"If you died right now, are you 100% sure you would go to Heaven? (St. Paul wasn't)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lampo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again justinthemartyr;

I love the story of the protical son from Luke 15…

20 …But while he was still a long way off, his father … ran and embraced him and kissed him.
21 And the son said to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight; I am no longer worthy to be called your son
22 But the father said to his bond servants, Bring quickly the best robe (the festive robe of honor) and put it on him; and give him a ring for his hand and sandals for his feet.
23 And bring out that [wheat-]fattened calf and kill it; and let us ]revel and feast and be happy and make merry,
24 Because this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!
25 But his older son was in the field; and as he returned and came near the house, he heard music and dancing.
28 But [the elder brother] was angry [with deep-seated wrath] and resolved not to go in. Then his father came out and began to plead with him,
29 But he answered his father, Look! These many years I have served you, and I have never disobeyed your command. **Yet you never gave me **[so much as] a [little] kid…
30 But when this son of yours arrived, who has devoured your estate with immoral women, you have killed for him [p]that [wheat-] fattened calf!
31 And the father said to him, Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.

It is interesting to look at the story three ways.

one way through the eyes of the father

A loving father… even when his son left Him, He was still there to welcome him home and forgive him

one way through the eyes of the older brother

A angered jealous brother at his Father’s over zealous greeting of his brother when he came home.

I probably be jealous too
I love when the bible illustrates the hemaness we all have


Lastly younger brother who chose to leave and upon returning did not feel worthy to be called His father’s son

God promised to remain faithful to all. However if we leave, God’s wrath will be waiting for us if we do not return.

Only one sin is unforgiveable by God. That is the sin of rejection being a prodical son and not coming back home. That will be man’s choice not God’s.

Speaking of choices,

Of all the gifts that will be under the Christmas trees around the world, there is one gift that will not be there.

The gift which is offered by faith from God,

…the gift of God is eternal life. Rom 6:23

I believe God is asking, anyone want to recivce my gift?

Yes______ No________

I encourage all, invite Jesus to be the Lord and Saviour of your life if you have not done so already.

truth
 
40.png
whatisthetruth:
Dear Pilgrim:

I always get a bit anxious when I read Posters who are having direct Revelations from the Holy Spirit.

I take from your post, that you feel your salvation is guaranteed, is assured, else why would Jesus have died.

But, though there are some people here confused about guaranteed salvation, I would like to mention where there is no confusion:
  1. Faith alone does not guarantee salvation.
  2. There is no way an individual can have both absolute and infallible certainty that he will perserve to the end.
So says the Council of Trent in its Canons on Justification in condemnation of Martin Luther.

So, if you are havi ng revelations from the Holy Spirit, have a tape recorder with you the next time, or get it in writing.

peace
 
Hi mgrfin
I take from your post, that you feel your salvation is guaranteed, is assured, else why would Jesus have died.
That is exactly what I believe through Jesus eyes as long as I remain faithful to him.

Lets simplify it…

A God’s Word …the gift of God is eternal life. Rom 6:23
B My belief and faith in Jesus and God’s word
C Eternity in heaven

A + B = C

Without A or B you cant have C

A will always be true and there. Agree?
C will always be there. Agree?


B will not always be there because Satan will win souls to his side 😦
I will never leave my faith in Jesus or God, that is why I am saved.

Let me say it another way,

If there comes a time I should walk away, like the “prodical son”, and give up my faith in Jesus, I believe that Jesus would not accept me in the end. For His word says…

Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I sure do not want to hear those words expressed to me when heaven would just a “footstep” away. I do not believe anyone does.

However, after walking away, should I repent and come back to the Father in heaven, His word says He will never leave me.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Let me ask you, if you should
walk away and give up your faith in Jesus
realize at some point you have sinned against heaven
confessed and repented to Jesus
recomitt your faith and belief in Him

Do you believe there a chance God will say to you at the end,
"I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers
!"?
I always get a bit anxious when I read Posters who are having direct Revelations from the Holy Spirit.

I don’t understand why you would be anxious:confused:

I come to realize one thing, in everything I do, every word I speak or write, Is guided by one of 2 spirits, the Holy Spirit or Satan’s spirit.

