Jewish responses to Jesus as the Messiah

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolduude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most arguments I see against the Messiah being Jesus and Jesus being divine come down to buying into that person’s PERSONAL interpretation and authority. Seem very much like the tired old arguments a Protestant would make.

In fact the argument against the Celibacy of the Priesthood IS straight out of Protestantism 101 class.

This is probably because BOTH rejections stem from the same “well I interpret it this way” type of mentality where they take the exact opposite interpretation.
For instance… God becoming MAN, in Christianity says a lot about his compassion, his mercy, his love. In Judaism… it diminishes God.

What stood out to ME from the original link is:
  1. Judaism is no more based on direct communication from God then Catholicism is.
    Has God spoken to the Jews, directly from the clouds in over 6,000 years? - NO
    Do modern Jews interpret things for themselves and modify and change things they don’t like - YES (sola scriptura?)
    Does that diminish credibility and the “oneness” that Jews claim – YES
    Is there any central authority in Judaism to keep everyone on the same page? - NO there are different sects, different rabbis teaching different things. Anyone can interpret the Bible for themselves in Judaism and justify their actions. Just like in Protestantism. At least Catholicism has a Magestruim, a central authority as a final interpreter and answer.
Judaism is based mainly on prophets who God spoke directly to… NOT the people themselves. The people believed the Prophets…even though 99% of them never heard God directly.

I find it ironic that a Jewish person used this type of argument and shows that they aren’t being intellectually honest about their faith.
  1. Catholicism HAS answered the objections… They are more simple…“He did, not in the way you wanted him to” - That IS an answer. The Jewish arguments seem to take very limited and very human. Very much like God must conform to THEIR ideas and concepts. The OT and NT are both awash with people who have this mentality; failing to realize the truth and heading off in the wrong direction.
  2. I think anyone can see that the OT is full of the Jews struggle to follow God and do so consistently and staying true to themselves and their identity. Yet, I find it ironic that they are sooo sure they have the messiah prophesies so clearly and perfectly defined that their is NO room that Christ is NOT the messiah.
  3. the whole David line seems like a chicken n egg argument. By JEWISH law… Christ is NOT of the house and line of David because how THEY define it, it must be from a Biological Father’s line. Adoption doesn’t count. This is by THEIR definition and they expect God to conform to THEIR laws. They limit God, they define the terms. As if THEY control who the messiah is. 4a) Hebrew language is very imprecise in how it uses words. In a tribal society, one word can have many meanings. Such is the case with Hebrew. It is convenient that the word which can be interpreted as “virgin” can also be simply used as “young woman” as usually young women or girls are virgins. IF, however the word used in the OT does mean virgin…then by Jewish law… NO ONE can be the messiah as no one can be both virgin AND be of David’s line on the father’s side.
  4. I found it interesting that the Jewish argument said that ANY Jew can be the Messiah… it is just that no one has stepped up to do it. SO, there is no FAITH invovled, no TRUST in God… Results speak. The Religion is based on recognizing the Messiah AFTER THE FACT. But wait… the Messiah could have been anyone, But only a person that fits THEIR interpretations and expectations.
    The logical rebuttal is what if they are WRONG about their expectations, their interpretations? THEN it could be anyone… including Jesus. They just might not realize it since they are awaiting certain results.
I think you may want to read the following passages from the Tanach Exodus 19:16-20,20:1-3,20:15,19,24:17, Deut.4:9-14,4:32-35,5:2-4,5:19-22,9:10,10:4 and Deut.4:32-35

After you do I’m pretty sure you may want to correct your post.
 
I think you may want to read the following passages from the Tanach Exodus 19:16-20,20:1-3,20:15,19,24:17, Deut.4:9-14,4:32-35,5:2-4,5:19-22,9:10,10:4 and Deut.4:32-35

After you do I’m pretty sure you may want to correct your post.
What he posts is pretty accurate, per your biblical passages. The last time God tried talking to all Jews at once, the people got scared and told Moses to go listen for them and relay the message. Everything else is pretty solid. I was going to take issue with his stating “has God spoke to the Jewish people from the Clouds in over 6,000 years”, but later in the post he clarified that God did indeed speak to the prophets.

Now why Jews are deciding to propetiate their incomplete faith in God, rather than live in the fulfilled faith offered by God’s fulfilled promise of the Messiah I have no idea. One of the main reasons why Jews rejected Christ and his Church originally was a fear of loss of culture, the identity they built over the years. It’s sad that our own human traditions would get in the way of accepting God, something Christ mentioned durring his ministry 😦
 
My first comment to this is “WHAT” Jewish authority came up with the laundry list of things the Messiah must accomplish? My second comment is WHAT constitutes a Jew in this day and age? WHO is a Jew - a person who resides in the secular modern state of Israel who believes in 1 of the 3 widely different Jewish sects’ teaching or is he one of the ethnic Jews who might now very well be an atheist and conforms to some of the traditions like putting sea salt on everything to make it kosher or refusing anyone in his family from marrying a Gentile? The point here is that there are NO Jewish religious authorities and spokespersons who can tell us precisely what the Messiah MUST do anymore than there are any two Jews who can agree on what constitutes a Jew anymore.

