M
mommamia
Guest
How much importance to you place on wearing your wedding ring? Neither dh or I usually wear ours, he works with his hands and it could get caught, I work in a lab with chemicals that could damage the gold and often serious bacteria I don’t want on the ring. Today at the girls school, one of the mothers (who I don’t really know) chewed me out for not wearing it
Said I was setting a bad example for the kids, and not respecting my marriage vows. (I can’t imagine what she would say if she found out I still use my maiden name)
I am totally confused, she made it sound like the Church says I must wear my ring, I have never heard that. And frankly, I know I am married as does most everyone I come into contact with. Dh also knows he is married and likes to tell everyone he meets about his family
Is there some Church teaching on the ring? I always thought it was symbolic. I am some kind of horrible wife and mother because I don’t like to wear a ring?
I am totally confused, she made it sound like the Church says I must wear my ring, I have never heard that. And frankly, I know I am married as does most everyone I come into contact with. Dh also knows he is married and likes to tell everyone he meets about his family