John 6:28
**Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” **
John 6:29
**Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” **
John 7:18
He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself (satan), but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
John 14:10
**The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. **

The following is Satan not my beliefs

Satan wants me to post something like,
Do not listen to God when he tells you…
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16
Agreed
I would like to mention where there is no confusion:
“1) Faith alone does not guarantee salvation.”
Disagree for the reasons expressed above.

If I ever left and realized I was wrong and wanted to come back to God, the thought of God not welcoming me back, would be like calling Him a liar…I believe God is 100% truth

I realize I have to repent on earth not in heaven, for then it will be too late
  1. There is no way an individual can have both absolute and infallible certainty that he will perserve to the end.
Agree
So says the Council of Trent in its Canons on Justification in condemnation of Martin Luther.
Is the Council of Trent or the Bible the true word of God?
So, if you are having revelations from the Holy Spirit, have a tape recorder with you the next time, or get it in writing.
Interesting request, let me ask you…

When blessing yourself you say In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

Describe the Holy Spirit

Thank you,

truth
 
To say there is no hell is like saying there is no devil or evil. Then why in the rosary do we say save us from the sorrows of hell. Then why did Jesus come down to save us, from what then? And why when we die do we have judgement day. Isnt it then when Jesus judges us to see if we are going to heaven or not. If not then i guess i dont know my religion at all.
 
Hi rinnie

You posted excellent questions, I will give you the best answers I
believe the bible says to your questions. If you want biblical reference I will post it for you.

"To say there is no hell is like saying there is no devil or evil."

I agree. Hell is as real as heaven.

"Then why in the rosary do we say save us from the sorrows of hell."

When you sincerely confess and repent your sins to Jesus, God’s word is true and will save you from fires of hell.

"Then why did Jesus come down to save us, from what then?"
He saved us from our humaness and sinful nature. It all started with Adam and Eve. God said do not eat from the one tree and did Adam and Eve listen? No.
And we humans are still stubborn want to do things our way.

"And why when we die do we have judgement day."

On that day those who refuse to accept the good news of the gospel and believein God and Jesus, will have their sinful life revealed to them…everything they ever did against the ten commandments. It will then be to late to say “I am sorry…I now beleive.” Eternal punishment is awaiting for them.

"Isnt it then when Jesus judges us to see if we are going to heaven or not?"

Yes, as mentioned above

I hope that answered your questions

truth
 
Ok i agree with all you said. My mistake, i thought i read that someone was saying that there was no hell. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.
 
Hi Lampo 🙂

I am sorry to hear you think the interpretation is fallible. 😦 Just to let you know, I posted on how I was led by the Holy Spirit.
Wow! You’ve got my attention. I find this quote most amazing! How do you know you are infallible? What is your proof? By what authority do you teach what you do? Before you hold up your Bible and say, “THIS authority”, please show me where in the Bible your name is mentioned so that I might believe the Bible gives you authority to teach what you do.

Now as far as I know, authority, at least in the Bible, is passed on through the laying on of hands. Please read Paul’s letters to Timothy and Titus as proof of this. Who laid hands on you?

Just to let you know, all of the other thousands of Protestant denominations claim to be guided by the Holy Spirit too when interpreting Scripture yet NONE of them agree 100% on all doctrinal matters. Does the Holy Spirit tell the Southern Baptists that infant baptism is wrong and at the same time tell Missouri Synod Lutherans that infant baptism is necessary? No. This is simply fruit from Protestantism and the false doctrine of sola scriptura.
 
Hi mgrfin

That is exactly what I believe through Jesus eyes as long as I remain faithful to him.

A God’s Word …the gift of God is eternal life. Rom 6:23

I will never leave my faith in Jesus or God, that is why I am saved.

Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
However, after walking away, should I repent and come back to the Father in heaven, His word says He will never leave me.

for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
“1) Faith alone does not guarantee salvation.”
Disagree for the reasons expressed above.
  1. There is no way an individual can have both absolute and infallible certainty that he will perserve to the end.
B]Is the Council of Trent or the Bible the true word of God?

