I can’t help it.
I find it very odd that a person would come to a Catholic forum, post as a ‘Trial Member’ (which means you haven’t had many posts up to this point) and ask how to tell your mother you are leaving the church.
Did you expect someone to offer, ‘take her a dozen roses’ or something?
This just screams of ‘I wonder what they will say’, much more than, ‘I have an earnest concern and would like some help’
If, OTOH, you are sincere (and you may very well be), I would only hope that you consider why your mother would not be ok. Wouldn’t she want what she thinks is best for you? Are you leaving the church to ‘find yourself’, or because you have already found some other faith community? If it’s for another community, what is it that is there you were unable to find here
You said you talked to priests and such, yet you still want to leave… and you’ve got CAF, and you still want to leave… I dunno. I just can’t help but say that I get a sinking suspician that this is not something you’ve given as much thought as you’ve suggested.