S
Shorter_name
Guest
Are there alternatives? Yep
Ballet; Ballet often deals with controversial topics such as relationships, passions, sexuality, but also political or other social issues that address to the young and progressive people. This could cause one to sin.
climbing; I guess this is ok unless you consider that one is testing the very laws of putting your life in danger thus toying with death, which some consider a sin.
jiu jitsu; a brazilian form of defense, whoch if used to defend could lead to potentially killing someone. Some could argue that why would you train in something that COULD kill someone.
trapeze; see climbing. While this form of art can really stretch your limits, you could still die doing it…
contemporary dance; don’t get me started on those lyrics.
My point is, just about ANYTHING we do nowadays can be linked to sin. I imagine someone will find fault with just about anything.
Personally? I don’t have a desire to walk into a yoga class. Not because “Catholicism” but because I wasn’t ever flexible even as a kid. Im not going to fool myself into thinking I can do so now. I will say, this is the first I have ever heard of yoga being sinful. I want to know who is going to take up the cause and warn all Catholics? You may be shocked at how many are currently in a state of sin in parishes across the US and beyond.
Ballet; Ballet often deals with controversial topics such as relationships, passions, sexuality, but also political or other social issues that address to the young and progressive people. This could cause one to sin.
climbing; I guess this is ok unless you consider that one is testing the very laws of putting your life in danger thus toying with death, which some consider a sin.
jiu jitsu; a brazilian form of defense, whoch if used to defend could lead to potentially killing someone. Some could argue that why would you train in something that COULD kill someone.
trapeze; see climbing. While this form of art can really stretch your limits, you could still die doing it…
contemporary dance; don’t get me started on those lyrics.
My point is, just about ANYTHING we do nowadays can be linked to sin. I imagine someone will find fault with just about anything.
Personally? I don’t have a desire to walk into a yoga class. Not because “Catholicism” but because I wasn’t ever flexible even as a kid. Im not going to fool myself into thinking I can do so now. I will say, this is the first I have ever heard of yoga being sinful. I want to know who is going to take up the cause and warn all Catholics? You may be shocked at how many are currently in a state of sin in parishes across the US and beyond.