Describe the Holy Spirit

First, you misquoted Romans 6:23. It doesn’t say everlasting life is the guaranteed gift of God. Everlasting life is not a guaranteed gift. Rather it says that the wages of sin is death. If you die in your sin, you perish. How do you know you you will never sin? “Pride goeth before a fall, A haughty spirit before a fall”.
You presume too much on your own salvation.

At the moment of your death, the devil will seek to grab your soul for himself. “Be watchful, for the Adversary, the devil goeth around seeking whom he may devour”. That is why we pray: “…Pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

You misunderstood the meaning of Matt, Chapter 7. The meaning is : “Every one who says to me Lord, Lord, shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven; but, he who does the will of my Father in heaven.” You are saying “Lord, Lord…” - that is no guarantee.

In Deut, you took the words of Moses to the Israelites, and applied them to yourself. This is typical of people who interprete the Bible for themselves. Making quotes to suit their own purpose. Even the devil does that. Moses was speaking of the fulfillment of God’s promise to lead the Israelites into Palestine, not to lead you to heaven.

The Council of Trent and the Bible are both part of Revelation. The words of Trent on Justification, in condemnation of Luther, is infallible, just as is the Bible. To believe what I quoted as condemned is to be ‘anathema’.

As for your invitation to describe the Holy Spirit, that mystery is out of context of this tread.

peace
 
Hi again mgrfin
First, you misquoted Romans 6:23. Rather it says that the wages of sin is death.
you are right…I left out the wages of sin is death because I wanted to illustrate God’s gift of eternal life He is offering.

The bible actually says…
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 6:23

I stand corrected. I admit leaving a word or two out of a verse can change the meaning of the message. The same is true by leaving out verses from chapters or chapters from books etc…

Paul was a great witness of the gospel Acts 16, however you can miss the whole story of Paul if you do not include Acts 8 when Paul was Saul

But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison. Acts 8:3

His story amazes me, God did a miracle in his life 🙂
If you die in your sin, you perish.
agree
How do you know you you will never sin?
You right, as I am taking that candy bar from the counter God strikes me down with a massive heart attack and I never got the chance to repent…Is that what you are saying

Outside of that, as hard as I live my life according to the word of God, I do not believe a day goes by that I am totally sin free. God’s promise is when I sincelely repent He will forgive me.

mgrfin, when I look at Jesus on the cross, I see a man who endured a lot of pain, suffering and eventual death on that cross for one reason…to take the punishment for the sins I have committed or will ever commit in my life time. All He asks is to believe His word by faith and accept the grace He is offering. God’s word is guaranteed, man’s faith in Him is not. people who actually there that saw it happen before thieir eyes did not believe.

I do not plan on leaving HIm like the prodical son did.

What is preventing you from believing that if you remain faithful to Him, God may deny you at the end??

More comments to come

Thank you

truth
 
Hi lampo
By what authority do you teach what you do? Before you hold up your Bible
My answer is the Bible

God, our heavenly Father, teaches me by His word in the Bible.
I teaches based on what God taught me

What source do you get your teaching from?

thanks

truth
 
Hi again mgrfin

Outside of that, as hard as I live my life according to the word of God, I do not believe a day goes by that I am totally sin free. God’s promise is when I sincelely repent He will forgive me.

I do not plan on leaving HIm like the prodical son did.

What is preventing you from believing that if you remain faithful to Him, God may deny you at the end??
You misunderstand sin. Seemingly, to you all sin is going to merit punishment in hell. Wrong. There is such a thing as gravity, what Catholicism calls mortal sin.

If you sin seriously, (mortal), and die in that state, you will merit eternal punishment.

Yeah, we all may sin every day, hopefully not seriously.

If I am faithful to God at the end, God will not go against his promises, and will not deny me.

The question of the thread, is how do I know 100 percent I will be saved. This suggests the OSAS of Protestantism. There is no such thing, and it has been condemned by the teaching of the Catholic Church, as well as in Sacred Scripture.

We don’t know whether we will sin seriously, and, according to old Protestant tenents, even if we were to sin seriously, we are saved, so long as we do not lose faith. This is of course what we reject.

