Dr. Anthony Fauci Warns of Bleak Winter: Looking Forward to ‘Christmas in 2021’

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
Selective data is not as relevant as comprehensive data, which shows we are in a crisis of deaths.
So the untruthfulness in the statement is irrelevant …"?
It was not an untruth at the time it was spoken.

DAVID NABARRO : I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus. [. . .] We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.

241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
It was not an untruth at the time it was spoken.
When exactly has covid had a 70% mortality or “debilitating long term issues”?

Please be specific.
You will have to ask someone else about the 70%. I didn’t make that statement. But I do know that debilitating long term issues have been seen in some cases for a long time. I think back to April or May. Whatever the answers are to your deflecting questions, it does not change the fact that our health care system is being overwhelmed by covid, and that is not even debatable.

My mistake. I thought you were referring to the statement by Dr. Fauci about masks being unnecessary. I see now that you were referring to something else.

Over 70% die or experience debilitating long term issues.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

TV screen shot from earlier (from here).

(Now today’s data [not much different] - Identical to scenario 3 below today)

Compare that with (From today, November 29th, 2020) . . . .

Table 1. Parameter Values that vary among the five COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios. The scenarios are intended to advance public health preparedness and planning. They are not predictions or estimates of the expected impact of COVID-19. The parameter values in each scenario will be updated and augmented over time, as we learn more about the epidemiology of COVID-19. Additional parameter values might be added in the future (e.g., population density, household transmission, and/or race and ethnicity).
CDC Infection Fatality Ratio estimates based on age (scenario 1):
0-19 years: 0.00002
20-49 years: 0.00007
50-69 years: 0.0025
70+ years: 0.028
to (scenario 2) . . . .
0-19 years: 0.0001
20-49 years: 0.0003
50-69 years: 0.010
70+ years: 0.093
to (scenario 3) . . .
0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Last edited:
Even with ‘bold yours’
translate those figures into real numbers.

Ask El Paso and New York.

I believe Japan has quite a high rate usually compared to other countries.
Sadly, that has been cemented in my mind from when I worked for a pharmaceutical company. A Japanese person in the Alpharetta (north Atlanta) office had decided to kill himself by jumping from an atrium balcony. Thankfully I did not witness it or the aftermath. Nontheless, it stuck with me.

If I’m remembering correctly and NT letting movies overemphasize it, their culture of honor/shame doesn’t attach near the stigma of suicide as our culture does. It’s often considered an honorable death. I know their youth has quite a high rate comparatively speaking.

Main results: Average winter respiratory deaths attributed to influenza in children 1 month–14 years were 22 and to RSV 28; and all cause deaths to influenza 78 and to RSV 79. All cause RSV attributed deaths in infants 1–12 months exceeded those for influenza every year except 1989/90; the average RSV and influenza attributed death rates were 8.4 and 6.7 per 100 000 population respectively. Corresponding rates for children 1–4 years were 0.9 and 0.8 and for older children all rates were 0.2 or less, except for an influenza rate of 0.4 in children 10–14 years.

When calculating the numbers this works out to be . . . .

RSV is almost three times deadlier than corona virus in infants. (RSV mortality drops off significantly as the baby gets older though and may not hold true for them. The article does not make such an age distinction in the 0-19 year old range [but I know from a family near-SIDS baby and all the research we did] about RSV deaths dropping off significantly as the baby gets older, nor do the above CDC figures).

Influenza virus is about twice as deadly than corona virus in these infants and children.

Last edited:
RSV is almost three times deadlier than corona virus in infants.
The mortality rate for those infected is not the only relevant measure of how deadly a virus is to any group of people. Rabies has a much higher mortality rate - nearly 99.9% for anyone infected. Yet we don’t worry about rabies as much as we worry about covid-19, or even the flu. Why? Because many more people die from these diseases than from rabies. This is probably due to the fact that rabies does not transmit from person to person very easily like these other diseases.

This fact is born out by observing that the ICUs are not being overwhelmed by RSV patients, and that trucks are not being brought in as temporary morgues for dead RSV victims. It is doubtful that anything one can say about RSV in any way lessens the seriousness of covid-19. But maybe that is not what you were trying to imply? Otherwise, why did you bring it up in a thread about our response to covid-19?

