Is it a sin to smoke weed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam1996
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey has been unambiguous this entire thread. You are really putting forth a herculean effort not to get this. I’m not trying to be combative here. It seems we’ve all been in this particular boat before, but it sounds like you’re still trying to keep one foot in it. Is there something going with you that you’re not saying? I’m truly mystified how this thread continues to go in circles. I totally get it. Pot truly is more potent than *most *alcohols (Escoriel Grun, Absinthe, Bacardi 121 et. al. withstanding) and Mickey, an ordained priest, has spoken against more than once.

Are you still using? I pray for you if you are. It’s the only explanation I can think of. Why are you fighting so hard to avoid a very simply-stated conclusion? I know from experience (an experience that you’ve said that you share) that I need to stay away from intoxicants for my own good. There is a lot of hair splitting going on now. Amoeba-hair splitting. Hair-on-a-subatomic-particle hair-splitting.
I’m putting forth the effort anyone would on a thread to have a reasonable discussion. No, I am not using and have been sober for 20 years.

Are you sinning if you drink two vodka tonics? Yes or no? I can’t get an answer’. If you take 1 hit of a joint, are you stoned? Well, it depends on the potency, as well it depends with alcohol on certain factors. The bottom line is if your not drinking to get drunk, your not sinning, that’s what I keep hearing which makes sense. Your not drunk with two or three drinks. Your not always stoned with one or two hits either.

Citing over and over that he is a priest or deacon adds influence but his word is not the beginning and end all. I have cited Catholic apologists on unrelated topics to support certain views, and it had meant little to some… Not that I devalue these (name removed by moderator)uts , but sometimes many feel they are just opinions. I usually don’t and value an apologist or priest , but in this case I feel the deacons opinion is as good as any other thought through opinion on this subject.
 
But, right now, buying marijuana supports either terrorism in the Middle East or the constant violence in Mexico between the drug cartels. Smoking weed therefore (at this moment of history) makes you complicit with the murders south of the border, so, at this moment in history, it would be a sin.
This is completely untrue. Not a word of truth in this. The over whelming majority of marijuana smoked in the united states is grown in the united states, or Vancouver BC. Amsterdam, and the dutch seed banks have been revolutionizing marijuana for the last thirty years on the European side. A majority of our strains started there. The drug wars south of the border are in regards to cocaine and heroin. That’s why it’s called narco terrorism. There used to be lots of pot shipped to america from mexico in the 70’s and before but was considered rag, swag, and dirt weed. They weren’t having wars over it as there wasn’t any money in it really. People also need to remember that marijuana grows wild in many parts of the world.
I think I did a good job with that.
not really
 
Not a word of truth in this below
mexicans are being beheaded in mexico and getting dumped onto freeways by the cartels that are supplying the us with most of it’s pot. The rest of it comes from the middle east predominately, supporting terrorist organizations.

Every time the 20 year old guy takes a toke, he’s supporting the evil system that brings pot into this country. He is in mortal sin just for that.

Yo, potheads! This is rationalization. No more bs scenarios. You *know *better!
 
Pot just has a bad reputation and is not some evil substance. Alcohol has destroyed millions of lives and rightly should have a worse reputation. Still, I think alcohol and pot if used wisely can only lead to sin through abuse and an addictive nature like mine.
 
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth…
 
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth…
You are a BS artist. This is taken waaaay out of context. Waaaaay out of context. Stop being irresponsible with scripture. How dare you.
 
NOT SINFUL unless you just sit around and get stoned all day and do nothing productive.
I think it is a gift. there is (to me) no better way to relax at the end of a hard day of work than a little toke. here’s my reasoning: if you are using a plant that has been used by humans for our entire history as a species, to uplift our spirits, relax, or meditate…where is the sin? i sure don’t know. it is all about moderation and not just being a total stoner.
 
“The U.S. government spent nearly $3.5 million on two television commercials warning Americans who buy illegal drugs – especially young people – that they may be helping to fund terrorism.”

articles.cnn.com/2002-02-04/us/ret.terrorism.drugs_1_illegal-drugs-terrorism-funding-drug-trafficking?_s=PM:US

I think these articles demonstrate that there is more than a shred of truth in what I’ve written here.
Because the illegality has created a mess. Prohibition with booze did the same thing. I’m not saying pot can not have trouble connected with it, but booze has all kind of problems too. Making pot into the evils of the movie “Refer Madness” is archaic . It is a substance that can and has been regulated. Just like a couple beers or a few drinks are relaxing and fun, so can a hit or two of a joint where it is legal. Pharmaceutical drugs that can easily be obtained cause a whole lot of damage in comparison to regulated marijuana.
 