Please do not misquote SS to us. And please do not try to quote the whole of the Bible to us. We are bible educated and have Scripture at hand. Please do not quote to us Scripture texts which are not revelant the issue at hand, as you did quoting Exodus. Please do not change words in the text.

peace

PS you are still misquoting Romans 6:23: It does not say what you think. It does not say 'gift".

It says: "For the wages of sin is death. But the GRACE of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

I don’t know where that guarantees to salvation.
 
Hi lampo

My answer is the Bible

God, our heavenly Father, teaches me by His word in the Bible.
I teaches based on what God taught me

What source do you get your teaching from?

thanks

truth
I didn’t know God made private revelations to you.

Our source is Revelation, both Written and Unwritten. We have the Infallible Roman Catholic Church to teach us.

I don’t know how you have these extravagant interpretation of scripture, but the obvious passages of scripture where Jesus founded his Church on Peter, and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. And on Pentecost, He sent his Holy Spirit to the Church to guide it infallibly for all time.

It was this same Church which gave you your bible.
It was this same Church which condemned to the theology of OSAS.

peace
 
Hi lampo

My answer is the Bible
Please show me where in the Bible your name is mentioned so that I might believe the Bible gives you authority to teach what you do.
What source do you get your teaching from?

thanks

truth
The Church - the pillar and bullwark of truth - 1 Tim. 3:15. And I never argue anything that is outside of Church teaching. And, since the Church teaches infallibly, I can argue that all of the doctrines and dogmas that I put forth, are indeed infallible.
 
Lampo,

I am always bemused by these Bible quoting Christians, e.g., our Pilgrim friend, who can take a quote from Romans 6:23, saying it is a 100% assurity of salvation, yet, it is nothing of the sort, and as far as the thread is concerned it is even irrelevant.

Yet, when we quote Scripture to these same people, (maybe they think we don’t read the Bible), and use Scripture to prove such things as the Eucharist in
Mt 26:26-28
Mk 14: 22-25
Lk 22:14-20
Jn 6: 35-38
1 Cor 10:16
1 Cor 11:23.
They respond by scratching their heads.

The same goes for NT quotes on the establishment of the Catholic Church, the infallibility of the Peter, the forgiveness of sins through absolution. With these, they remain mute.

Instead we are invited to get into a discussion on the mystery of the Holy Spirit, whom they may deny is the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. Where would they get a developed Theology on the Trinity, except through the Catholic Church.

Finally, Sacred Scripture gives no 100% guarantee of OSAS. You have work out your salvation like the rest of us, up to the very moment of our death, lest you lose it.

peace
 
mgrfin;3062280]Lampo,
I am always bemused by these Bible quoting Christians, e.g., our Pilgrim friend, who can take a quote from Romans 6:23, saying it is a 100% assurity of salvation, yet, it is nothing of the sort, and as far as the thread is concerned it is even irrelevant.
Yet, when we quote Scripture to these same people, (maybe they think we don’t read the Bible), and use Scripture to prove such things as the Eucharist in
Mt 26:26-28
Mk 14: 22-25
Lk 22:14-20
Jn 6: 35-38
1 Cor 10:16
1 Cor 11:23.
They respond by scratching their heads.
The same goes for NT quotes on the establishment of the Catholic Church, the infallibility of the Peter, the forgiveness of sins through absolution. With these, they remain mute.
Where in Scritpure does it claim Peter was infallible?

Where in Scriptrue do we see a priest giving absolution for sins?
Instead we are invited to get into a discussion on the mystery of the Holy Spirit, whom they may deny is the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. Where would they get a developed Theology on the Trinity, except through the Catholic Church.
Finally, Sacred Scripture gives no 100% guarantee of OSAS. You have work out your salvation like the rest of us, up to the very moment of our death, lest you lose it.
How does a catholic work out their salvation?
 
Where in Scritpure does it claim Peter was infallible?

Where in Scriptrue do we see a priest giving absolution for sins?

How does a catholic work out their salvation?
Let me answer your question with a question (being the good Irishman I am): Do you think the Epistles of St. Paul are infallible?

As for absolution, let me begin with a Scripture: Jesus said to his apostles: Who’s sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; who’s sins you shall retain they are retained". Is this scripture too direct, and too simple for our Bible loving Christian friends?

