E
Elf01
Guest
It begins at sundown on Sundays and solemnities but lasts till midnight of the day (any Mass on Sunday will fulfill the Sunday obligation).
This is not correct.So, if it was dinner you’re likely fine. I had meatloaf as soon as it got dark. It was great.
@GLam1761 That was only venial then due to your lack of consent.Then I remembered that
The Day was Friday! I IMMEDIATELY left half
of my chicken uneaten, I didn’t tell my friend
seeing he had already finished. I think that is
the way to avoid sinning against your
No. A fast is midnight to midnight.The liturgical day ends at sundown. Most Catholics mistakenly believe it’s midnight. But that’s not true. All reckoning of liturgical time hinges on the new day beginning at sundown since ancient people generally had no reliable way to calculate midnight. That’s why Easter vigil must start after dark. It is liturgically Sunday once the sun disappears on a Saturday. So, if it was dinner you’re likely fine. I had meatloaf as soon as it got dark. It was great.
A BBQ place near I live offers fish tacos, initially it was only seasonally during Lent, but now it’s year round for those guests who rather not eat the other meats (beef, pork, chicken and turkey). It helps that the owner of the BBQ joint is Catholic.On another note…why was there even shrimp at a BBQ place?
More than anything I was really asking why the dad, who is anti-Catholic, orders shrimp in a BBQ place on a Friday in lent in front of his son who is possibly converting.A BBQ place near I live offers fish tacos, initially it was only seasonally during Lent, but now it’s year round for those guests who rather not eat the other meats (beef, pork, chicken and turkey). It helps that the owner of the BBQ joint is Catholic.
Related: some fast food chains, like Jack in the Box, only offers their fish sandwiches during Lent.