How often do you pray the rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Corpus_Cristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas2 said:
"I think hanging it in the car from a mirror is a bit impious, but that’s where a lot of them wind up."

Excuuuuuuse me, but I DO have a Rosary hanging from the mirror in my car along with a Brown Scapular and they are BOTH there to witness to the driving world that I’m Catholic. I put them there years ago for that specific reason - to evangelize!

It seems that I have offended you. I am sorry, I didn’t have you specifically in mind when I wrote that. I have to confess that I have hung my chotki from the mirror too, I decided to stop doing that because I began to ignore it there and I neglected to take it down and use it.

I hope you understand that most of the people I have known with rosary beads hanging from the the mirror didn’t actually use them, or use any other sets either. With all the concern we have about how to dispose of old rosaries (I have seen threads like that) it just seemed to me that hanging them from a mirror was like a slow death, not used and not disposed of, just sort of in…er…suspended animation.

Interestingly, there appear to be less rosaries hanging from mirrors around Chicago these days and more Mardi Gras beads.

It seems like a trend.

If you are using the rosary for a conversation starter, I say fine. Whatever you do, I hope it works!
I’ll pray for you though. Might even do it while I’m driving too! Beep beep! 👍
That’s a mighty nice gesture! thanks, I need your help! I will remember you as well.
Peace and all good,

Thomas2
Nothing Dearer than Christ!

Well I will also have to admit that though I do have many Rosaries what is used far more is my Chotki - well one of them 😃

I have now got them in my purse err money variety ] pockets of jackets , on my desk , beside my bed and there it’s with my Diptych]

With the name of Mary I have struggled with this for a long time. When I joined in the Perpetual Adoration at my church I got up to at least once a week. About a year after that in October during the end of the year of the Rosary I prayed IF not this month when. I did pray everyday that month and have continued for the most part since. I will now pray two if I miss the day before.

It may not be the most reverant way but I found I do well if I pray the rosary while walking. I will often add intentions as I walk. I am in education and through all the workshops I have been to, I decided I was an ADD girl, I didnt bounce about but My brain was everywhere and my desk a mess. So I think moving does help me.

Strangely enough - you need not worry about praying when you walk . Cloisters in Abbeys are used for that very purpose . Indeed St Seraphim of Sarov told his nuns in the monastery he guided so-to-speak] that they should walk round the Nonastery walls each day praying the Rule of the Mother of God - 150 Hail Marys and 150 Our Fathers. In the Way of the Pilgrim the Pilgrim prayed thorughout the day as he walked everywhere.

Prayer should not be confined to one particular part of the day - it should be part of your normal life - not something special that you do on your knees when in Church. Pray whenever you can - and pray more and then still more .

Hesychios -

No offense taken. May Jesus Christ be praised!

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

I’ve been generally praying the rosary 4 days a week—I pray along with Mother Angelica and her Sisters on the way to work.
🙂

I don’t know how yet!!! I’ve thought about it, and throughout my life have accumulated (through divine providence) about 6 of them—but haven’t learned yet.! I want to though–One of these days~~~~~

Frankly, it is sorta scary listening to those nuns with Mother Angelica saying it on T.V. They all seem in a trance or something!!

<<<Actually, hanging a Rosary or any other object that identifies one as Catholic in one’s car in plain sight is a very painless, simple way to do what we are all called to as Catholics - bear witness to the Good News>>>

**Thomas2…I agree with you, and that is why I hang a rosary on my rear view mirror…It is a way to witness to my faith that is easy to do, and you never know…I especially like it, because I spend a lot of time with Evangelical Protestants. It is my way of saying that while I love being with them, and love our Sunday School class, I am a Catholic…and that is the way it will stay…They love me anyway 😃 **

40.png
sparkle:
I don’t know how yet!!! I’ve thought about it, and throughout my life have accumulated (through divine providence) about 6 of them—but haven’t learned yet.! I want to though–One of these days~~~~~

Frankly, it is sorta scary listening to those nuns with Mother Angelica saying it on T.V. They all seem in a trance or something!!
Here are wonderful “step by step” instructions for learning to pray the Rosary:
catholic.org/clife/prayers/rosary.php

If you have a Catholic bookstore near you, you can probably also pick up a booklet on how to say the Rosary for about a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back