At the bottom of that why for heaven’s sake would ANYONE trust a Jew to tell them what the Messiah must do when the Jews FOLLOWED AT LEAST TWO POST-CHRISTIAN FALSE MESSIAHS!!!

Don’t get pulled down the cart path of false pedigree. The Jews are not to be considered experts in anything other than in disobedience and falling away. Judging by the fact that the al-Aqsa Mosque sits on the site of the destroyed Jewish Temple (temple Mount) and the fact that there has been no Jewish temple worship for 2,000 years and have followed false messiahs to their own destruction its very clear that the Jews are not in God’s favor and have nothing useful or credible to say to the world anymore. So why take them seriously at all and even waste your breath on strawman arguments that come from false pedigree? Christianity is the new Israel and the Jews that refuse to convert are simply left behind to their errors and should not be consulted with in any Christian matter such as “what the Messiah MUST do”. Baloney!

Jews need to ask why they have been living under a curse for 2,000 years and why they have never really prospered since they turned over Christ for crucifixation. Cause and effect should make the answer to that question more than obvious.

James
Oh I’m not really sure that your claim that Christianity and Christian anti-Semitism is a punishment of God for the Jews is correct. Now as for Jews having nothing useful or credible to say to the world, this is only to be expected as we make up only some two tenths of one per cent of the world’s population and have only been allowed to begin to integrate in the general population in the last two hundred years. To prove your point why don’t you not use or contemplate anything from the cursed Jews for the next few hours (before you turn off your computer you can use google for ten minutes to help you out from being exposed to cursed Jew stuff (eg. google co-founded by a Jew, uses advanced Israeli developed algorithms, Israeli chip google nexus telephone, cell phone invented and developed Motorola Israel, camera chip for cell phone developed Israel - however remember if you get a heart attack from all the cursed Jew stuff you can make an exception and use the Jewish invented defibrillator).🤷
 
I think you may want to read the following passages from the Tanach Exodus 19:16-20,20:1-3,20:15,19,24:17, Deut.4:9-14,4:32-35,5:2-4,5:19-22,9:10,10:4 and Deut.4:32-35

After you do I’m pretty sure you may want to correct your post.
Read those verses… I don’t see how that rebuttals what I’ve said. I see those verses as agreeing with my point. Unless, that is… you expect me to buy into how you personally interpret those verses and read into them the exact same way as you do. To me, these are not tell us that the people literally heard God, at all. No more then if I say “in the words of Pope John Paul” or say “As Pope John Paul said” - I never heard Pope John Paul speak… so I am relying on what is written and what I’ve heard others say about him.

Also, remember that the books were not written as they happened but many years or centuries later. Relying on them as LITERAL truth and not figurative truth or trying to relay philosophical/religous truths is debatable.

The reality is that the people heard thunder, only Moses heard and spoke with God. Secondly, The same COULD be said about Catholicism… we have recorded that MANY people have heard God speak to them (patron saints usually). So in the same way, our faith TOO is based on first hand accounts.
The Apostles are ANOTHER kind of first hand account as well, in addition to the Patron Saints.

One arguer said that “miraculous signs” do not prove anything. One can experience or even perform miraculous signs and not mean anything. However, another Jewish person will point to the miraculous signs of the Prophets and the people experiencing God’s presence as PROOF POSITIVE.
You can’t have it both ways.

However, even Catholicism has miraculous signs with God speaking to crowds. So what now?

My point is that many make blind assertions, believe the interpretation of their own group over that of another and their arguments ONLY make sense IF you buy into that person’s personal interpertation.

The fact that a Jewish person reads those verses and finds only ONE interpretation and based on that… won’t consider anything else, is just like the Fundamentalist Protestant’s arrogant use of Sola Scriptura.

Otherwise, I interpret those verses differently… Now we are in a fight about WHO is MORE right. Who has more authority. It will likely de-evolve into a contest of verses. Who has a more impressive list of scripture to prove their point. A fight that Protestant sects frequently get into when everything is based on the bible only.

SO, show me some extra biblical authority, which is not yourself, which gives your interpretation credibility, otherwise, I can all too easily disagree with your interpretation.

Which is, if I may be so bold, is what the Jews who did not convert did originally with Jesus’s teachings and the teachings of the Apostles.

And really, that argument can easily be made by ANYONE to doubt the existence of God or pretty much any religion.

I mean why should I believe that people heard an invisible God in a cloud talk to them? Where’s the PROOF?, the RESULTS?

If I judge the Messiah on RESULTS… then Jesus is a better mesiah then NOTHING. The Catholic church has spread all over the globe, bringing God’s Kingdom to every corner. Is the largest non-governmental provider of health care, education and relief aid on the planet.
The Jewish faith is shrinking… Catholicism increasing by 2-6% annually by some estimates.
 
