My point is that you all take the word of someone else and then listen to no reason. That’s exactly what anti-Catholics do. The other posts have just continued to prove that point.
On here, everyday, I see Catholics telling anti-Catholics to do the research, approach things with an open mind. Research it and make your own decision. Yet, a large number of these same posters refuse to do the same.
Do I take it lightly, yep! There are worse evils in the world than some old men doing charity work.
Think about it this way -
At some point in the Church’s history, some bad men did evil things in an otherwise holy organization. Is it at least possible the Freemasons had some bad men do evil in an otherwise good organization? I’m not saying it’s holy, but those little old dudes DO actually do a lot of charity work.
A Catholic shouldn’t belong to the Masons because the Church says so. However, it doesn’t mean that Catholics have to be so hateful about something they don’t understand.
A little background on me - my entire family belongs to the Masonic lodge (myself excluded, I left before converting to Catholicism because I didn’t enjoy socializing with little, old ladies). I know a thing or two about the lodge. If you want a civil conversation about it, I’m here. I won’t, however, get into a “I’m right and since you’re Catholic you should just agree” debate.
As I told another poster yesterday, this entire thing reeks of ignorance on both sides (the Church and the lodge).