Is something wrong with me...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epistemes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, there are always exceptions. Say…you have a severe phone-phobia? :o

No, seriously, this is the situation I find myself in. Fear is a terrible thing. 😊
I have some problems there too. I have to use my willpower to keep my voice together, can’t just sit back and enjoy it unless I somehow manage to (which is probably a sign of much compatibility). However, it’s been a lot of time since I last had opportunity. Anything that’s not a clinical phobia is best handled by simply going through despite it. Don’t try, do, as Master Yoda says. 😉 You can ready some poetry or some other such text before talking on the phone as a warm-up. Worked for me.
 
Anything that’s not a clinical phobia is best handled by simply going through despite it. Don’t try, do, as Master Yoda says. 😉 You can ready some poetry or some other such text before talking on the phone as a warm-up. Worked for me.
Honestly, I think this probably is borderline-clinical. But thanks for the encouragement - it’s one of my New Year’s resolutions. After all, I’ve had his phone number scribbled down for at least 6 months. :o

He keeps encouraging me to call. And I don’t want him to think I’m not interested. (It’s quite the opposite really!!) 😃
 
Honestly, I think this probably is borderline-clinical. But thanks for the encouragement - it’s one of my New Year’s resolutions. After all, I’ve had his phone number scribbled down for at least 6 months. :o

He keeps encouraging me to call. And I don’t want him to think I’m not interested. (It’s quite the opposite really!!) 😃
Take it from another sufferer of phone phobia. Call. Be awkward. It’s okay. You’ll get over it. I don’t have phone phobia with my boyfriend anymore, although I still have it with 90% of the population. Sigh.
 
Take it from another sufferer of phone phobia. Call. Be awkward. It’s okay. You’ll get over it. I don’t have phone phobia with my boyfriend anymore, although I still have it with 90% of the population. Sigh.
I hate talking on the phone. And I worked in a call center (WORST JOB EVER). 😃 I IM’ed with a guy I met on Cathiolic Match, talked for several hours on IM, and thenbecame friends on Facebook, and then nothing. 🤷 I am so not taking the first step.
 
Honestly, I think this probably is borderline-clinical. But thanks for the encouragement - it’s one of my New Year’s resolutions. After all, I’ve had his phone number scribbled down for at least 6 months. :o

He keeps encouraging me to call. And I don’t want him to think I’m not interested. (It’s quite the opposite really!!) 😃
Darn, you’re awakening a romantic in an old lawyer! Trust me, any man with a heart in the right place would be moved by a lady’s faltering voice or shaking hands and if he has any sense in him, he would read it as signs of genuine interest, affection, some form of admiration maybe. I think it would take an immature or jaded man to take it against a woman.
 
I personally think all men have phone phobia…I swear to the Almighty that you all would rather go to war than call a girl. 🤷
 
I personally think all men have phone phobia…I swear to the Almighty that you all would rather go to war than call a girl. 🤷
It’s not fear. It’s annoyance. I can talk for hours in person with people, but not on the phone. Men tend to be visual and tactile.
 
I can handle it but only with a special woman am I relaxed. Sometimes she’s special enough at a given time but not so a while later. Depends where we stand and how we connect.

Obviously, taking the receiver and dealing a girl’s number is comparable to an interview or bracing for courtroom, but it’s all the more fun this way. 😛
 
I personally dislike phone conversations, because I feel I am only getting half the conversation. I am someone who needs to see peoples facial expressions and body language…and I am an introvert…so talking for long periods gets tiring pretty quickly.
 
I hate starting phone calls, especially with people I don’t talk to all of the time. But honestly, once we started talking, my BF and I seem to never run out of things to talk about. It’s been a year and a half and we can still talk forever. The first couple of times I called him, I felt like I would die, but we got over that phase.
 
The first couple of times I called him, I felt like I would die, but we got over that phase.
About how long did that phase last?

I know I can get through the nervousness; I’m just curious about how long it might take. :o
 
Well, you can focus on the vibe of the voice to get some impression. In fact, if you’ve ever wondered why some people stand up for a phone conversation, it’s because people can hear that kind of thing. Same with breath rate or where you’re looking and all other things you can pull off with some acting skills. So, if people can hear it, so can you. Just tune your ear. 😛 Now, I realise this is more difficult from a girl’s point of view because you don’t want to pwn and conquer to the conversation but to have a meaningful one or something like that. 😛
 
Please, please, let us go back to meeting people in person. I met my future husband by simple chance at a library. Maybe even consider asking relatives and friends to scout out possible dates for you, somewhat like the matchmakers of old times. I see nothing good about online dating, personal ads through the newspapers, or any other systems–especially those who want people to pay for this service–which enable people to misrepresent themselves and perhaps even subscribe to these services with the intent of causing harm. There is something wrong, yes, but not with the original poster. What is wrong is the internet dating system which perpetuates dishonesty and may even be dangerous, even on Catholic sites. Peace be with you.
 
There is something wrong, yes, but not with the original poster. What is wrong is the internet dating system which perpetuates dishonesty and may even be dangerous, even on Catholic sites. Peace be with you.
🤷 People can misrepresent themselves in “real life” too, y’know.

I think the Internet can be a great way to meet people, as long as you use it for the tool it is. After all, the odds of me finding anyone locally who is in my age group, and a practicing Catholic, is laughably low. 😛

Nothing wrong with using the Internet to find people - but it doesn’t replace the face-to-face meeting, of course!! I’ve found many of my friends online. I even found a truly wonderful guy right here on this forum. 😃
 
I think the Internet can be a great way to meet people, as long as you use it for the tool it is. After all, the odds of me finding anyone locally who is in my age group, and a practicing Catholic, is laughably low. 😛
Same for me, though not in terms of there not being any but rather in terms of my finding. 😉 I’m not the kind of person to join groups and play group sports and socialise, despite having people skills and no problem speaking in public.
Nothing wrong with using the Internet to find people - but it doesn’t replace the face-to-face meeting, of course!! I’ve found many of my friends online. I even found a truly wonderful guy right here on this forum. 😃
I suppose places to meet people are superior to place to meet people to date because you can meet people normally instead of being faced with pressure to date them.

Oh, and congrats! 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top