Show me in Scripture where it says that we are saved by faith ALONE?

Show me in scripture your basis for SOLA SCRIPTURA?

And catholic salvation: Love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, with thy whole mind, thy whole self. And the second, is to love your neighbor as yourself.

These are the words of Jesus Christ himself. He never said salvation is guaranteed because you have SOLA FIDES.

And to get back on thread, where does it say that we are sure 100% sure that we are saved?

peace
 
Hi all

After reading all your posts, I believe you will agree with me
there is a lot of concern when it comes to the question…“What is the truth about salvation”?

I also believe you will agree with me that there is one who knows the answer to that question…God and within His word, the Bible.

After all, God is our heavenly Father and we all are brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Will you join me in prayer and ask God to assist us so we can all be in agreement on what His truth is.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who
trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil…

Father, I want to thank you for your love and grace you have offered to all mankind. At times dear God we may feel like the prodical son, unworthy to be called you son/daughter.

I pray for strength and courage for everyone that we all may endure the race you planned before us.
Father, in your name I ask you to bless all your people with your wisdom and love. In our quest for the truth of your word, I pray that we all can work together with patience and understanding.

Lord, we honor your word by taking up the shield of faith which we extinguish all the flaming arrows of untruths Satan throws our way and we we have on our head the helmet of salvation and hold the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. We look forward to the day all the “children of God” will be united as one body in heaven honoring and worshiping you.
In Jesus name I pray
Amen
 
Hi mgrfin

I see we have a difference of opinion and.or belief which comes as no surprise to me. However, I thank God that wee do share the same belief in that we agree God, Jesus and Heaven do exist, and unlike the Jewish faith, we believe that Jesus is the Messiah our risen Lord and Saviour who died on the cross and rose from the dead to heaven on the third day.

Now to discuss the issues at hand…
“Pride goeth before a fall, A haughty spirit before a fall”.
I completely agree
You presume too much on your own salvation.
Ok, one last time…this is why I say God’s word is guaranteed.

I live my life knowing I have accepted in my heart the promise of God and I live my life according to His word
and you said the same in your next post.
If I am faithful to God at the end, God will not go against his promises, and will not deny me.
I agree God will not deny you that is why I am 100% sure that if I remain faithful to God, He will not deny me just like I quoted from you.
according to old Protestant tenents, even if we were to sin seriously, we are saved, so long as we do not lose faith. This is of course what we reject.
I do not understand I quoted you saying
If I am faithful to God at the end, God will not go against his promises, and will not deny me.
As for Romans 6:23
It doesn’t say everlasting life is the guaranteed gift of God
I agree, God realizes that Satan is hard at work and therefore will not grant eternal life to those who have never believed or to those who believed and then either walked away or never practiced their faith in Him.
Please do not change words in the text. you are still misquoting Romans 6:23: It does not say what you think. It does not say 'gift".
What version of the bible are you taking the text from,
Here are 4 versions…
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NIV)
For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amplified
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.USCCB New American Bible (Catholic Edition)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (New Living Translation)
God is promising 2 things in the same verse…
!) my sins will be punished
2) His gift to me, eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

I believe God is letting me know that if I have sin on my soul at the time af death I can not enter heaven.
I believe that He realizes in my walk of life with Him, I will still give in to the temptations of Satan and sin.

Exactly what you said here,
“Be watchful, for the Adversary, the devil goeth around seeking whom he may devour”.
You misunderstand sin. Seemingly, to you all sin is going to merit punishment in hell. Wrong.
There is such a thing as gravity, what Catholicism calls mortal sin.
**I never understood that. Where in the bible does it mention mortal and venial sin.? **

To God, a murderer is just as guilty as someone stealing a candy bar at the supermarket. Man weighs sin in the court of law, to God all sins have equal weight. According to the bible nobody with any type of sin can reighn with God in heaven.
Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
"
When you said…
That is why we pray: “…Pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.”
I find that interesting.
I believe that God will forgive sins only when the sinner gives a personal repentance and confession to Him. I can pray to God all I want for your forgiveness and God will not forgive you unless you make a personal confession to Him.