“Mexican cartels, the biggest source of illegal drugs to the United States, have increased the flow of heroin, marijuana and methamphetamines and have become even more powerful, the U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday.”

reuters.com/article/2010/03/25/us-usa-mexico-drugs-idUSTRE62O4JV20100325

“…Mexico continued to pose the single greatest drug trafficking threat to the United States.”
Telling me to get a clue doesn’t mean you’re right. You can site articles from journalists all day, and it doesn’t make you right. Journalism articles are produced out of ignorance in the FIRST PLACE - they think they learned something and give you a story. Quoting the government doesn’t make you right - yea the government who made a movie called reefer madness claiming that it made you psychotic resulting in murder and death. There are over three thousand medical marijuana pharmacies in LA - NOT ONE of these pharmacies is offering marijuana from Mexico. Every single bit of it is grown stateside. Humboldt county California, Vancouver BC, LA county, etc…etc… YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Do the cartels smuggle a little marijuana here, and there OF COURSE. They also smuggle steroids, valium, and xanax. All of these make up a miniscule part of where the real money is. HEROIN, COCAINE, AND METH. They aren’t having drug wars over marijuana. YOU GET A CLUE. There is a whole flipping magazine called High Times in America - it has nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with “mexican marijuana”…when a person buys marijuana in america - I would BET HUGE MONEY that 90% of it was probably grown less than 20 miles from them. I’ve known thousands of weed consuming costumers since the 90’s, and a few hundred right now, and I don’t know one single person who has “mexican marijuana”…sorry
 
i dont know of any saint that was an active pot smoker. This is a general statement and has nothing to do with the original post.

I figure God will help those who are searching.

Best advice from me on this one is go talk to a priest
 
Telling me to get a clue doesn’t mean you’re right. You can site articles from journalists all day, and it doesn’t make you right. Journalism articles are produced out of ignorance in the FIRST PLACE - they think they learned something and give you a story. Quoting the government doesn’t make you right - yea the government who made a movie called reefer madness claiming that it made you psychotic resulting in murder and death. There are over three thousand medical marijuana pharmacies in LA - NOT ONE of these pharmacies is offering marijuana from Mexico. Every single bit of it is grown stateside. Humboldt county California, Vancouver BC, LA county, etc…etc… YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Do the cartels smuggle a little marijuana here, and there OF COURSE. They also smuggle steroids, valium, and xanax. All of these make up a miniscule part of where the real money is. HEROIN, COCAINE, AND METH. They aren’t having drug wars over marijuana. YOU GET A CLUE. There is a whole flipping magazine called High Times in America - it has nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with “mexican marijuana”…when a person buys marijuana in america - I would BET HUGE MONEY that 90% of it was probably grown less than 20 miles from them. I’ve known thousands of weed consuming costumers since the 90’s, and a few hundred right now, and I don’t know one single person who has “mexican marijuana”…sorry
Exactly. thanks for speaking the truth! 90% of my friends are smokers…and all their weed is from local growers. people need to stop scaring people into ridiculous moral grey areas.
 
Telling me to get a clue doesn’t mean you’re right.
Telling you to get a clue is just good advice. I provided sources.

You are Renee Descartes before he arrived at the cogito. It doesn’t pay to doubt everything exists. Take a Philosophy 101 class, get at least a B, and then maybe we can have a logical dialogue.

Goodbye, cruel thread. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but I’ll get over it. :sad_bye:
 
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth…
“…including nightshade.” That doesn’t mean you should burn it and breathe in the smoke.
 
Also, it would be bad and sinful to support organized crime as with the cartels in Mexico. Their violence along would make one consider drug laws though I’m not sure so much marijuana still comes from Mexico but I’d never buy anything that came from the cartels.
 
Also, it would be bad and sinful to support organized crime as with the cartels in Mexico. Their violence along would make one consider drug laws though I’m not sure so much marijuana still comes from Mexico but I’d never buy anything that came from the cartels.
Pot can and has been legal grown in the US. The illegality is what causes the harm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top