"It's Great to Be Here With All of You in Tampa Bay, Minnesota" -- Joe Strikes Biden Again

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, the Eagles story. I don’t really indulge in these stories, I know I make mistakes and so does everyone.

Why is somebody with a personality disorder running for the highest office in our government? Oh wait… Trump doesn’t have a psychological diagnosis of this.

Nor do you have a medical diagnosis of dementia for Mr. Biden. Occasional memory lapses do not equal dementia. We all have them in our 50s and up and are still compos mentis.

Please stop the calumny. Criticize his policies and ideas if you must. But refrain from making remote medical diagnoses. Are you even a doctor? I’m sure you’d be the first to jump in and defend Pres. Trump when his opponents accuse him of mental instability.

So in Christian charity, afford Mr. Biden the same courtesy.
Joe Biden has had two strokes(aneurysms) and it is very common that memory loss is a part of the remnants of these strokes. Because of his age, people wonder if it could be dementia instead but since no tests have been shown this to be true or false, people question his ability.

Last edited:
Yes, the Eagles story. I don’t really indulge in these stories, I know I make mistakes and so does everyone.
Everyone makes a mistake on occasion but usually we know where we are, who we are with and what we are wearing.

Call them" gaffes" to lighten the effect but they are so regular, it is difficult to overlook.

Last edited:
Way to miss my point about the hypocrisy shown by virtually EVERY news outlet.
They’re all garbage, I have said that many times.
I’m not interested in arguing about CNN any more than I am about NBC, Breitbart or Fox.

I strongly dislike them all (and all of the major papers, except maybe The Hill) and where possible I watch feeds with no commentary.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Can we assume you agree with Biden’s platform and the people he surrounds himself with?

Can we assume you agree with Biden’s platform and the people he surrounds himself with?
Assume is to suppose to be the case with out proof.

I am saying that the “Experts” say Biden has a 90% chance of becoming the next president. If they are correct, it is what it is. People have another four years to make their case.

We are not for this world. The world eats its own.

People have another four years to make their case.
Doubtful that the Dems will lose power in my lifetime if Biden is elected. They’ll pack the courts, the Senate, change the demographics of the country, and further weaponize federal agencies. They don’t intend ever to lose power again.

He happens to do it almost daily .
In my opinion, a president who makes a verbal gaffe every day would be preferable to one who makes multiple false or misleading statements every day. According to a New York Times article on October 26:
A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

Two minutes and 28 seconds into a campaign rally on a recent Saturday night in Janesville, Wis., President Trump delivered his first lie.

“When you look at our numbers compared to what’s going on in Europe and other places,” Mr. Trump said about the coronavirus raging across the United States, “we’re doing well.”

The truth? America has more cases and deaths per capita than any major country in Europe but Spain and Belgium. The United States has just 4 percent of the world’s population but accounts for almost a quarter of the global deaths from Covid-19. On Oct. 17, the day of Mr. Trump’s rally in Janesville, cases were rising to record levels across much of the country.

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole.

40.png
gam197:
He happens to do it almost daily .
In my opinion, a president who makes a verbal gaffe every day would be preferable to one who makes multiple false or misleading statements every day. According to a New York Times article on October 26:
A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

Two minutes and 28 seconds into a campaign rally on a recent Saturday night in Janesville, Wis., President Trump delivered his first lie.

“When you look at our numbers compared to what’s going on in Europe and other places,” Mr. Trump said about the coronavirus raging across the United States, “we’re doing well.”

The truth? America has more cases and deaths per capita than any major country in Europe but Spain and Belgium. The United States has just 4 percent of the world’s population but accounts for almost a quarter of the global deaths from Covid-19. On Oct. 17, the day of Mr. Trump’s rally in Janesville, cases were rising to record levels across much of the country.

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole.
New York Times does not name all these so-called false statements because they are not there. List them all if you are a true news organization. . Often the president is talking to the crowd and they understand what he is alluding to.

As far as the “one” mentioned, the Covid 19 virus has resurged in Europe and President really does not get into it much in his rallies. He focuses on economics and policies that affect people financially.

Well that’s what one would expect of a legitimate news source, but they are not that.

Everyone makes a mistake on occasion but usually we know where we are, who we are with and what we are wearing.

Call them" gaffes" to lighten the effect but they are so regular, it is difficult to overlook.
It’s troublesome because it’s just gaffes,
he’s not the absent minded professor preoccupied solving big problems
His brain isn’t engaged elsewhere, it’s just stuck in idle.

Way to miss my point about the hypocrisy shown by virtually EVERY news outlet.
You didn’t say that, you specified CNN.
But it’s nice to see you be clear that you don’t really have any facts to attack the story with.

New York Times does not name all these so-called false statements because they are not there. List them all if you are a true news organization. . Often the president is talking to the crowd and they understand what he is alluding to.

As far as the “one” mentioned, the Covid 19 virus has resurged in Europe and President really does not get into it much in his rallies. He focuses on economics and policies that affect people financially.
It’s true that the article doesn’t list every single one, but it does mention others besides the one about how “we’re doing well” against coronavirus:
In one three-minute stretch in Janesville, the president made eight inaccurate statements that had been fact-checked repeatedly before.