This fact is born out by observing that the ICUs are not being overwhelmed by RSV patient
The post was another clever way of ignoring of overall risk benefit ratio.

RSV is also not associated with causing world starvation “of Biblical proportions”, elevated suicide rates, record rates of spousal abuse, etc. etc.

Meanwhile RSV is still almost three times deadlier than corona virus in infants
and influenza remains more deadly in youths than corona virus.

I stand by my post.

On a more public note . . .

(The same political and media people that were silent last year with the flu
that wasn’t this magnitude of a risk to THEM personally,
are now LOUD and “concerned” regarding corona virus that
much more effects THEMSELVES personally regarding risk.
This is selfishness cloaked in virtue-signalling and a phony “patriotism” for
conscience salve for themselves
and their self-centered concerns about themselves
are part of what we are seeing in my opinion.
My advice is don’t fall for it.)
It is doubtful that anything one can say about RSV in any way lessens the seriousness of covid-19.
It is doubtful that anything one can say about corona virus in any way lessens the seriousness of mandated widespread Government enforced lockdowns.
DAVID NABARRO : I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus. [. . .] We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.
Bold mine.

Last edited:
Worldwide “unprecedented hunger” and the proponents of mandated Government lockdowns
just never seem to mention this fact.

“I’m starving now”: World faces unprecedented hunger crisis amid coronavirus pandemic​

BY DEBORA PATTA, HALEY OTT

UPDATED ON: MAY 2, 2020 / 7:03 PM / CBS NEWS

It’s Friday morning in Alexandra township – a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of South Africa’s largest city, Johannesburg – and dozens of people are gathered in a field outside a food distribution point, hoping today might be the day they get something to eat.

“If you’re hungry, it’s easy to get sick from stress and everything,” says Mduduzi Khumalo, who’s been lining up every day for two weeks. To get food your name has to be on the list and, so far, despite registering multiple times, his hasn’t been.

Khumalo worked as a delivery man before South Africa’s coronavirus lockdown decimated his income. His children used to get two meals a day at school, but schools are closed now. Every day, the kids wait for him at the family’s tiny home, and every day brings the same bad news.

“They know that if I don’t get anything for them, it’s over,” Khumalo tells CBS News.

Famines “of biblical proportions”​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Residents of Diepsloot in South Africa wait for food but go home empty handed of Friday, April 23. CBS NEWS

The coronavirus pandemic has left the world facing an unprecedented hunger crisis. The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) has warned that by the end of the year, more than 260 million people will face starvation – double last year’s figures.

“In a worst-case scenario, we could be looking at famine in about three dozen countries,” . . .

Last edited:
Pretending to want to fix a crisis she helped create. . . .
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) was criticized recently for committing to help small businesses hit by the pandemic despite supporting protesters in June.

“Small businesses, especially Black and minority-owned businesses, urgently need relief to survive the effects of coronavirus this winter,” she wrote in a tweet Saturday. . . .

However, Twitter users were quick to remind the senator of her support for protests that culminated in rioting, looting, and burning.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have supported the ‘protests’ that destroyed so many, or supported bailing them out to it all over again,” one person said.

“Buy [sic] didn’t you start, or were part of, a fund that bailed out rioters that looted and burned a lot of these small businesses. Especially in Minnesota at the beginning,” another commented.

In a tweet on June 1, Harris shared a link so her followers could donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) to “help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota” . . .

Covid-19 is nowhere what you described.
What am I describing exactly that you are disputing?
Hyperbole, perhaps?

Or is this all distortion?
Here too, be specific as to what you consider distortion or hyperbole.

Do you know the stats for the loss of unborn babies in the Spanish Flu epidemic?

I’m still looking for that disease with 70% fatality or complications rate.
Certainly isn’t covid.
You are not reading correctly and then going off on a tangent.
Try reading what I wrote in my scenario again. This scenario has happened more then once in this pandemic.

Last edited:
You are right. It certainly isn’t COVID
You too, not reading what I wrote and then going off on a tangent. Try reading my scenario again. It has happened more then once.

A new question to you and VZ,

When a vaccine is rolled out the first in line are aged care homes and

Health workers
Police and emergency service workers.

If this is just an old people or health compromised persons disease,

Then why bother first roll out vaccines to police and emergency responders and health care workers?

Why bother with a vaccine at all for the rest of the population if this doesnt have dire consequences for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back