Favorite catholic movie

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom_of_Assisi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Luis from Laredo, Texas. I have a story of service. I am 20 years old. I can do programs with the computer. I have read alot of books of programming. I plan to become a great Computer Engineer. I was in college in San Antonio in St. Mary’s University for one semester studying Computer Science and I will continue in College here in Laredo, Texas. I have been serving the homeless 4 years and the sick 2 years. I have hugged homeless persons. I have talked with them. I am looking for someone who could help me make a movie of my own life just like a movie was made of the story of Liz Murray(“From Homelessness To Harvard”) was converted into a movie. Liz Murray story has to do with overcoming obstacles and my life has to do with reaching out to others even if things are doing bad. I am Catholic but this movie is directed to any youth of any religion because the main point of the movie is Service. I already have the story to make the movie and I wrote it through stages from childhood until today. At my local parish, some people think that I am an inspiration. I don’t think that I am an inspiration but if some people think that I am an inspiration then why not make a movie about my life that would benefit all other Youth about Service. I already have an inspirational message. I just need someone to make the movie. Please help me. My email: Steel9561@yahoo.com

I have been serving the poor and the sick alone and when you serve alone you suffer more than when you serve with someone else. I have served the poor in Guatemala, in Laredo, Texas and San Antonio. In San Antonio, I use to walk in the streets with a rustic box on which I took the food and clothing to the homeless of downtown. The Movie will show my service since I started doing service alone until I stop serving alone and started helping the poor and the sick with someone else. I even have the name of the movie: The Service is for Free: The Story of Luis Lazo. That’s the name I would put to the movie but I could consider other names as alternatives. At my local parish I gave my testimony and a new ministry has been given to me. I am the founder of Water of Christ Ministry: Youth Ministry where the Waters of Christ spill in blessings on the poor and the sick. I am working with my local parish and I have been helping the homeless with other youth. Thanks in Advance.

Sincerely,

Luis Lazo

a clay-mation of a Leo Tolstoy story called “Michael the Visitor”
“A Time to Remember”

I was taught by nuns, so I’m a sucker for ‘Lilies of the Field’, ‘Black Narcissus’ and ‘Nun’s Story’

40.png
onceagain:
Am I the only one who finds Steel9561 hilarious? :hmmm:
Um, what’s so funny about his post?

The Song of Bernadette. The Nun’s Story. The Passion of Joan of Arc (silent). Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison.

Bear with me here, there are quite a few that I like.
I love The scarlet and the black, I’m even reading the book it is based on. Trouble with angels, a man for all seasons, we’re no angels (not sure it’s an official catholic movie), the bells of St. Mary’s, the ninth day, the passion of the Christ, the song of Bernadette. I’m sure there are more but I can’t think of any at the moment.
Has anyone seen the movie Molokai: The story of Father Damien? I’m going to be ordering it and was just wondering if it is any good.

1. The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima
    and
  2. BERNADETTE starring Sidney Penney

I also saw MASS APPEAL starring Jack Lemmon.
I thought the film was a not so subtle attack on Catholic faith and morals. But yes, the acting was excellent.

Jaypeeto3

Just saw Molokai: The Story of Fr. Damien. It was wonderful. I couldn’t find one thing wrong with it.
It was a very touching story, I almost cried at the end. I highly recomend it.

I really like the movie “Evelyn”. I liked that it showed the nuns in different light - there was a bad nun but there were good nuns too. That is a lesson that I want my kids to learn about every profession, nuns, priests, police, teachers, ect…

My son had just received his first confession and communion when we saw Evelyn and the part in the trial where she says “I hope she goes to confession soon” was great. My kids will pop that line out everyonce in a while just as the situation calls for it.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back