He claimed to have enacted the “biggest tax cut in history” (it wasn’t); that Mr. Biden was “going to raise your taxes substantially, like quadruple” (the Democratic candidate has promised no tax increase for people making less than $400,000); that “everybody owns stocks” (half of the country does not); that “we cut more regulations than any administration in history” (there is no evidence for this); that Mr. Biden would “ban fracking” (he has said he would not); that Democrats would reduce the child tax credit (Mr. Biden has promised to expand it); that it “used to take 18 to 21 years to get a highway built” but that he had reduced the time to two years (the average has been three to six years, and remains three years); and warned that Mr. Biden would impose a “draconian, unscientific lockdown” (Mr. Biden has said that if scientists believed it was necessary, “I would shut it down, I would listen to the scientists”).

Mr. Trump also claimed several times to have “rebuilt” a “depleted” military — a vast overstatement he has made since spring 2017.

He told the crowd that his policies had “brought back many car plants” and that previous administrations “hadn’t brought back a plant, I think, it’s 42 years” — a falsehood repeated in State of the Union addresses and in an earlier speech that same day in Michigan.

Last edited:
Twitter flags doctored video purportedly showing Biden addressing wrong state
That’s anti-conservative bias!
It’s violation of my free speech!
Who made them the arbiters of truth!

None of the above are descriptive of my position. But those responses came to mind.
But seriously, there’s a hearing in 15 days about how they handled election misinformation.

Shortly after voting to move forward with a pair of subpoenas, the Senate Judiciary Committee has reached an agreement that will see the CEOs of two major social platforms testify voluntarily in November. The hearing will be the second major congressional appearance by tech CEOs arranged this month.

Twitter’s Jack Dorsey and Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg will answer questions at the hearing, set for November 17 — two weeks after election day. The Republican-led committee is chaired by South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, who set the agenda to include the “platforms’ censorship and suppression of New York Post articles.”

According to a new press release from the committee, lawmakers also plan to use the proceedings as a high-profile port-mortem on how Twitter and Facebook fared on and after election day — an issue that lawmakers on both sides will undoubtedly be happy to dig into.

Last edited:
You said:
Why is a dementia patient running for the highest office in our govrrnment.?
Dementia is a medical diagnosis. Did you administer an MMSE test to the patient?

Forgetfulness does not equal dementia.

40.png
gam197:
It’s true that the article doesn’t list every single one, but it does mention others besides the one about how “we’re doing well” against coronavirus:
In one three-minute stretch in Janesville, the president made eight inaccurate statements that had been fact-checked repeatedly before.

He claimed to have enacted the “biggest tax cut in history” (it wasn’t); that Mr. Biden was “going to raise your taxes substantially, like quadruple” (the Democratic candidate has promised no tax increase for people making less than $400,000); that “everybody owns stocks” (half of the country does not); that “we cut more regulations than any administration in history” (there is no evidence for this); that Mr. Biden would “ban fracking” (he has said he would not); that Democrats would reduce the child tax credit (Mr. Biden has promised to expand it); that it “used to take 18 to 21 years to get a highway built” but that he had reduced the time to two years (the average has been three to six years, and remains three years); and warned that Mr. Biden would impose a “draconian, unscientific lockdown” (Mr. Biden has said that if scientists believed it was necessary, “I would shut it down, I would listen to the scientists”).

Mr. Trump also claimed several times to have “rebuilt” a “depleted” military — a vast overstatement he has made since spring 2017.

He told the crowd that his policies had “brought back many car plants” and that previous administrations “hadn’t brought back a plant, I think, it’s 42 years” — a falsehood repeated in State of the Union addresses and in an earlier speech that same day in Michigan.
Seriously, don’t all politicians tell us all the things they are doing or have done, and is it not relative to the situation. It is not a direct lie or maybe it is but it is just the way it has always been.

Trump’s claim that everyone owns stocks is just words. We know everyone does not own stocks but those that do are doing well. Yes Biden has promised no direct tax cut to those under 400,000 but once he takes office imposes new tax rates for business and wealthy, they often reflect the economy. If the economy goes south, people hurt.

All politicians talk about political jargon and what Trump does is not different than what Biden does. Remember Obama and “You can keep your doctor”. Well, you can’t keep your doctor but that no longer matters because the bill was passed.

The NYTimes article is bogus itself because it puts out outrageous numbers of “falsehoods” while only listing a few.

Last edited:
ANOTHER POSTER BROUGHT UP DEMENTIA SUFFERERS AND DEMENTIA PATIENTS AND I WAS RESPONDING TO HIS POST.
The problem with your defense here is that that poster never said that Joe Biden has dementia. I don’t know if you misunderstood him or were being snarky but he definitely never said it.

They should not have created this story but just goes to show that many of us believed it because Joe Biden has done the same thing so many times when he is addressing the events. He often does not know where he is or makes a gaffe and says the wrong place or the wrong office or person.

It did not seem unreasonable that he would again say the wrong thing.
There really is no justification for lying and deceit. Its wrong if anyone does it. Trump or Biden people should be called out for doing it. Secular society morals reset is something we Catholics should push, and it starts by calling out all that deceitful lying.
Happens in my country too but not as overtly as in yours.

Both Trump and Biden say the wrong thing at times and stumble over words. Trump and his crew always dismiss it as ‘joking’
We could start with the disinfectant gaffe that was dismissed as a ‘joke’

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back