Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump Staffers Eye Third-Party Run

time.com/3972001/donald-trump-third-party/

Priebus: Trump won’t run as third-party candidate

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/249181-priebus-trump-wont-run-as-third-party-candidate
No, I don’t think he’ll do the third party run. Haven’t you guys ever watched the Apprentice? Bought a car? We’re doing a deal here. It’s a game of nerves. The more you push him, the more he pushes back. To what end you may ask: Trump wants his say in the direction the country takes - through the Republican party. He is genuinely worried (and rightly so) about how weak and dissolute the US has so suddenly become. We simply can’t go on like this for very long. He’s trying to fix it - getting involved. He is going for the nomination but what he really wants is a good deal for the US. He’ll take that in the end - at the best price he can get.
 
No, I don’t think he’ll do the third party run. Haven’t you guys ever watched the Apprentice? Bought a car? We’re doing a deal here…
Trump is plain spoken and rough spoken.
How does one then ever know which Trump one gets, the honest one, or the one who is just saying something to manipulate others? This is a problem with the best of politicians, but with this man, it seems a point of pride with him. I do not think lying all the way to the White House for his own end and selling out the country is beyond impossible.
 
How does one then ever know which Trump one gets, the honest one, or the one who is just saying something to manipulate others? This is a problem with the best of politicians, but with this man, it seems a point of pride with him. I do not think lying all the way to the White House for his own end and selling out the country is beyond impossible.
At heart he is a good little capitalistic Presbyterian. He likes success which he can’t have without a strong America. His own self-interest drives him more than anything. I agree though - he is a wild card - and with a wounded ego who knows how far this could go.

But the GOP establishment is so hysterical. Have you seen what National Review, Commentary, etc. are saying. They are terrified. I feel like a fire hose has been turned on the whole upper crust of the GOP. It is amusing and a good wake up call for the top. But their hysteria feeds Trump.

Trump is a survivor not a destroyer. He’ll end up driving this thing - and he WILL NOT take the plane down.
 
I understand Trump also attended a Dutch Church, ? Dutch Presbyterian? I don’t know. Maybe that is what his ancestry is and in fact, I do believe he has Catholicism likewise in his background.

Anyway, though he* may* be acceptable, I’m still unsure about candidates but Gov. Walker is my first choice usually and at least, among those currently in the top tier, I don’t know if either of the Ricks, Perry and Santorum can get momentum though they are very good men. Just my opinion. Huckabee and Carson are fine too and I think they are per the polls in the game very much.
 

Your message should begin with the name of the perfect example of what we have at present and are desperate to have get OUT of office - Barack HUSSEIN Obama aka
“Barry Soetoro”.
I love that people are silly enough to continue with this middle name emphasis business for eight whole years…
 
I love that people are silly enough to continue with this middle name emphasis business for eight whole years…
Yeah many Presidents have had middle names. I never heard Ronald WILSON Reagan much though. I may have to look up Scott Walker’s or Jeb’s or even Hillary’s middle name just incase one of them is elected and reelected the next POTUS for 8 yrs. Just so I know what to expect.
 
Oh I get it, you must believe that two wrongs make a right :rolleyes:
Please do not assume. Your ability to interpolate from a post to what a person is like, or believes, is not very good. Your logic fails here. I do not consider using the presidents middle name to be wrong. I do not think it silly. I think it irrelevant. Therefore, there is no wrong, as I see it, in using anyone’s name.
 
Please do not assume. Your ability to interpolate from a post to what a person is like, or believes, is not very good. Your logic fails here. I do not consider using the presidents middle name to be wrong. I do not think it silly. I think it irrelevant. Therefore, there is no wrong, as I see it, in using anyone’s name.
So you don’t think there’s any agenda behind capitalizing President Obama’s middle name? It’s a false attempt to portray the president as either a non-citizen or muslim.

That being said I fail to see a logic flaw in my sarcasm regarding two wrongs. You’re comment seems to offer that because the left used “dubya”, it’s fine to invoke birtherism by capitalizing “Hussein”.

We get it, it’s his middle name, but guess what, middle names aren’t often used except to make a point. No it does not make him muslim, no it does not make him a non-american.
 
We get it, it’s his middle name, but guess what, middle names aren’t often used except to make a point. No it does not make him muslim, no it does not make him a non-american.
What point were people trying to make when they referred to FDR as Franklin Delano Roosevelt

or JFK as John Fitzgerald Kennedy

or LBJ as Lyndon Baines Johnson?
 
Trump’s website, Donald J. Trump donaldjtrump.com/

Yes, quite often the middle name or initial is used, Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC), often but may not be always. This is a bit of a tangent but have at it.
 
What point were people trying to make when they referred to FDR as Franklin Delano Roosevelt

or JFK as John Fitzgerald Kennedy

or LBJ as Lyndon Baines Johnson?
Those are all presidents that were commonly known by their initials. President Obama is not widely known by his initials, correct?

Can you deny that the middle name is usually brought up in anti-Obama rhetoric (birther, muslim, etc)?
 
Ted Cruz addressed this on the Mark Levin show last night. I won’t link to it because I’m only finding it on a Cruz campaign site, but it can easily be found with a search.

Mitch McConnell is a disgrace
Mark Levin, master of yelling like a madman on the radio. It’s embarrassing to even listen to.
 
Those are all presidents that were commonly known by their initials. President Obama is not widely known by his initials, correct?

Can you deny that the middle name is usually brought up in anti-Obama rhetoric (birther, muslim, etc)?
Sounds like some of that scrutiny is deserved.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top