Do you think these adults woke up one day and decided to begin harming children?
do you have evidence that they were abusing anyone while a teenager? It isn’t in the john Jay report as best I know. and I am not speculating - which was what was being done.
Why do you assume I am presuming this? I didn’t say anything about this, so I’m not sure where that came from.
Your prior statement started “Chances are”. Other than your guessing, what is your evidence; or are you just speculating? and you are saying "o why were their parents not able to deal with it (which is apparently your speculation they were abusing someone as a teenager) and stop them from entering the seminary? Was it a time before the crisis?
You have speculated ("chances are’ ) and then you roll it out that somehow the parents are going to know their son is abusing others, and then with all this knowledge, you ask why the parents didn’t prevent the child from entering the seminary.
Please provide some evidence that the priest abusers were a) abusing as teenagers (given that they have SSA, they would have been abusing boys) with no evidence than it has been shown that any of the boys abused anyone else.
I know of no cases of reported abuse which identified an abusing priest of having abused anyone while that priest was a teenager, so I am asking why you are speculating they were abusing as a teenager.
Further, many of the reported allegations of abuse are from victims who were abused years to decades ago. some of the victims reported while they were children, but the reports were that the abuse was by an adult priest.
Do you have evidence of any studies which have shown that the abusing priests were abusers as teenagers? And do you have any reports that the parents knew of this? The cases would have been in juvenile court, with the possible exception of egregious cases where an abuser of 16 to 18 may have been tried as an adult. Source please?
I would suggest that there is neither evidence that any of the abusing priest abused other children when they were teenagers, and further, there was no knowledge on the part of any parents to cause the parents to try to stop the individual from entering the seminary.
There were parents who went to the bishops because their children were abused by a priest; but that is not what you alleged. My comment was that many of the priests who abused were ordained decades ago, a time where sexual abuse was little acknowledged. And the stories from victims years later have often been one that they shared with no one, including their parents.