First case of Ebola in the US

  • Thread starter Thread starter chero23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, but your above linked information doesn’t count because a)it’s actually factual and b)doesn’t blame Obama. Please restate your comment so that it results in this being the fault of Obama because he lets illegals into the country. No need to provide actual evidence, just the occasional “well we all know” and “its common knowledge” type statements. Thank you and remember it’s really all Obama’s fault.👍
I agree. I am so tired of threads wandering off the important stuff. (sigh). . . . .

It’s absolutely imperative that we include such threats and questionable characters as. . . . . um. . . . Al Sharpton in threads!
 
Hmmn? I wonder if Caucasians will be blamed for Ebola too? :rolleyes: Now, it seems we are hearing this person came from Africa heightening the possibility he/she is non-white. Let’s pray that this person and the others on that plane are treated and okay.
 
I’m sorry, but your above linked information doesn’t count because a)it’s actually factual and b)doesn’t blame Obama. Please restate your comment so that it results in this being the fault of Obama because he lets illegals into the country. No need to provide actual evidence, just the occasional “well we all know” and “its common knowledge” type statements. Thank you and remember it’s really all Obama’s fault.👍
Oh sure, let’s place this in this thread, 3 times voted against the rights of babies surviving abortion the right to life, addresses Planned Parenthood, tries to force Catholic institutions like Little Sisters of the Poor to pay for abortifacients. Nothing to see here folks, move along.👍
 
Oh sure, let’s place this in this thread, 3 times voted against the rights of babies surviving abortion the right to life, addresses Planned Parenthood, tries to force Catholic institutions like Little Sisters of the Poor to pay for abortifacients. Nothing to see here folks, move along.👍
I was wondering when abortion would show up.
 
I was wondering when abortion would show up.
It seems fair game if a post seems to single out those who would blame it on Obama.

Aren’t you fair or is that one okay but mine doesn’t meet your approval?
 
It seems fair game if a post seems to single out those who would blame it on Obama.

Aren’t you fair or is that one okay but mine doesn’t meet your approval?
Yeah, shame on us decrying people trying to derail this thread about Ebola with other topics or for trying to blame this on Obama before we know, you know, anything at all about a)the person with Ebola and b)the screening process used. I mean it’s not like the second post in this thread about Ebola- “Sickening. Isn’t it about time that Congress reigned in this destructive man in the WH? 36,007 ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS were released from prison into American towns by Obama in 2013 alone! Virtually no one is being turned away from America’s borders today. This is madness. Only someone intent on ruining our civilization would allow this to happen! Rob” didn’t mention anything at all about, you know, the actual topic of this thread and instead was nothing more than partisan political rhetoric thrown together to create an updated version of “It’s all Bush’s fault.” Yeah, shame on us. :rolleyes:
 
First, I agree we shouldn’t panic because health care is quite different here than in West Africa. But I agree with the posters who are raising alarms about screening and possibly quarantining for a time people on flights from the affected region. Some countries have even gone as far as banning flights from West Africa(Ghana and Kenya)
And I agree with the poster’s point that this man, who did first go to the hospital with symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics, was in contact with possibly many other people. Yes I know it is only transmitted by bodily fluids, but he could have sneezed and then touched a door handle.
Also, do we know whether this man is a U.S. citizen or not? we have not been given the information whether he was a citizen who has traveled to that country and back, or whether he was a citizen of Liberia who is visiting the States.
It’s not xenophobic to expect our government to protect us from DEADLY diseases from foreign countries making their way over here, while still offering these countries our medical help.
I think this administration is too caught up in political correctness at the expense of the protection U.S. citizens.
 
Three Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedics and several emergency room workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital are off work and under observation after making contact with the patient now being treated for Ebola.
youtube.com/watch?v=JcdfhTtGGXU

…thinking that most healthcare workers around the world are more alert today. We live in a global community with international travelers everywhere. All hubs that send or host global travelers are most vulnerable.

It seems, long gone are the days of medical inspections and quarantines on Ellis Island.

The matter of detecting, confining and treating per case is the approach.

We shall see.
 
We all agree with that, but we want to stop the insanity of this in the USA. We want to depend on the prevention part not the be not afraid part. Why are we expecting panic anyway? I don’t see where anyone has. We were on HOPE with Obama and Ebola, in Sept according to Obama it would never reach the USA. If he can’t keep nuts out of the White House how do we expect him to protect us when he can’t protect himself? Fact is you can’t. 🤷
 
First, I agree we shouldn’t panic because health care is quite different here than in West Africa. But I agree with the posters who are raising alarms about screening and possibly quarantining for a time people on flights from the affected region. Some countries have even gone as far as banning flights from West Africa(Ghana and Kenya)
And I agree with the poster’s point that this man, who did first go to the hospital with symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics, was in contact with possibly many other people. Yes I know it is only transmitted by bodily fluids, but he could have sneezed and then touched a door handle.
Also, do we know whether this man is a U.S. citizen or not? we have not been given the information whether he was a citizen who has traveled to that country and back, or whether he was a citizen of Liberia who is visiting the States.
It’s not xenophobic to expect our government to protect us from DEADLY diseases from foreign countries making their way over here, while still offering these countries our medical help.
I think this administration is too caught up in political correctness at the expense of the protection U.S. citizens.
👍
 
youtube.com/watch?v=JcdfhTtGGXU

…thinking that most healthcare workers around the world are more alert today. We live in a global community with international travelers everywhere. All hubs that send or host global travelers are most vulnerable.

