Gay's OK (In Illinois)

• Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
TPJCatholic:
fix,

Yes, I agree-but it would be a sign of insecurity to get upset if a gay person called me homophobic–that stuff makes me laugh.
It is not about being upset. I was pointing out hypocrisy.

40.png
katherine2:
Under the Illinois law you could not be sued.
OK, why not? I’ve just discriminated against a man simply because of his “sexual orientation”. Who does the law protect and how?

Here you go.
775 ILCS 5/Art. 2 heading)
ARTICLE 2. EMPLOYMENT

(775 ILCS 5/2‑101) (from Ch. 68, par. 2‑101)
Sec. 2‑101. Definitions. The following definitions are applicable strictly in thecontext of this Article.
(B) Employer.
(1) “Employer” includes:
(a) Any person employing 15 or more employees within Illinois during 20 or more calendar weeks within the calendar year of or preceding the alleged violation;
Code:
     (2) "Employer" does not include any religious corporation, association, educational institution, society, or non‑profit nursing institution

fix,

I know you were pointing out hypocrisy…I was merely trying to illuminate the fact that we all tend to get too worked-up about words. We live in a spin world, pro-abortion people call themselves pro-choice, homosexuals call themselves gay…non-practicing Catholics call themselves “progressive,” etc…it is all done to place a “spin” on the truth.

Peoiple who advocate or support the killing of babies through abortion do not want to be called abortionists or pro-abortion because that reminds people of what they have done…they prefer the term “pro-choice” because that puts a softer and more socially acceptable sin on the horrible act they have engaged in.

Homosexuals don’t want to be called “homo,” because it reminds people of their disorder. They want to be called “gay” because that word reflects on them postiviely (or so they think).

People who claim to be Catholic, yet never really practice their faith like the term “progressive” because that term gives them a high-brow feeling of themselves–giving them personal permission to continue to NOT live the faith.

so-on and so-on

Katherine,

See what I mean? You just “spun” the word conservative to mean what you want.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
fix,

I know you were pointing out hypocrisy…I was merely trying to illuminate the fact that we all tend to get too worked-up about words. We live in a spin world, pro-abortion people call themselves pro-choice, homosexuals call themselves gay…non-practicing Catholics call themselves “progressive,” etc…it is all done to place a “spin” on the truth.

Peoiple who advocate or support the killing of babies through abortion do not want to be called abortionists or pro-abortion because that reminds people of what they have done…they prefer the term “pro-choice” because that puts a softer and more socially acceptable sin on the horrible act they have engaged in.

Homosexuals don’t want to be called “homo,” because it reminds people of their disorder. They want to be called “gay” because that word reflects on them postiviely (or so they think).

People who claim to be Catholic, yet never really practice their faith like the term “progressive” because that term gives them a high-brow feeling of themselves–giving them personal permission to continue to NOT live the faith.

so-on and so-on
I agree. You made good points. Liberals who say thet are not heterodox.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Katherine,

See what I mean? You just “spun” the word conservative to mean what you want.
sweetheart, just like you “spin” (lie would be a better word) that progressive means people who do not go to Mass (I wonder what that place I was at this morning is?)

😛

Katherine,

So, where exactly is that link to the illinois bill?

You think of yourself as a progressive–right? Okay, so do you accept every single teaching of the faith? Do you attend Mass every Sunday, all Holy Days? Do you go to confession at a minimum of once a year? Are you completely loyal to the Magisterium and the Pope? Do you fell that women should be ordained, and if yes, do you advance that feeling? Do you support abortion rights on any level (perhaps an exception for health of the mother)? Do you support any gays rights (other then anti-discrimnation laws)?

Btw, how did I lie?

I resent the claim that progressives like me don’t practice our faith.

Katherine,

I have asked for a link three times, do you have a link, or do I need to find the bill on my own?

If you adhere to all of the things that I stated in the previous message, then I do not know why you would call yourself progressive. On the other hand, if there are teachings of the faith that you do not follow, then that would explain why you would call yourself progressive.

You see, the Roman Catholic faith is NOT progressive at all…it is simply the full truth and we as Catholics are expected to accept and follow every bit of it.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
If you adhere to all of the things that I stated in the previous message, then I do not know why you would call yourself progressive. On the other hand, if there are teachings of the faith that you do not follow, then that would explain why you would call yourself progressive. .
😛

I think you are an unpleasant and insulting person.

The code citations are in the post. Look it up yourself.

OK, OK, I will not call them homo’s any more. I will call them what they are–perverts. That make you feel better?

40.png
Lance:
OK, OK, I will not call them homo’s any more. I will call them what they are–perverts. That make you feel better?
pervert is a nice term. At least as nice as hussy is for a mother who names her son for a weapon of war rather than a Catholic saint.

40.png
katherine2:
pervert is a nice term. At least as nice as hussy is for a mother who names her son for a weapon of war rather than a Catholic saint.
My mother was not a Catholic, I am a convert. So leave her out of this. I could call you a two bit slut but that would probably insult you, just as I am insulted by your slander of my mother.

40.png
katherine2:
Katie,

If you had half as much compassion for orthodox, stalwart Catholics as you do for public, unrepentent grave sinners who try to lead others off the road to salvation, I would take you more seriously.

katherine2 said:
:mad: I’m ready to rumble. You tell me the time and I’ll pick the place.

Nice retort. I would have expected at least an “I’m sorry for insulting your mother” but I can see that is asking too much from someone of your character. I will just add you to my ignore list, please return the favor and add me to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back