Great Bush Speech

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah reat speech…how wonderful it is the Bush is talking about a war that he never had a right to start…NO ok by Congress or the U.N.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!
 
40.png
Karin:
Oh yeah reat speech…how wonderful it is the Bush is talking about a war that he never had a right to start…NO ok by Congress or the U.N.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!
Your incorrect.

The UN authorized it in the last resolution they passed. Although, we are not bound by waiting for the UN to rule.

Congress authorized it (by an overwelming majority by the way) Which we are bound by. Read the law that Congress passed:
Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
 
LOL!
In October 2002, Congress passed House Joint Resolution 114, which gave Bush limited authority relating to Iraq. This has been described as legal justification for invading Iraq but that is not the case. Here is a complete text of the bill. Section 3(a) states:

(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to–

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.

This would seem to give him unlimited authority to launch an unprovoked attack. But HJR114 also states in Section 3(c)(2) that:

Nothing in this joint resolution supersedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

This means Bush cannot ignore the War Powers Resolution of 1973 when determining what is “necessary and appropriate”. So what does the War Powers Resolution say about this?

Section 9(d)(1) states:

(d) Nothing in this joint resolution–

(1) is intended to alter the constitutional authority of the Congress or of the President, or the provision of existing treaties; or

So what existing treaties address the issue of attacking other nations? Two immediately come to mind: the UN Charter and the Nuremberg Charter.

The Nuremberg Charter says that it is a crime to plan a war of aggression. Many people believe that Bush is the agressor in this situation. Iraq has made no threats or attacks against the United States. They have simply built weapons to defend themselves from attack. They are also cooperating, albeit begrudgingly, with the United Nations. Bush, on the other hand, has surrounded Iraq with a huge military force and has threatened to destroy Saddam Hussein and much of Iraq in the process. Bush has also labelled the UN as irrelevant.

The UN Charter states that “All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means…”. War can be used but only as a last resort and only under the direction of the UN Security Council.

Also Bush and his team consistently Lied to Congress & the American people about the rationale for war. Bush convinced a majority of Americans that Iraq was involved with Al-Qaeda and responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Yet the evidence says that the only relationship is that Al-Qaeda asked Iraq for support and they were rebuffed. Bush said in his State of the Union Address that Iraq was buying Uranium from Nigeria to build nuclear weapons despite having already been told by the CIA that the evidence was forged. Bush claimed to have hard evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But the UN investigators could not verify any of these claims and searches of Iraq revealed no such weapons. The real reason may have more to do with the fact that Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world, and sits strategically in the center of the Middle East.
 
If your going to copy and paste from a website, credit the site. Otherwise it is plagerism (stealing)

The site you copied from is:
impeachbush.tv/args/noiraqauthority.html

And it really has nothing to do with the speech he gave. You are simply trying to steal this thread (turn it into your own subject).

If you want to start your own subject, start your own thread.

Stealing is not something a Catholic should do.
 
Anyway, to get back on topic. **Gateway Pundit **has a clip of President Bush speaking to the Naval Academy commencement that is especially great to hear on Memorial Day weekend. I would recommend it for those who support our military.
 
40.png
gilliam:
I edited what I replied to you. read the rest.
In regards to the edited post…I read it. Not trying to “steal” your thread as you put it. I am just commenting about what you posted.
And you stated “stealing is not somehting a catholic should do”…well dear I am not catholic but I feel that anybody no matter what faith shouldn’t steal.
Sorry that you felt that is what I was doing… I thought this was a forum to learn and make comments. I guess I was mistaken. By the way I do support the military (my tax dollars at work) I just dont agree with the war and our military dropping dead left and right for a worthless cause!
Peace!
 
40.png
Karin:
In regards to the edited post…I read it. Not trying to “steal” your thread as you put it. I am just commenting about what you posted.
And you stated “stealing is not somehting a catholic should do”…well dear I am not catholic but I feel that anybody no matter what faith shouldn’t steal.
Sorry that you felt that is what I was doing… I thought this was a forum to learn and make comments. I guess I was mistaken. By the way I do support the military (my tax dollars at work) I just dont agree with the war and our military dropping dead left and right for a worthless cause!
Peace!
Please don’t try to pepper your response with bating me into your topic not related to the global war on terror, the support of the Navy or the changing of the military to support the types of wars in the 21st century. Which were the topics of the speech, if you listen to it.