It seems, long gone are the days of medical inspections and quarantines on Ellis Island.

The matter of detecting, confining and treating per case is the approach.

We shall see.
How exactly are today’s medical screening processes inferior to those used on Ellis Island. I’m asking because what I know of the process used at Ellis Island was- everyone in a line, the doctor does a non-evasive medical evaluation of a person in under 5-10 minutes, writes a couple letters on their clothes with a piece of chalk, goes on to the next person with the person who might have gotten written on free to wipe the chalk off while going to the next station. The only way I can see today’s process being inferior is if there isn’t a process at all.
 
Ebola patient was in contact with school children.
DALLAS (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry says a handful of school-aged children who had contact with a man diagnosed with Ebola are being monitored.
Perry says health officials learned Wednesday that the children have been identified as having contact with the man and are being monitored at home. The unidentified man has been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas since Sunday.
… Authorities say the ambulance crew who transported the man and members of his family are among the 12 to 18 people being monitored after exposure to the man.
I would also think that when he came into the hospital the first time he was probably sweating with a fever and used a pen to fill out paperwork and had to sit in a crowded waiting room. Even if there were few people in the waiting room at the time, how many other people came along and sat in the same chair? I think when people hear “transmitted by bodily fluids” they think of HIV and figure as long as they aren’t sharing needles or having sex with someone, they won’t get it, but we do know this can be transmitted far easier than HIV. The fact that the virus can survive in clothing or fabric long enough to spread by contact is something we should all be aware of.

Again, there is no reason why anyone arriving here from infected regions should not have to undergo quarantine.
 
How exactly are today’s medical screening processes inferior to those used on Ellis Island. I’m asking because what I know of the process used at Ellis Island was- everyone in a line, the doctor does a non-evasive medical evaluation of a person in under 5-10 minutes, writes a couple letters on their clothes with a piece of chalk, goes on to the next person with the person who might have gotten written on free to wipe the chalk off while going to the next station. The only way I can see today’s process being inferior is if there isn’t a process at all.
Prevention and treatment I would suggest is as good as anywhere here if not better, still mistakes are made. That said the issue is transportation which it would seem we have been more security minded with terrorists and not so much medical.
 
Ebola patient was in contact with school children.

I would also think that when he came into the hospital the first time he was probably sweating with a fever and used a pen to fill out paperwork and had to sit in a crowded waiting room. Even if there were few people in the waiting room at the time, how many other people came along and sat in the same chair? I think when people hear “transmitted by bodily fluids” they think of HIV and figure as long as they aren’t sharing needles or having sex with someone, they won’t get it, but we do know this can be transmitted far easier than HIV. The fact that the virus can survive in clothing or fabric long enough to spread by contact is something we should all be aware of.

Again, there is no reason why anyone arriving here from infected regions should not have to undergo quarantine.
I work at a Hospital in Dallas, trust me those pens are being used all over. In WFAA, their saying that the patient arrived to the ER vomiting. He came across people, then those people came across other people, its just a bad trend.
 
Hmmn? I wonder if Caucasians will be blamed for Ebola too? :rolleyes: Now, it seems we are hearing this person came from Africa heightening the possibility he/she is non-white. Let’s pray that this person and the others on that plane are treated and okay.
I don’t think white people are being blamed. I think not much has been done by the World Powers to contol this. This is not the 6th century where not much communication nor traveling was being done. Now a days people travel and the risk of sicknesses like this to spread are very high.
 
Ebola patient was in contact with school children.

I would also think that when he came into the hospital the first time he was probably sweating with a fever and used a pen to fill out paperwork and had to sit in a crowded waiting room. Even if there were few people in the waiting room at the time, how many other people came along and sat in the same chair? I think when people hear “transmitted by bodily fluids” they think of HIV and figure as long as they aren’t sharing needles or having sex with someone, they won’t get it, but we do know this can be transmitted far easier than HIV. The fact that the virus can survive in clothing or fabric long enough to spread by contact is something we should all be aware of.

Again, there is no reason why anyone arriving here from infected regions should not have to undergo quarantine.
I agree. Now a possible second case and the patient had contact with school age children! The hospital never should have sent the patient home the first time knowing the travel history. I thought the hospitals were prepared. Obviously not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top