How often do you pray the rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Corpus_Cristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I prayed it more. I am trying to make the time, and I ask for your prayers that I become more faithful.

Thanks!

Never.

Not surprising though. I’m not Roman Catholic! 😃

~mango~

My philosophy…is that…if someone can watch a 30 minute sitcom on television…they certainly can take 20 mins to pray the rosary. That’s one way to look at it.

Plus, there is the following:

The Fifteen Promises from Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary:

(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
  1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
  2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
  3. The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will left them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
  6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
  7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
  8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
  10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
  11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
  12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessitites.
  13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
  14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
  15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.

40.png
agname:
The Fifteen Promises from Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary:

(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
  1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
  2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
  3. The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will left them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
  6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
  7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
  8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
  10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
  11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
  12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessitites.
  13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
  14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
  15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
While I can understand the appeal of promises like these, as post Apostolic revelation it has the nature of being “private” and not a part of the original deposit of Faith.

New Catholics should realize that it is permissable to doubt the veracity of this legend. As for myself, I am convinced that it is nothing more than pious fiction.

However, for those who entertain no doubts about this, go for it! May Our Lord, God and Saviour Jesus Christ bless you abundantly now and ever and forever!

Nil Carius Christo 🙂
Michael, that sinner

Mango…You would be surprised at the number of non-Catholics who pray the rosary regularly!

I actually pray 5 Rosaries a day-sometimes more if something comes up that needs urgent prayer. I don’t want to sound sanctimonious but at present I am at home and have the time and rather than watch the awful TV programs that are on, as someone posted before me, ( excluding EWTN of course- have that on all day) I’d rather spend that time in prayer for the many intentions I have: Salvation of the World, The Holy Father & priests everywhere, needs of family & friends, my CCD students & families, souls in Purgatory, etc.

I remember the days when I only prayed it once a week or even less than that…

Being a convert to the Faith, Mary & the Rosary were the hardest things for me to overcome. Over the many years I have grown to have a deep love of Our Lady and in that love, my love for Jesus has grown…. she always leads you to her Son.🙂

I try to pray it once a day, either in my car with the Mary Foundation CD, or on my PDA. As a family, we have recently begun praying it once a week together, on Wednesdays after dinner.

CD4 said:
Mango…You would be surprised at the number of non-Catholics who pray the rosary regularly!

I bet I would be surprised! I’ve never heard of such a thing. Aren’t there “Hail Mary’s” said when praying the Rosary?

~mango~

40.png
mango_2003:
I bet I would be surprised! I’ve never heard of such a thing. Aren’t there “Hail Mary’s” said when praying the Rosary?

~mango~
**YUP…But, it happens! Our Lady brings them in…one by one…None other than Scott Hahn was praying the Roaray Daily long before he became a Catholic. **

**I bought my first rosary when I was about thirteen…I hid it from my Methodist parents, but carried it with me while riding my bike. It was pink! I didn’t pray it then, but it seems enough to have the beads in my hands. **

Not long afterward, I did learn the Hail Mary…I found it in our town library, and took it off to the library restroom, where I memorized it…I do believe the Mother of God was calling me to her Son’s Church even then…It wasn’t 'till many, many years later that I actually entered the Church, but she had sewn the seeds.

**BTW…My Dad was quite anti-Catholic. He never said much, but I was aware that a rosary was a definite no-no. **

Now I have several rosaries, and have one with me wherever I go. I pray one a day at present, but would like to increase my prayer…

Last time I talked about this, we were only doing a weekly rosary. For quite a while I have wanted to do a daily rosary but my dh didn’t think it was a good idea. Well, Praise be to God, he came to me and said we will be starting a family rosary each day.

Prayer really works!! 👍

Lately I’ve been praying the rosary every day at about 1:00 or 2:00 AM (I’m a night-owl). It’s very relaxing and a wonderful thing to do, I’m realizing that now. Sometimes my mind wanders from the meditations, but I think with time my concentration will improve. Spending time in prayer is never a bad thing, afterall, if you’re sincerely trying.

Just wanted to add my experiences. 🙂

40.png
mom26sofar:
Last time I talked about this, we were only doing a weekly rosary. For quite a while I have wanted to do a daily rosary but my dh didn’t think it was a good idea. Well, Praise be to God, he came to me and said we will be starting a family rosary each day.

Prayer really works!! 👍
**WONDERFUL! **

I put once a day, because that’s what I try to do…I usually only manage about 4 times a week :(. I began praying it last October. I had a number of things going on in my life, and I felt that, it being a month of Mary and everything, that I should pray the Rosary. Sadly enough, I didn’t even know how. Well, I learned and began praying it every night…9 days later (coincidence? I think not :D), the really big issue that I had been worrying about was taken off my shoulders! I’ll never doubt the power of the Rosary again!

I try to pray the rosary once per day for peace. The pastor of our parish has begun an effort to get 1,000 rosaries prayed every day for this intention - so far about 700 people have signed up. Mary, the Queen of Peace, can and will intercede for us. It takes me about 20 minutes to drive home from work each day so this is when I pray the rosary. I turn off the radio, roll up the windows, and pray. It’s a great way to make the transition from work to home.

I try to pray the Rosary once a day, my estimate is that I am successful about 40% of the time. I do always intend to do better and hope to get to 100% eventually.

Hi,

I mostly pray the rosary once a day.

…Luke 1:78-79…“In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.”

My family ( grandparents, children, cousins, whoever is there) meet at my parents’ house as often as we can on Sunday nights to pray the rosary. In times of stress, we just seem to naturally gather. My mother was informed she had cancer on a Saturday afternoon and the immediate reaction was for everyone to gather and pray. My nephew, 20, who had been suffering from depression, committed suicide and the first thing we did was to run to my parents to pray the rosary. It has seen us through the darkest times and has also been prayed in great joy and thanksgiving when good things happen.

My rosary is very special to me - it was a gift from my godmother for my First Holy Communion. It has been on my nightstand, in my pocket, or close by almost always since and I am almost 42. The exception was the time it went missing and I tore the house up looking for it. I dumped everything from both of my nightstands’ drawers. It was missing for almost a year. The day the Gulf War broke out, it was sitting very neatly in my nightstand drawer. I must admit it scared me a little. God must have been telling me to hit my knees. Like an urgent message straight from God. The only other time it has not been with me is when it flew to Medjugorje with a friend from church, where it was blessed by our Holy Mother. No, it didn’t turn gold and it looks pretty worn and is missing one bead, but it is one of my most valuable possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back