His promise is,
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16
If and when we sin, I see Jesus as God’s provision to forgive us of our sin when we sincerely confess and repent to Him.

So…at the time when I am on my “death bed”, and in my last breath, I sincerely confess and repent my sin, I’ll be looking forward to celebrating and worshipping my Lord and Saviour for eternity in heaven. 😃

That I believe is God’s word to me and to you.😃

Thanks for your reply

continued next post…

Truth
 
Hi again mgrfin

part 2

If there was a chance that God would break His promise, we would have nothing to live for but just a hope we make it to heaven.
At the moment of your death, the devil will seek to grab your soul for himself.
Ah!!! Here is one area I believe we disagree.

Let me ask you so I understand, if I am on my death bed and while I still have a chance, I say one final sincere prayer to God of confession and repentance…

Do you believe God will forgive me of all my sin?

yes________ no________

if no why?

If yes, then upon my death, and after God had just forgiven me, do you believe Satan can still claim my soul?


yes_____ no______

If yes, please explain

Do you believe it is God’s intent, just to give us a hope and not a promise we make it…if we remain faithful to Him according to His word?


yes___ no______

Or

Upon seeing those children who remain faithful and live according to His word, His promise then can be fulfilled by grant His faithful chidren eternal life in heaven?
yes___ no____
You misunderstood the meaning of Matt, Chapter 7. The meaning is : “Every one who says to me Lord, Lord, shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven; but, he who does the will of my Father in heaven.” You are saying “Lord, Lord…” - that is no guarantee.
I an sorry you feel I misunderstood that verse. As you just said and I said above, “I live my life knowing I have accepted in my heart the promise of God and I live my life according to His word” and not Satan’s temptations to sin.

Do we understand each other on that point?
I hope we both agree

In Deut, Moses was speaking of the fulfillment of God’s promise to lead the Israelites into Palestine,
Absolutely
you took the words of Moses to the Israelites, and applied them to yourself…not to lead you to heaven.
I didn’t know God made private revelations to you…
This is typical of people who interprete the Bible for themselves. Making quotes to suit their own purpose.
I am sorry to hear you do not make a personal application of God’s word.

Why don’t you?

Is that why Catholics do not have Bibles in the chuch pews?


Another question I had as a Catholic

I believe every word God speaks in the bible is addressing not only the people in the Bible but also a personal appication to the hearts who read His word.

In essence the Bible is a personal lover letter from God to all who read it.
After all, He is your heavenly Father too. Agree??

You have a right to his word as anyone else
Don’t you agree?

Wow longer than I thought part 3 next

Thanks

God bless you,

Truth
 
Hi again mgrfin

part 3

The bible says
**In 2 timothy 3:15
and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **
God promises to never leave Moses I agree, in that he also promises never to leave all His children.
Like the prodical son, it is us who choose to leave Him. God is always faithful to His word.
Our source is Revelation, both Written and Unwritten. We have the Infallible Roman Catholic Church to teach us.
My main source of learning is from the infallible Bible. It is through the church where I personally witness and experiece what the bible teaches. Especially the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, I have pastors in my church who preach the word, I respect their teaching. But they also humble themselves by saying “My word is not the final authority which is the Word of God.”

On any given day Satan can intervene with my pastors, who are human just like you and I, and cause them to speak an untruth.
The Council of Trent and the Bible are both part of Revelation.
The words of Trent on Justification, in condemnation of Luther, is infallible, just as is the Bible
Wow, when I look at the Bible, the book of Revelation is one of the books contained in the Bible
Where is the Council of Trent in Revelation or the Bible?
To believe what I quoted as condemned is to be ‘anathema’.
Please explain, what you mean by that
As for your invitation to describe the Holy Spirit, that mystery is out of context of this tread.
Wow. I do not see the Holy spirit as a mystery. The Holy Spirit is a very important part of the trinity who lives in everyones heart.
Do you agree??
It was this same Church which gave you your bible.
not according to the bible…
**2 timothy 3
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.**
It was this same Church which condemned to the theology of OSAS.
I am sorry what does OSAS stand for?

Thank for your time and answers,

God bless,

truth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top