E
Epistemes
Guest
I bit the bullet and subscribed to Catholic Match last night and immediately sent a couple of messages to some girls who I am interested in. One of them instantly started chatting with me, and we chatted for a couple of hours. She is this really cute girl who, well, my immediate impression of her is that she’s sweet, kind, a bit of a romantic, very close to her family, but also lonely, kind of impatient, misled faithwise, and sort of desperate. My prime reservations about her already are where she is faithwise (she bought some New Age oracle cards yesterday - but I truly think this was done innocently since the cards are called “Messages From Your Angel” - without knowing that a) New Age is bad and b) New Age is bad) and I don’t want her to settle on me just because I complimented her and we managed to chat surface level for a few hours…but she kept being very explicit: “I’m looking for a guy on here, and I think I found one”; “I think you like me”; “Are you my Prince Charming?”. She got sad when I answered the last question by saying, “I doubt it. I’m no prince, but just a guy who thinks you look like a sweet girl.”
The thing is, I can’t stop thinking about her. All night, in my dreams, and this morning during my prayers, I’ve thought about her…and I don’t even *know *her. It’s like I already care for her! And I “care” for her because I know exactly how she feels, and that is actually making me tear up as I write this. And so, I think about all the things which we do share in common, things which she was glad we share in common, like cooking and baking, gardening and flowers, swimming, lying in the grass in looking up at the stars, bonfires…
This is stupid. I need to grow up.
The thing is, I can’t stop thinking about her. All night, in my dreams, and this morning during my prayers, I’ve thought about her…and I don’t even *know *her. It’s like I already care for her! And I “care” for her because I know exactly how she feels, and that is actually making me tear up as I write this. And so, I think about all the things which we do share in common, things which she was glad we share in common, like cooking and baking, gardening and flowers, swimming, lying in the grass in looking up at the stars, bonfires…
This is stupid. I need to grow up.