Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not be tactful, but I will take the blunt honesty any time over the majority of politicians who “speak” through spin doctors and speech writers. Trump is no dummy and he understands how to get a reaction from the vast majority of the truly apathetic voters who have been lulled to sleep with the same old politically correct “messages” from the candidates of the last few years. Ronald Reagan was criticized early in in his campaign too for being too blunt and not being “presidential” and that turned out ok.
Ronald Reagan is one of my personal heroes. I voted for him in 1980 and 1984 . Believe me Donald Trump’s is no Ronald Reagan . Donald Trump has insulted unnecessarily more public figures and opposing Republicans in the last three weeks than Ronald Reagan did in his entire career. Remember Ronald Reagan’s 11th Commandment- Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican .
 
Ronald Reagan is one of my personal heroes. I voted for him in 1980 and 1984 . Believe me Donald Trump’s is no Ronald Reagan . Donald Trump has insulted unnecessarily more public figures and opposing Republicans in the last three weeks than Ronald Reagan did in his entire career. Remember Ronald Reagan’s 11th Commandment- Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican .
Agreed. Here is my read on The Donald: a man with money and fame who now wants power.
 
He may not be tactful, but I will take the blunt honesty any time over the majority of politicians who “speak” through spin doctors and speech writers. Trump is no dummy and he understands how to get a reaction from the vast majority of the truly apathetic voters who have been lulled to sleep with the same old politically correct “messages” from the candidates of the last few years. Ronald Reagan was criticized early in in his campaign too for being too blunt and not being “presidential” and that turned out ok.
For myself, I do think there is a little of that with Trump and others do too. Though I do agree, that Reagan was not rough, some sentiments such as “fix government” though might be the same. As Reagan said, “Government is not the solution, Government is the problem” and Trump’s straight talk.

Sure, Reagan had his 11st commandment and then, he went on to be critical in '80 when he was accused of Voodoo Economics.
 
I am getting tired of egocentric businessmen who think their experience enriching themselves qualifies them to lead 0.3B semi-free citizens.

The country needs wisdom and compromise; not more ego.

IMNAAHO.

ICXC NIKA
 
I am getting tired of egocentric businessmen who think their experience enriching themselves qualifies them to lead 0.3B semi-free citizens.

The country needs wisdom and compromise; not more ego.

IMNAAHO.

ICXC NIKA
And doesn’t anyone actually think he would give up his business interests after he would become president? I could just see all kinds of preferential real estate laws floating around in Congress.
 
CNN is reporting that in its latest poll among GOP voters, which was taken after his statements about Mexicans and John McCain, Trump is now in the lead by a substantial margin. Still think he’s not a “viable candidate”?
 
CNN is reporting that in its latest poll among GOP voters, which was taken after his statements about Mexicans and John McCain, Trump is now in the lead by a substantial margin. Still think he’s not a “viable candidate”?
Yes. I think he is not a viable candidate. The Primary is in 2016, not 2015.
 
Yes. I think he is not a viable candidate. The Primary is in 2016, not 2015.
I guess we shall see then. If the GOP doesn’t “get” this message that is being sent by its own registered voters, then we are doomed to seeing another Clinton being elected.
 
I guess we shall see then. If the GOP doesn’t “get” this message that is being sent by its own registered voters, then we are doomed to seeing another Clinton being elected.
If Trump is the best the G.O.P. can come up with, then IMNAAHO, Bill **deserves **to be First Lady.

ICXC NIKA
 
I guess we shall see then. If the GOP doesn’t “get” this message that is being sent by its own registered voters, then we are doomed to seeing another Clinton being elected.
Do you think Donald Trump could win against Hillary Clinton, if she is the Democratic nominee?
 
Also, the DNC often can be seen as not being pro-Israel.
As Reagan himself said in re: Israel: “it is not the business of other nations to make American foreign policy.”

Frankly, who cares what Israel thinks?
 
Trump like many people including Newsmax TV gave to the Clinton Foundation, I did some research and if one gave to the Clinton Foundation, one furthered interests of the abortion industry.

Still, Trump is taking on the Washington Cartel, because he is rich, he doesn’t have to pander to special interests.

It’s up to each of us to judge but he certainly is doing something besides “politics as usual” whereas it seems DC doesn’t care about a lot of Americans or else, we would not have some of the travesties in our country that many see.
 
Do you think Donald Trump could win against Hillary Clinton, if she is the Democratic nominee?
Yes…I think he is just the candidate to destroy her when it comes to the Presidential debates. He won’t hesitate to use all the ammo she has given him during her public life.
 
Just like the Senate was going to vote to defund Planned Parenthood this weekend but pulled out. We have had enough of this inaction.
 
Yes…I think he is just the candidate to destroy her when it comes to the Presidential debates. He won’t hesitate to use all the ammo she has given him during her public life.
If that’s the standard by which he will destroy her, then it’s pretty much a zero sum game.
 
If that’s the standard by which he will destroy her, then it’s pretty much a zero sum game.
Hillary supports Planned Parenthood and won their Sanger award.

Trump said Planned Parenthood should be defunded.
 
Hillary supports Planned Parenthood and won their Sanger award.

Trump said Planned Parenthood should be defunded.
Trump *said *this. Trump *said *that.

All political candidates are prone to dissemination, backsliding and falsehoods. What gives Trump’s words any greater weight than any other candidate?
 
I think a lot of people are severely underestimating Trump - and that’s a very big advantage to him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top