Hear the shocking response from the JustinWelby after he was asked whether he supports buffer zones around abortion clinics

  • Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was verbally abused for 45 minutes by a woman who incited passers by to support her in her abuse. We had an image of our Lady and a poster with a telephone number on and a cartoon of a developing baby. The woman saw some school children approaching and wanted to incite them against us too. Other people took offence at the image of our Lady.

To me that speaks volumes.

I know we are doing the right thing.

I know what I will say when Jesus asks me what i did to defend his precious unborn children from being murdered

And no, before you ask, I have never used that word in converse with passers by. But it is what is happening
 
Last edited:
There seems to be a false sense in some Catholics today that they are above the law ie the theft of the figures in Rome and here, the entitlement to disrupt the public for a cause. We have to realise that if we don’t want to see the climate change extremists disrupt public life or white supremacists or any other radical extremism that does more to incite hate and division than to sew the seeds of love… we have to witness the way Christ did.
 
Last edited:
I believe the above point is referring to graphic images of aborted foetuses.
If you don’t like the reality of what you support don’t support it.
Referring to users of the Centre as “Mum”.
She is a mother. I don’t agree with the tactic but don’t think it should be illegal.
The handing out of rosary beads to users and passers-by;
I disagree with it but don’t see it as intimidating.
Pursuing users of the Centre with leaflets;
If the leaflets are for organizations that offer support, that seems like a good thing to me.

The others are wrong, but with regard to the photos I know that the pro aborts take photos of the pro lifers too.
 
If you don’t like the reality of what you support don’t support it.
The point was made from passers-by, in relation to their own children seeing it. The images have affected more than just the women they’re aimed at.
She is a mother. I don’t agree with the tactic but don’t think it should be illegal.
I don’t agree with it either. Especially in cases where a woman may have to ‘abort’ because her baby has died inside of her, I think it’s just cruel.
I disagree with it but don’t see it as intimidating.
I can see how it may be intimidating. I suppose it depends how the action is done.
If the leaflets are for organizations that offer support, that seems like a good thing to me.
I have read several times that the leaflets contain ‘scientific’ information full of fearmongering about how an abortion increases the risk of cancer and decreases fertility. I believe on some helplines to pro-life organisations can also be found.
The others are wrong, but with regard to the photos I know that the pro aborts take photos of the pro lifers too.
Taking photos or videos is wrong on both sides, I agree.
 
I don’t agree with it either. Especially in cases where a woman may have to ‘abort’ because her baby has died inside of her, I think it’s just cruel.
Thank you. My daughter was in this situation many years ago and the day her husband and I accompanied her to the clinic to obtain her “abortion”, she was scared to death that she would be confronted with protesters. Luckily, there were only two women praying who did not confront us in any way. It was a tragic heart rendering day.
 
So the only example you citied that could be labeled as violence (or possibly threatening) is taking pictures. This can be possibly lead to doxxing. I don’t see how holding signs, pictures, or passing out literature (are you against other types of protesters using these lets say someone protesting increasing tax or someone protesting closing a school).
 
I don’t agree with it either. Especially in cases where a woman may have to ‘abort’ because her baby has died inside of her,
I just thought, in all charity, I should say, if you know of a woman who suspects her baby has died while she is carrying the baby, please, please advise her to go to a hospital not an abortion clinic. There could be health issues with the mother also that need addressed and it would be best to have a good doctor confirm the death of the baby being carried.

God bless

:cry:
 
Last edited:
Thank you. My daughter was in this situation many years ago and the day her husband and I accompanied her to the clinic to obtain her “abortion”, she was scared to death that she would be confronted with protesters. Luckily, there were only two women praying who did not confront us in any way. It was a tragic heart rendering day.
I’m so sorry your daughter had to go through the loss of her baby, Patty. It’s so good she had you there to support her.
I just thought, in all charity, I should say, if you know of a woman who suspects her baby has died while she is carrying the baby, please, please advise her to go to a hospital not an abortion clinic. There could be health issues with the mother also that need addressed and it would be best to have a good doctor confirm the death of the baby being carried.

God bless
Of course, I completely agree. Sometimes after a woman has been to hospital, the only place they can go is to one of these clinics. And then to be faced with people calling you a murderer, being shown graphic images, people grabbing your arm, being called Mummy…it really doesn’t bear thinking about.
 
