I
Irishmom2
Guest
Well, as others have mentioned, the end does not justify the means, so it didn’t “make me think” for too long.
Except, no one was suggesting here that the end justified the means. My OP was asking about outcomes.Well, as others have mentioned, the end does not justify the means, so it didn’t “make me think” for too long
Perhaps you are making a case here for large scale genocide?Abortion, on the face of it, saves millions from hell.
Second oddest thing I have read on CAF.I dont think anyone advocates for abortions to populate heaven. But rather that the harmful effects of abortion may not be as dire as claimed by some.
Well, as I am an unbeliever, no, because I do not believe in hell. Genocide would have no good outcome, from my perspective, for anyone killed. For Catholics, however, the result of any death of an innocent or absolved person has a positive result.Perhaps you are making a case here for large scale genocide?
I based my OP on Catholic belief.Or abortion could be populating Limbo. The entire hypothesis is unsound and dangerous
This sounds very dangerously close to justifying abortion. Sorry, but I really cannot see any other way to interpret it.Abortion is wrong ok. Because the ends dont justify the means. But the ends are that heaven is populated. And a woman can live long enough to repent and then join her children in heaven.
After the abortion has already happened and it’s too late to save the baby, then yes, focus on the healing of the mother. But before the abortion has taken place, the focus needs to be on both baby and mother to reach a solution that does not entail killing the baby.But the people who need mercy, and love, and gentle care are the women survivors of abortion. And part of that healing could come with the aknowlegement that her children are ok and in heaven and perhaps even praying for her. By focusing on the babies we miss the actual people we can minister to.
It’s a numbers game. If we believe that God is not bound by the sacraments and can save the unborn then its possible that many aborted people will populate heaven. That would have to be something we consider good. That heaven is populated.
You’re playing with fire. Please don’t downplay the evil of abortion. Such statements can potentially encourage women currently faced with a crisis pregnancy to have an abortion.I dont think anyone advocates for abortions to populate heaven. But rather that the harmful effects of abortion may not be as dire as claimed by some.
Yes…but is God not merciful and powerful enough to save a completely innocent human being who, through no fault of their own, didn’t get a chance to be baptized?Does anyone still believe in the doctrine of origina sin?