save the unborn then its possible that many aborted people will populate heaven. That would have to be something we consider good. That heaven is populated.
 
So the reasonable action of the (glorious) conquistadors was to be commanded. As we know they took the newborns from the natives, baptized them (to erase the original sin) and then quickly hurled their skull to the next stone. After all they were good, faithful Catholics, and out of LOVE!!! they helped those children into heaven.
Actually we don’t “All know” as the source of that “legend” is Bertrand Russel in 1929 in an essay he wrote. It is the first mention of such an occurrence. It is believed he cobbled together different stories and made them into one story. He never mentions a source material 500 years later.

Repeat the legend enough til it becomes fact. “As We all Know”

Peace and God Bless
Nicene
 
Given those parameters the logical conclusion would have to be that every christian should be killed immediately (after confession or if not aborted then immediately after birth,) so they can go to heaven. Interesting thought experiment

Peace and God Bless
Nicene
 
So the answers seem to be:

• Yes, as a result of abortion millions of people every year are saved from hell.

• But, as a result of abortion millions of people are put at risk of hell by participating in carrying out an abortion.

• There is a possibility that aborted people who would have gone to heaven would have, as a result of their faith and/or good works had a greater experience of eternal bliss than they have had as a result of dying so young.

Some other points:

• I have not here suggested that it is a good thing that abortions take place or that they should be done to save people from hell. My OP was about consequences.

• The WHO estimate for abortions world-wide is 56m. I roughly doubled that to account for the great many very early abortions counted as such by Catholics but not by WHO. In any case it’s just a thought experiment.

As some may know I participate in CAF as an unbeliever because I am interested in the nature of belief itself. I’d be interested to understand more about how the issues raised above correspond with Catholic belief in an all-knowing, omnipotent and all-loving God.
 
If a baptized person lives a full life of virtue, that person is able to have the joy of living in Christ in earth, and then to have increased capacity for bliss in Heaven and in the resurrected eternal life.

If a baptized baby is murdered and goes directly to Heaven, that baby has still been wronged and has lost out. Evil really does do harm, even though God can provide justice and can console those who were wronged.
 
Last edited:
Given those parameters the logical conclusion would have to be that every christian should be killed immediately (after confession or if not aborted then immediately after birth,) so they can go to heaven. Interesting thought experiment
It IS the logical conclusion. There is a very good theater play: “Sister Mary Ignatius explains it all for you”, and in the play this is an important part.
 
Often in Catholic circles I think the woman is not considered as valuable as the baby. But I trust God is loving and saves the innocent babies. Therefore our focus should be more on care and compassion for the woman. This is why I think the pope and some bishops are bringing some common sense to the pro life cause.
 
Often in Catholic circles I think the woman is not considered as valuable as the baby.
Are you referring to situations where pregnancy puts the mother’s life in danger? Or are you talking about any situation where a woman is pregnant and doesn’t want to be?
But I trust God is loving and saves the innocent babies.
That doesn’t make aborting them okay.
Therefore our focus should be more on care and compassion for the woman.
As long as the care and compassion you’re talking about doesn’t mean giving the woman the option of killing her child.
This is why I think the pope and some bishops are bringing some common sense to the pro life cause.
Common sense says mothers shouldn’t kill their children.
 
Last edited:
40.png
Psalm30:
Even if the outcome is better, it’s irrelevant because the ends do not justify the means.
Irrelevant to what? It is certainly relevant to the question in the original post.
I simply mean that even if the outcome is better, it doesn’t really make a difference in whether abortion is okay to do or not. Abortion is wrong. Period.
 
Just to jump in a sec this isn’t really a thought experiment, that’s kind of stretching it. What the question only relates to in the OP is a numbers game dealing with cost benefit analysis. Why he is saying it is irrelevant, and rightly so, is that it eliminates any form of moral component.

While this statement may be inflammatory, and not actually meant to be so, the Nazi’s didn’t regard human life but literally how many they could pack in train cars and ovens in the most expedient manner to maximize their numbers.

Iirc it was Himmler who wanted to know the numbers in choosing the method to be employed to maximize their numbers for “the final solution.” People aren’t merely numbers.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene
 
Abortion is wrong ok. Because the ends dont justify the means. But the ends are that heaven is populated. And a woman can live long enough to repent and then join her children in heaven. But the people who need mercy, and love, and gentle care are the women survivors of abortion. And part of that healing could come with the aknowlegement that her children are ok and in heaven and perhaps even praying for her. By focusing on the babies we miss the actual people we can minister to.
 
Last edited:
I am not here trying to argue that the means (abortion) is a good thing. But is the outcome not better than had the abortions not taken place?
I think is probably the oddest premise I have ever seen on CAF in the 10 years I have been here.
 
Last edited:
You don’t need to thank me, I did say it was odd. :confused:
 
Last edited:
Do not do evil so that may result. The material good is important needs to be defended.
 
I’ve thought about this sort of thing before. Presumably, an overall better outcome could result from morally atrocious actions, yet those actions would still have to be unequivocally condemned. I would certainly condemn them, and I don’t think that’s necessarily controversial; I’ll admit that the difficulty I have with any scenario like that stems mainly from the concept of hell itself.

It’s a bit weird to think about.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top