I'm disappointed in Sean Hannity

  • Thread starter Thread starter ridesawhitehors
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
aimee:
Laura wrote a book…Shut Up and Sing…did you read it?
Yes, in fact I read the book long before I realized she was on the radio. Great book and very very insightful as to the liberal/secular view of traditional and religious people. She sums it up “They think we’re stupid.”

Lisa N
 
In '88…I don’t think they will still be alive in 2088…LOL just kidding…obvious typo
40.png
miguel:
I’ve noticed the same things about him (except his cuteness;) ). What bugs me, is if you’re not on his Iraqi war bandwagon, you’re not a conservative. Baloney. He’s a Republican before he’s anything else. Guliani’s a Republican. So you can’t criticize him. Baloney on that too. If he thinks real conservatives will support Guliani or McCain in '88, he’s got another thing coming.
 
40.png
BenRosa:
Hannity comes off as whiney to me…the Bush admin can do no wrong according to him.
I agree…I find Hannity to be very irritating, and stopped listening to him a very long time ago…

I consider myself fairly conservative…but I get really annoyed by those who believe this administration can do no wrong. I believe that the Holy Father was quite correct when he urged President Bush NOT to invade Iraq.
 
Lisa N:
I do appreciate Hannity’s support for Terri Shindler Schiavo and the stand he took. But he needs to open up the CCC more often 😉 , Savage is often right but I feel that the messenger kills the message. He is OK in small doses.

Also FWIW I second, third and fourth the applauding of Laura Ingraham. She is one class act.

Lisa N
I agree that Sean needs to open up the CCC. He would be awesome if he decided to support all the doctrine of the Catholic Church. Oh well!

Laura is unafraid to spread the good news, and she does it on the radio while people call in. She will say things like, I am so glad you called in and I like your point of view and we really want you to come home (menaing the Catholic Church). It is powerful to listen to her. Keep Laura in your prayers since she is battling cancer and will be starting treatments or did so recently.
 
40.png
Fitz:
Laura is unafraid to spread the good news, and she does it on the radio while people call in. She will say things like, I am so glad you called in and I like your point of view and we really want you to come home (menaing the Catholic Church). It is powerful to listen to her. Keep Laura in your prayers since she is battling cancer and will be starting treatments or did so recently.
Yes I know. I listen to her show every day and I signed up to stream those shows I miss. Not only is she battling cancer but her engagement broke up. She is definitely in my prayers.

Lisa N
 
Lisa N:
Yes I know. I listen to her show every day and I signed up to stream those shows I miss. Not only is she battling cancer but her engagement broke up. She is definitely in my prayers.

Lisa N
The cancer I knew about, but she and her fiance broke up, too? How awful.
 
40.png
ridesawhitehors:
I think I am done with Sean Hannity. :mad:
…
I heard this as well. And I’ve been listenting to him less and less these days. Only when there’s nothing else on does he get time on my radio.

DustinsDad
 
Momofone:
The cancer I knew about, but she and her fiance broke up, too? How awful.
Yes she announced it on the air in her breezy style; "Well my cancer’s gone and so is the fiance’ They were planning a July wedding and right after the surgery she joked that she was going to walk down the aisle with an IV in her arm if necessary. Then the announcement of the breakup. Obviously she didn’t share the details with the audience.

Lisa N
 
Lisa N:
Yes she announced it on the air in her breezy style; "Well my cancer’s gone and so is the fiance’ They were planning a July wedding and right after the surgery she joked that she was going to walk down the aisle with an IV in her arm if necessary. Then the announcement of the breakup. Obviously she didn’t share the details with the audience.

Lisa N
Oh, I hadn’t heard about this… dangit! :mad:
But you know what? She is the kind of person who will ride this one out. She’s knows her faith and understands suffering and trials. Everyone keep praying for her. And if you don’t know who she is yet - find out! 👍
www.lauraingraham.com
 
ridesawhitehors said:
Oh, I hadn’t heard about this… dangit! :mad:
But you know what? She is the kind of person who will ride this one out. She’s knows her faith and understands suffering and trials. Everyone keep praying for her. And if you don’t know who she is yet - find out! 👍
www.lauraingraham.com

I hadn’t read her book…so I ordered it today 👍
 
Lisa N:
Yes I know. I listen to her show every day and I signed up to stream those shows I miss. Not only is she battling cancer but her engagement broke up. She is definitely in my prayers.