However, be my guest to start your own thread on any topic you wish here (as long as it relates to what is in the news, that is) 🙂
 
40.png
gilliam:
Please don’t try to pepper your response with bating me into your topic not related to the global war on terror, the support of the Navy or the changing of the military to support the types of wars in the 21st century. Which were the topics of the speech, if you listen to it.

However, be my guest to start your own thread on any topic you wish here (as long as it relates to what is in the news, that is) 🙂
Testy, Testy. Hmm…I thought I made a comment about the global war on terror …that is what you got PO.
TTYL!
 
40.png
Karin:
Testy, Testy. Hmm…I thought I made a comment about the global war on terror …that is what you got PO.
TTYL!
So your against the fight in Afghanistan too? :confused: What do you propose we do? Start another thread and tell me what you propose we do in the global war on terror.
 
40.png
gilliam:
So your against the fight in Afghanistan too? :confused: What do you propose we do? Start another thread and tell me what you propose we do in the global war on terror.
gilliam- I am against any war that is based on a lie that is told to the citizens of any country by its leaders :bigyikes: . As to the war on terror…perhaps if the US did not interfeer in other countries politics, people would not hate americans 😦 & kill them. Is there not enough in this country to keep the leaders busy?? Social Security reform, welfare, taxes, poverty, crime, drugs etc.
Anyway here is something to for your military and the people that support them: TTYL!
MEMORIAL DAY PRAYER

By Rev. Dick Kozelka (ret)
First Congregational Church of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN.


Eternal God,
Creator of years, of centuries,
Lord of whatever is beyond time,
Maker of all species and master of all history –
How shall we speak to you
from our smallness and inconsequence?
Except that you have called us to worship you
in spirit and in truth;
You have dignified us with loves and loyalties;
You have lifted us up with your lovingkindnesses.
Therefore we are bold to come before you without groveling
though we sometimes feel that low]
and without fear
though we are often anxious].
We sing with spirit and pray with courage
because you have dignified us;
You have redeemed us from the aimlessness
of things’ going meaninglessly well.
God, lift the hearts of those
for whom this holiday is not just diversion,
but painful memory and continued deprivation.
Bless those whose dear ones have died
needlessly, wastefully as it seems]
in accident or misadventure.
We remember with compassion those who have died
serving their countries
in the futility of combat.
There is none of us but must come to bereavement and separation,
when all the answers we are offered
fail the question death asks of each of us.
We believe that you will provide for us
as others have been provided with the fulfillment of
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
 
40.png
Karin:
gilliam- I am against any war that is based on a lie
Please start another thread. This topic is not about the speech. Your steeling this thread. I would be glad to discuss it with you on another thread.
 
40.png
gilliam:
Please start another thread. This topic is not about the speech. Your steeling this thread. I would be glad to discuss it with you on another thread.
I heard the speech while it was on TV news…very good 👍
 
Thank you gilliam, I am listening to it now. My nephew graduated in this class and I wanted to go but was unable to attend so I am very happy to hear the President’s speech. I am very proud of our military, and am partial to the Navy. Thanks again.
 
Thank you Gilliam…That was great.

karin posted…
I am against any war that is based on a lie
I agree , we need to end the longest war that has taken the most lives of American citizens in our short history as a country. Lets end abortion and the lies that some of our leaders have pushed on us the last 22 years.
 
40.png
solanus:
Thank you Gilliam…That was great.

karin posted…

I agree , we need to end the longest war that has taken the most lives of American citizens in our short history as a country. Lets end abortion and the lies that some of our leaders have pushed on us the last 22 years.
Lets see why have these lies been allowed to go on for so long???Because the American people voted for these people in Goverment…who is at fault??? The American people!!
 
40.png
Karin:
Lets see why have these lies been allowed to go on for so long???Because the American people voted for these people in Goverment…who is at fault??? The American people!!
What lies are you talking about? You have made this accusation - yet you offer no proof.
 
40.png
Karin:
Lets see why have these lies been allowed to go on for so long???Because the American people voted for these people in Goverment…who is at fault??? The American people!!
WRONG! The abortion problem was caused by activist judges. The American people do not get to vote on judges.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top