Gay's OK (In Illinois)

• Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Jeffrey:
No problem Mr. Pot. Bible says we are to rebuke sinners. Thats what I’m doing.
But you are a sinner as well. Even the rightous fall 7 times a day. So your going to rebuke yourself?

40.png
rlg94086:
Correct. 80% of the cases were teenage boys. The correct term is *ephebophilia. *I don’t know of the data, but it is quite different from pedophilia.
I thought it was paediophilia. There was a well known dutch Senetor who was a prolific writer trying to defend his lifestyle of paediophilia.

40.png
Matt25:
I don’t believe that there is any evidence to show that homosexual men are more inclined to paedophile behaviour than heterosexual ones. It may be more widely reported but then abuse by Catholic priests is more widely reported than that by other authority figures. Reporting of crime is not an accurate guide to the actual frequency of crime.
I believe that there is plenty of evidence to show that a man’s “sex” drive is second only to his drive for “recognition”.

I don’t want my son in the same “locker room” as an authorative figure who is attracted to his same gender at any age, and therefore could possibly be attracted to him.

The same would go for a daughter if i had one.
To me it is just as wrong as a male teacher going into the girls locker room, and It is just an invitation to disaster.

Peace of the Lord be with you!

40.png
TheGarg:
I believe that there is plenty of evidence to show that a man’s “sex” drive is second only to his drive for “recognition”.

I don’t want my son in the same “locker room” as an authorative figure who is attracted to his same gender at any age, and therefore could possibly be attracted to him.

The same would go for a daughter if i had one.
To me it is just as wrong as a male teacher going into the girls locker room, and It is just an invitation to disaster.

Peace of the Lord be with you!
I never looked at like that, you make a great point.

40.png
Jeffrey:
That its NOT ok to be a homo. I suggest you get some counseling, or better yet…actually read the Bible.
Actually I have read the Bible. I don’t recall any part of the Gospel where Our Lord used words like whore, thief or pervert to describe the “public sinners” he ministered to. He reserved his sternest words for the outwardly religious types of his day who felt that the highest calling of God was to condemn others rather than serve them.

That being so is the word “homo” a loving and charitable way to refer to homosexual persons?

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Katherine,

I listened to an Illinois represenative this morning, one signed the bill, and she said there is NO exemption for Churches and that she feels there should not be an exemption for Churches. It was also reported in the newspaper that there is no Church exemption.
I’ve read the text of the bill and the underlying legislation. Those reports are incorrect.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Katherine,

I agree that gays should not be discriminated against regarding housing and employment–with the exception that Churches should be able to hire people who follow the teachings of their faith.

Do you feel that Catholic Churches should be forced to hire gays or lesbians?
No. I agree with you and that is why I support the new law.

40.png
StJeanneDArc:
Let’s see…say I own a men’s haberdashery with a help wanted sign in the window. I need to hire a salesman to wait on the customers who come in. A young man comes in who is very effiminate in manner and during the course of the interview he informs me that he would be an excellent salesman because he just loves to fit men in their suits. In fact, he does all the shopping for his “life partner” and has a good eye for what looks good on men. My customers are primarily middle-aged married men who would likely be very uncomfortable dealing with such a man. I decline to hire him. Now I can be sued for illegal discrimination? Is that your idea of justice?
Under the Illinois law you could not be sued.

40.png
Matt25:
Actually I have read the Bible. I don’t recall any part of the Gospel where Our Lord used words like whore, thief or pervert to describe the “public sinners” he ministered to. He reserved his sternest words for the outwardly religious types of his day who felt that the highest calling of God was to condemn others rather than serve them.

That being so is the word “homo” a loving and charitable way to refer to homosexual persons?
Ouch!!! or as we say in this country “A hit my friend, a veritable hit”

Have you noticed, at least 3 posts on and NOBODY has answered you yet. I wonder why?

I don’t know anything about Illinois Labor Laws, I just know I need to move. Our Governor is bad news, and now we have Durbin, and Obama as our Fed Senators, and our State legislature is obviously on a far left platform. No one here represents ME! It is very disturbing.
In other business, the Senate voted to carve up Lake, Kane, McHenry, Will and four other Republican-leaning northern Illinois counties into judicial districts meant to elect more minorities to the bench. That bill, which Republicans castigated as a power grab by Democrats, now moves to the House.
And this just shows I will have even LESS of a chance of any representation!!!

It’s hard to be BLUE when you want to migrate to RED!

Katherine,

I have heard and read in several places/sources that the legislation does NOT exempt Churches. If that is mistaken information, please post a link or a document so I can read it for myself.

40.png
Norwich:
Ouch!!! or as we say in this country “A hit my friend, a veritable hit”

Have you noticed, at least 3 posts on and NOBODY has answered you yet. I wonder why?
Here’s an answer.

It is one thing to be charitable to homosexuals, to everyone, it is entirely an opposite and evil thing to support or endorse those actively pursuing sinful behaviour. In fact, condemning homosexual activity is a charitable act if done sincerely and with the intent of helping somone who approves of sin to understand that they are turning from God and love.

There is no need for laws for the person struggling with SSAD. These laws are coming onto the books to legitimize a lifestyle that directly leads to selfishness and a loss of chrarity by turning sexuality into a self interested experience, not procreative and unitive.

These laws are telling the nation’s citizens to approve of sin and to silence any dissaproval.

40.png
MichaelTDoyle:
Here’s an answer.

It is one thing to be charitable to homosexuals, to everyone, it is entirely an opposite and evil thing to support or endorse those actively pursuing sinful behaviour. In fact, condemning homosexual activity is a charitable act if done sincerely and with the intent of helping somone who approves of sin to understand that they are turning from God and love.

There is no need for laws for the person struggling with SSAD. These laws are coming onto the books to legitimize a lifestyle that directly leads to selfishness and a loss of chrarity by turning sexuality into a self interested experience, not procreative and unitive.

These laws are telling the nation’s citizens to approve of sin and to silence any dissaproval.
No, actually the comment was about the use of the expression “HOMO”. A derogatory euphamism used as an insult for non-heterosexuals. And to date niether you,or anyone else yet has defended that.

norwich,

Why is “homo” considered poor taste? If someone called me a “hetero,” that would not make me upset in the least–it is an accurate term. Why do we so often get all tied-up in the use of words?

Perhaps the words sodomite or sodomist are more accurate?

The world is sickening in it’s acceptence of perversion. We do not help those with SSAD who publicly want to tear down the culture by coddling them and pretending every single word is caustic or sinful.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
norwich,

Why is “homo” considered poor taste? If someone called me a “hetero,” that would not make me upset in the least–it is an accurate term. Why do we so often get all tied-up in the use of words?
OK honky.

Norwich,

See–first, you don’t know me at all to say “honky” to me, second it makes no difference what you call me…it is all silly; third, honky is also not a bad word.

Now, can you actually attempt to explain…

fix,

Yes, I agree-but it would be a sign of insecurity to get upset if a gay person called me homophobic–that stuff makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back