It was a financial decision for my daughter and the clinic could take her within the hour. Her doctor made the arrangements and the recommendation. She was with MDs and RNs throughout. The cost was $500 vs thousands at the hospital and she was without work at the time. Everyone was competent and the place was very clean. They were very compassionate. The hospital is only two blocks away from the clinic in case there were any complications.

Thank you for your sympathies. This was a very wanted child. Her son was 2 1/2 at the time. It was devastating news. She later had a baby girl so I have two grands from her and we all miss the third. She has never even told me the sex of the lost child and I won’t ask…she may tell me in time.
 
Of course, I completely agree. Sometimes after a woman has been to hospital, the only place they can go is to one of these clinics
So, not to disagree with you but, I work in the medical field and perhaps it does happen in some odd places but usually a hospital doesn’t send a woman to an abortion clinic if she comes in with the possibility of her baby having died. The doctors and nurses will care for the mother and baby completely, otherwise they could be looking at some definite problems from all the government agencies regulating the hospital and making sure that they give good medical care to both the mother and baby. They will also give the mother a chance to see her baby if the mother wishes. This will give her time to bond and grieve.
I certainly agree that it would be horribly traumatic if a hospital didn’t give adequate care to the mother and baby and rather sent them to an abortion clinic.
And then to be faced with people calling you a murderer, being shown graphic images, people grabbing your arm, being called Mummy…it really doesn’t bear thinking about.
I certainly agree that the graphic images are extremely hard to see and can be very disturbing.
I would say the best thing to do is stay as far away from those places as one can possibly do, unless working to saves lives and also remember that God is loving and merciful to all who turn to Him.
 
Last edited:
Thank you. My daughter was in this situation many years ago and the day her husband and I accompanied her to the clinic to obtain her “abortion”, she was scared to death that she would be confronted with protesters.
For such a procedure (baby has died), is this not available in a public hospital at no cost? What country are we talking about?
 
Last edited:
You can ban unruly behavior without banning free speech. Once you ban people from standing, praying or talking in front of abortion centers, there is no limit to how far the buffer zones can be extended, or for what purpose.

Do you really want a country where the government sets up a few free speech zones where it wants, and free speech is banned everywhere else?

Don’t think it will only be limited to abortion.
 
Last edited:
And so we should curtain free speech because it may be offensive to some? We should curtail people’s right to protest because some people do it in a way others don’t like? We should enact laws against prayer because others use it while being jerks?
 
The US of course. No, it would have cost her several thousand dollars without spending the night even. The cost of the surgical suite, recovery, anesthesiologists, doctor, yada yada.

If she had run into complications then she would have been transported to the hospital. As it was, she was back home in about four hours where we were able to morn our loss. Total bill was $500.00.
 
The replies to that tweet capture what many of the laity in the C ofE are thinking. Why they stay is a mystery to me. Why they financially support such an institution is also a mystery.
 
Last edited:
I know what I will say when Jesus asks me what i did to defend his precious unborn children from being murdered
In such a serious topic as abortion I think all the stops should be pulled. I do not agree that people should be threatened with hell and shouted at but they should face what they are about to do, always in a compassionate way. It is a life being lost and there are a number of testimonies from women saying that they did not get all the facts before their abortions. I can’t criticise people that stand outside clinics trying to make a difference and save lives, when I have not done that, especially when lives have been saved, even if just one. Save the stork for example has changed minds. The approach has to change, but never our presence.
 
I participate in prayer vigils on the sidewalk in front of the clinic. The groups refrain from interfering with anyone, people come in and leave without anyone yelling at them. We do have signs, with no graphic images or inflammatory reference.

One time a teenager came up to me and my partner, and asked “What door do you go in for abortion”?

We didn’t tell her, but told her we’d pray for her. She did figure out which is the door - it’s behind the building, where we can’t go, and went in.
We prayed for her for about 20 minutes, and she came out, said she had changed her mind about getting an abortion. We talked with her for awhile, gave her some information, and the number of diocesan prolife.

We later learned she called that number.

It’s all well and good to have food pantries, baby supplies, and concrete provisions for women who are pregnant or with young children, and I have worked directly in that area. But there is no substitute for a prayerful presence right in that spot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top