Florida's new wild west gun law

• Thread starter Thread starter FightingFat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
jlw said:
Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners

How do you tell the difference between Liberals, Conservatives andSoutherners? Pose the following question:You’re walking down a deserted street with your wife and two smallchildren. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes aroundthe corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, andcharges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. Youhave mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.What do you do?

**Liberal Answer:**Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question! Does the manlook poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that wouldinspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? Whatabout the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock theknife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Doesthe Glock have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying aloaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society andto my children? Is it possible he’d be happy with killing just me? Doeshe definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while hewas stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? Weneed to raise taxes, and have a paint and weed day, and make this ahappier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior, This isall so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few daysand try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:
Bang!

**Southerner’s Answer:**BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Rackety-click? (Sounds of reloading)
Wife: “Hun, he looks like he’s still moving, whadda y’all kids think?”
Son: “Mama’s right Daddy, I saw it, too.”
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.
Daughter: “Nice group, Daddy Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?”

That conservative really ought to have shot twice. 😉

40.png
Matt25:
A lethal blow is not the normal description of a gunshot wound. Individuals can defend themselves by blows.
No, it describes ANY action that leads to the death of another. I can deal you a lethal blow with a nuke, grenade, steak knife, frying pan, frozen herring, my truck, a sledgehammer, an axe, a broadsword, by tying you down and playing Skinhead O’Connor records, or by pulling a trigger. “Lethal blow” does not limit the actual method of defense or the tools used in said defense.

jlw said:
Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners

How do you tell the difference between Liberals, Conservatives andSoutherners? Pose the following question:You’re walking down a deserted street with your wife and two smallchildren. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes aroundthe corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, andcharges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. Youhave mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.What do you do?

**Liberal Answer:**Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question! Does the manlook poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that wouldinspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? Whatabout the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock theknife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Doesthe Glock have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying aloaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society andto my children? Is it possible he’d be happy with killing just me? Doeshe definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while hewas stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? Weneed to raise taxes, and have a paint and weed day, and make this ahappier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior, This isall so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few daysand try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:
Bang!

**Southerner’s Answer:**BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Rackety-click? (Sounds of reloading)
Wife: “Hun, he looks like he’s still moving, whadda y’all kids think?”
Son: “Mama’s right Daddy, I saw it, too.”
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.
Daughter: “Nice group, Daddy Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?”

:rotfl:
Oh my goodness that’s just too funny! However my dh the Texan, says a true southerner would NOT be carrying a Glock .40.

Oh my goodness that’s just too funny! However my dh the Texan, says a true southerner would NOT be carrying a Glock .40.
[/quote]

Hey! I carry a Glock .40! 😃

I believe the pope had a bunch of Swiss Guards. Did you know they were trained in fencing, martial arts, and especially gun use. Several types of guns at that?
Did you know that St. Thomas Aquinas informed the king that it would be in the best interest of all of Christiandom to head off for the Muslim territories and fight for Christianity?
We cannot let a displaced sense of compassion rule our thoughts and actions. It is contrary to our very beliefs. Know why you are Catholic and be a soldier of Christ through love and defense. The two go hand in hand.
Love your enemy. Defend your family because you love God. Don’t go looking for trouble.

40.png
Isidore_AK:
Seconded! Glocks? Bah! Plastic junk…give me a 1911. The only 40 I want is 40oz of steel!
Berettas here ( 96 and 9000s)

(and a .22 Ruger for plinking)

I have rotator cuff surgury coming up and don’t know that I will be able to handle my USFA’s Rodeo .45 sixgun (a Colt replica) for a while, any suggestions?

40.png
Lance:
I have rotator cuff surgury coming up and don’t know that I will be able to handle my USFA’s Rodeo .45 sixgun (a Colt replica) for a while, any suggestions?
Bah! You Americans have all the luck!

40.png
Lance:
For walking or crawling varmints?

I wouldn’t recommend anything less than a.357 mag on walking ones. Just keep a nice little 20 pump w/ some #4 buckshot handy for them. (Most carnage per square inch, and virtually no kick. 👍 )

40.png
Lance:
Yeah, throw it away.

40.png
FightingFat:
Yeah, throw it away.
Why? I enjoy going to the firing range and it also gives me a degree of security. You may not want to own or carry a gun(and I respect your feelings) but I do and in the US I have the right to do so.

40.png
FightingFat:
Yeah, throw it away.
Good one FF,

You don’t want Lance to be armed, but for some reason, you’d prefer that his dustman be armed instead.

40.png
Lance:
Hey Lance, I have a Cimarron Model P with a 4 1/5" barrel, blued finish in .45 Colt. I love the old single action wheelguns.

40.png
Brendan:
Good one FF,

You don’t want Lance to be armed, but for some reason, you’d prefer that his dustman be armed instead.

The way Lance talks- it would be safer!
👍
I reckon he’d shoot me given half a chance!!!
😛

40.png
Isidore_AK:
Seconded! Glocks? Bah! Plastic junk…give me a 1911. The only 40 I want is 40oz of steel!
Plastic junk? I think not. Good luck trying to break it. Hopefully this year I’ll be adding a Kimber Custom .45 to my little “arsenal.” 😃

40.png
FightingFat:
👍
😛
Now FF, what gave you that idea.

The only thing I’ve seen Lance support is defense against violent assault, or threat thereof.

Am I to infer from your statement that, given half a chance, you’d violently assault him? :rolleyes:

40.png
FightingFat:
👍
😛
I say what I think and don’t back down, but I would never even think of shooting anyone because of their beliefs. If confronted by a bad guy I would make every effort to either walk away or allow him to do so but I would not hesitate to defend myself if I had to. I do disagree with much of what you post but you have as much right to your thoughts as I do mine, so rest assured that unless you were a physical threat to me or my family I would not shoot you. I would even defend you if you were threatened.

40.png
Lance:
I say what I think and don’t back down, but I would never even think of shooting anyone because of their beliefs. If confronted by a bad guy I would make every effort to either walk away or allow him to do so but I would not hesitate to defend myself if I had to. I do disagree with much of what you post but you have as much right to your thoughts as I do mine, so rest assured that unless you were a physical threat to me or my family I would not shoot you. I would even defend you if you were threatened.
Thanks Lance, that’s good to know! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back