Feds say they thwarted militia plot to kidnap Governor Whitmer. Other state governments targeted too

• Thread starter Thread starter toabb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In others words, slightly more population than Puerto Rico, but more than Idaho, Montana and Wyoming combined.

My neighbors got electricity for the first time in the 70s as well. We only got city water hookups 5 years ago, before that I was still on well and had a septic tank for sewage.

When I went to visit over there, I remember hearing stories about the older relatives in the family not having had shoes during their childhood - a level of poverty it’s hard for me to imagine for a Western country.

Do we not get exclusive use of the economic zones by virtue of them being territories? Serious question because I have no idea.

Don’t worry: These would-be regulators are facing federal offenses. If the worst happens, Trump can pardon them!! That is, if the question comes up before January.

Last edited:
The best man should rule. It’s the end of democracy, we announce the return of primeval supremacy!

Last edited:
People who live there are citizens of the United States, right? Generally the liberal view is that citizens should be represented somehow in the democratic institutions that lead the country. I don’t think most people would approach it from the pragmatic standpoint you do - it would be enough that they are citizens.

They’re citizens of the federal government but only states are represented in congress and get electoral college votes.

Oops, I replied to the wrong message. That was meant to be in response to the VI, Hawaii, and PR should go independent (this message). Not something I would encourage, since there would be loss of certain claims that go along with that.

But no, it doesn’t matter if it is a territory or a state for that. The USA maintains a claim on a few islands with a population of zero for maintaining certain rights too.

Yesterday, at a rally, Trump and rally goers chanted “lock her up”.

That’s inexcusable.

Really.

“It’s incredibly disturbing that the president of the United States, 10 days after a plot to kidnap, put me on trial and execute me — 10 days after that was uncovered — the president is at it again and inspiring and incentivizing and inciting this kind of domestic terrorism,” she said on NBC’s Meet the Press .

During his rally in Muskegon, Mich., on Saturday, Trump blamed Whitmer for imposing what he sees as too severe restrictions on the state during the coronavirus pandemic. That led to a chorus of “lock her up!” chants. And instead of condemning the chants, Trump seemed to egg on his supporters, smiling and saying, “You got to get your governor to open up your state,” and “Lock them all up.”

Last edited:
Nor would I want to excuse it. Time to start holding Democrats accountable.

The supposed threat is looking more and more to be an entrapment case by the FBI. The lawyers for the defendants are particularly competent. Follow the case for a while. It will either blow up in Whitmer’s face or magically disappear from the public view. Stay tuned.

His perversion of the political process? The courts have ruled against Whitmer but she is ignoring their decision. How is that not perversion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back