Abortion is legal throughout the nine months due to two Supreme Court decisons in 1973, not due to any act of Congress. We still do not have enough pro-life Supreme Court justices to overturn it. Also, we could overturn it through an act of a super majority of both Houses of Congress or through a Constitutional amendment. But as long as you who say you are Christians??? vote not for ending abortion as your no. 1 issue, no Congress is going to pass an act removing abortion jurisdiction from the purvue of the courts which Congress could do. If we had a super majority the likes of Santorum, then we could end it.
But most Americans including those who say they’re Catholic are equally gutless and corrupt and will not even vote against pro-aborts.
I daresay many of you don’t really believe that an unborn child exists from the moment of fertilization on. Well, you konw I have seen my unborn chidren on the ultraound screen. I have seen their hearts beating and their heads. I had twin boys. Their bodies were not my body. We could see both their little hearts beating. The ventricles were clearly visible and this was with the ancient ultrasound machinery they had in 1982!
I challenge you who think legalized abortion throughout the whole nine months is of such minor consideration when deciding who to vote for, to go to <
abort73.com> and view the video clips. The twin sons whose hearts I saw beating at 20 weeks after conception say the website is cool.
Another son is in Iraq and he is not fighting in order to keep abortion legal! I was not thinking about Iraq when I voted straight Republican. I was thinking about the slaughter taking place at Planned Parenthood and at the research facilities of major universities.
Yes, many Republicans are not strong in supporting life and some are pro-abortion. But because the party puts pressure on them, many will vote for life measures. Despite the Republican numbers, in fact many voted just like Democrats and would vote to thwart the confirmations of good judges under President Bush. In the Senate the Democrats held almost as many seats. You could validly say, that the lack of progress in stopping abortion can be laid at the feet of the current Democrats and RINO (Republican in name only) senators who love abortion.
The House was much more pro-life and I’m afraid many of you voted out the very congressmaen who were helpful to the pro-life cause. And you turned out Sen. Santorum who was heart and soul for ending abortion. If you read “Letters to Gabriel”, you’ll see why).