Hi all. I have had doubts and fears about certain things regarding the church for a long time. But these doubts are now seeming reasonable to me. I fear things aren’t what they appear. I fear the current state of the church and world in general. This is more of a statement than question.
Been there and done that…

…and still do pretty regularly…
Reason is a wonderful thing…and I have no doubt that things are NOT what they appear.
Yet when I feel burdened by such things, like the state of the Church and the condition of the world, I am comforted by Christ’s words and promises.
That Love is core…That all in the world is but transient (and that includes much of the, “current state of the Church”)…That what is real, and enduring is God’s Love, his peace, His desire that we ultimately be with Him.
I then look into my own state…am I living the life I am called to? Am I glorifying Him in what I say and do? Can others see, that which God is, (Love) in me?
When I see my own state, I recognize that I have my hands full just fulfilling what Christ has assigned to me…to be perfect (in Agape) as my heavenly Father is perfect (Mt 5:48).
While the above could be a source of discomfort (and it sometimes is) it is actually of great comfort in the long run for it gives me purpose and focus…not in despair, but in hope.
I hope this is of some comfort and use to you in your struggles.
Peace
James