Lisa N
Since we moved, I don’t get Laura Ingraham. I had heard about the cancer and have her in my prayers. I’m so sorry about the fiance. I guess its better to find out that someone is a dog before the wedding than after. She is probably the most articulate voice we have. Can you keep me posted on any other developments regarding her health?

Thanks,
Katherine
 
Sean Hannity is a highly paid entertainer, nothing more, nothing less. He stands for Catholic teachings only when they can improve his ratings, nothing more, nothing less. Bill O’Reilly falls under the same category…they use their faith when it seems to fit the direction they want to go with their news entertainment shows, nothing more, nothing.
 
I hope people will email the show and let him know how they feel…
I think he needs to learn more about his faith…
 
I stopped listening to him during the past election. I found that he was just trying to argue by degrading and insulting the guests. Unless you agree with everything that is said, you’re a left wing liberal.
 
40.png
mj330:
I stopped listening to him during the past election. I found that he was just trying to argue by degrading and insulting the guests. Unless you agree with everything that is said, you’re a left wing liberal.
Well…are you? a left wing liberal? 😃
 
40.png
ridesawhitehors:
I think I am done with Sean Hannity. :mad:
I have been listening to him for a couple of years, occasionally. But today a caller politely defended a bishop who did not attend a gathering of some kind for Rudi Gulianni - and the conversation descended into a Catholic Church bashing-fest as Sean criticized the Church about priest abuse, the with-holding of the Eucharist from anyone for just about any reason, and because of the death penalty. Sean thinks the Eucharist should never be withheld because it may set a precedence to where it could be withheld for someones political view on the death penalty.
The caller (named Brendan) was SPOT-ON - and an obvious faithful and educated catholic, and didn’t let Sean get away with false statements about the Church. Sean seemed rattled, and just said the “Church is wrong!” - and cut away to a commercial.
It was cold.
I remember this kind of a conversation with him before - and it came to me that maybe his criticism of the church comes from something more personal then political views…hmmmm…

I like him as an entertainer, most of his politics reflect mine, I like the Hannity and Colmes show, and dang he’s a cutie. But I am annoyed at him as a catholic. I turned the channel to Michael Medved.
Sean Hannity is a Republican Apologist who also happens to be Catholic. The caller in question appears to have been a Catholic Apologist who happens to be Republican. Sean Hannity works best when he constrains his conversation to defending Conservative ideology and keeps his religion out of it, because though is is better catechised than, say, Bill O’Reilly, he is still not all that fluent in his faith. Rush Limbaugh does a better job explaining Catholic policy that Hannity does at times.
 
40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Sean Hannity is a Republican Apologist who also happens to be Catholic. The caller in question appears to have been a Catholic Apologist who happens to be Republican. Sean Hannity works best when he constrains his conversation to defending Conservative ideology and keeps his religion out of it, because though is is better catechised than, say, Bill O’Reilly, he is still not all that fluent in his faith. Rush Limbaugh does a better job explaining Catholic policy that Hannity does at times.
Scott, I agree with your post. I especially agree with your statement about Rush because I heard him on several occasions after Pope John Paul II passed away and the question of who would be our next Pope was all over the Media. Rush defended Church teaching like a true Catholic Apologist! :clapping: I was so impressed and wished he really WAS Catholic!
 
If anyone has the stomach to see if Hannity corrects (or doesn’t correct) himself re Catholic teaching, do let us non-listening people know, will ya?? I emailed him, but I’m not holding my breath.
 
40.png
jlw:
If anyone has the stomach to see if Hannity corrects (or doesn’t correct) himself re Catholic teaching, do let us non-listening people know, will ya?? I emailed him, but I’m not holding my breath.
**
jlw ~

I imagine he got a lot of response from his statements on Friday from Catholics. I will be listening on today just to see what (if anything) he may have to say for himself.
My bet is that he says nothing.

Ridesawhitehorse **
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top