Hugo Chavez, fiery Venezuelan leader, dies at 58

• Thread starter Thread starter scipio337
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, however, the CATHOLIC Church is a lot more universal now - isn’t it?

Thus your implied interpretation must be redefined in it’s obvious limitations. No?
There was no implied interpretation. The wording of the other poster reminded me of the wording in that passage, which was very close.

If I may:

It shows we surrender to HIS hope and HIS compassion.👍
He is the origin of hope and compassion. If we express hope and compassion, we have hope and compassion in us, or it can be said, ‘He is with us.’

There was no implied interpretation. The wording of the other poster reminded me of the wording in that passage, which was very close.
There was no implication on your part?

Really?

Then may I ask, what exactly did the wording of the other poster imply to you in relevance to that scriptural passage?

There was no implication on your part?

Really?

Then may I ask, what exactly did the wording of the other poster imply to you in relevance to that scriptural passage?
To each according to their need
Act 2:45 Their possessions and goods they sold and **divided them to all, according as every one had need. **
The emphasis is mine. I hope you can see the similarities. It was those similarities that brought the scripture to mind. I could only guess at any implication. The poster didn’t say. Rather than guess, I shared the scripture it brought to mind. 🤷

It’s all food for thought…

I didn’t ask for personal thanks.🙂
Well and good.

And neither do I.

We should not let ourselves b splintered.

I know you mean well but I would ask you, in all humility ,to put aside notions of gratitude that you and I do not deserve.

We are the beneficiaries of that great generation and we should never underestimate their sacrifice.

We should not throw their efforts away.

I will never understate what the American men and women sacrificed for world peace but I will not stand by and accept that the men and women elsewhere were like helpless maidens on a railtrack.

NO.

That is a Hollywood lie,

And it is VERY disrespectful

He is the origin of hope and compassion. If we express hope and compassion, we have hope and compassion in us, or it can be said, ‘He is with us.’
All the more reason we must openly recognize HIM as the source of our Hope and Compassion.

Lest it appears as a boast of personal self virtue.

The emphasis is mine. I hope you can see the similarities. It was those similarities that brought the scripture to mind. I could only guess at any implication. The poster didn’t say. Rather than guess, I shared the scripture it brought to mind. 🤷

It’s all food for thought…
So your subconscious implication is that Karl Marx derived his godless political philosophy from an accurate understanding of scripture?

Well and good.

And neither do I.

We should not let ourselves b splintered.

I know you mean well but I would ask you, in all humility ,to put aside notions of gratitude that you and I do not deserve.

We are the beneficiaries of that great generation and we should never underestimate their sacrifice.

We should not throw their efforts away.

I will never understate what the American men and women sacrificed for world peace but I will not stand by and accept that the men and women elsewhere were like helpless maidens on a railtrack.

NO.

That is a Hollywood lie,

And it is VERY disrespectful
Where exactly do I imply that other nations of the Allies were helpless?

It is possible to highlight the areas of contribution accurately without denigrating others, you know?

Gratitude does not (in and of itself) necessitate denigration.

So your subconscious implication is that Karl Marx derived his godless political philosophy from an accurate understanding of scripture?
That is something you have speculated. It is certainly nothing I have conveyed.

Originally Posted by SamH forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons_khaki/viewpost.gif
To each according to their need…

Originally posted by Prodigal Son1
Quote:
Act 2:45 Their possessions and goods they sold and divided them to all, according as every one had need.

Glorious linking of bible and Marx** you get extra beet ration **may the spirit of Lenin (peace be upon him) always remain with you.
In the meantime: commandante Chavez had $2 billion what a guy
You crack me up. 😃

That is something you have speculated. It is certainly nothing I have conveyed.
Given the source of the two quotes, my speculation seems quite logical. No?

Perhaps you can correct my speculation with clarification?

If I may ask, what exactly ARE you conveying?

I have explained it, as best as I can. I apologize if you cannot see the similarities.

The quote Prodigal provided reminds me of
[BIBLEDRB]2 thes 3:10[/BIBLEDRB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back