Wow! I just found the best link that covers this exact question!

Bishop, I hope you’re reading this so you can check it out for yourself (be warned- it’s a very, very long answer):

christian-thinktank.com/falsechrist.html
Christian Thinktank is a great site–it is one of the apologetics resources that I read when I was learning about Jesus. Ultimately, God did grace me with faith that Jesus is the Christ, which was pretty shocking to me as a Jew who had been taught that he wasn’t.
 
What he posts is pretty accurate, per your biblical passages. The last time God tried talking to all Jews at once, the people got scared and told Moses to go listen for them and relay the message. Everything else is pretty solid. I was going to take issue with his stating “has God spoke to the Jewish people from the Clouds in over 6,000 years”, but later in the post he clarified that God did indeed speak to the prophets.

Now why Jews are deciding to propetiate their incomplete faith in God, rather than live in the fulfilled faith offered by God’s fulfilled promise of the Messiah I have no idea. One of the main reasons why Jews rejected Christ and his Church originally was a fear of loss of culture, the identity they built over the years. It’s sad that our own human traditions would get in the way of accepting God, something Christ mentioned durring his ministry 😦
God revealed Himself to the entire nation of Israel, this has never happened before or since. Jews are bound forever in their eternal covenant between God and the Jewish nation. We are God’s witnesses and His servant (Isaiah 43:10)` We are God’s kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Exodus 19:6) It is our job to be a light to the nations to open blind eyes (Isaiah 42:6)Through us the Messiah ben David will come into the world (Jeremiah 23:5, 1 Chronicles 17:11-12) ).We must demonstrate how human beings are supposed to relate to one another and to God. We must bring to you an understanding of ethical monotheism, to bring God and Torah to the world and through the Messiah ben David the entire world will be brought to the knowledge of God. We will not abandon this role. To do so would be to cut ourselves forever from God in the world to come.
 
Christian Thinktank is a great site–it is one of the apologetics resources that I read when I was learning about Jesus. Ultimately, God did grace me with faith that Jesus is the Christ, which was pretty shocking to me as a Jew who had been taught that he wasn’t.
Could you explain what led you to conversion and the realization that Jesus is the Christ? I think we’ve all heard Chosen People’s views so it would be nice to get some balance. Care to share? You don’t have to I suppose.
 
You did not offend me 🙂 . I have a heavy Jewish ancestry and I have a deep respect for Judaism. Yet I am Catholic and I am wholeheartedly convinced of the truth of Catholicism. Jewish objections always seem too technical, like when lawyers use minor formal vices in court processes to circumvent the spirit of the law. They concentrate on formal things - like whether Jesus was violating the Law by curing people on Saturdays, or whether He would always do the appropriate Kosher thing - instead of looking at the most important things - whether Jesus founded His Mystical Body or not, whether His message conforms to the messages of the Old Testament or not, whether His prophesies about the destruction of Israel would have important consequences or not, whether He ressurected or not, etc. In the end it all boils down to you believing whether Jesus ressurected from the dead or not.
👍

As a Jew who converted, I concur with your observations regarding Jewish objections.

The more and more I read Jewish objections, I eventually began to see that there was a lot of denial going on, a lot of “No, I don’t wanna see it, even if it is true” type of attitude.

I eventually read some excellent apologetics by a Jewish convert who is also a Ph.D in Near Eastern languages–these are excellent resources for those who wish to understand how to address the more involved and complex Jewish objections. The name of the book series (4 volumes last time I checked) is “Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus” by Michael Brown.
 
Could you explain what led you to conversion and the realization that Jesus is the Christ? I think we’ve all heard Chosen People’s views so it would be nice to get some balance. Care to share? You don’t have to I suppose.
Hi Cool Dude,

I’ve actually written bits and pieces about my conversion in some other threads on CAF. I can look up which thread they were and paste the links for you, but please do me a favor and remind me if I forget to do this…this afternoon I am making my first-ever confession (eek!) and I am getting ready to leave to go to church very shortly, so I cannot do it right now.

Seriously, nudge me if I forget, ok?

~Sablouwho
 
Hi Cool Dude,

I’ve actually written bits and pieces about my conversion in some other threads on CAF. I can look up which thread they were and paste the links for you, but please do me a favor and remind me if I forget to do this…this afternoon I am making my first-ever confession (eek!) and I am getting ready to leave to go to church very shortly, so I cannot do it right now.

Seriously, nudge me if I forget, ok?

~Sablouwho
Haha ok 👍

Good luck at Confession! 😃 it’s a beautiful sacrament and can really help you master yourself if you use it often. 🙂 good luck!
 
Has God ever allowed any king/nation to rule the whole world? Whether known or “unknown”. Jesus is the Messiah because he told us how to live in this world to make it the Kingdom of God- Love God with all your heart and soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.If everyone in the world did this always what would happen? It would be the Kingdom of God!

Doesn’t matter that there are stipulations that may be “not met”. If everyone just did this how joyous a world it would be.
 
Here’s a good site to this:
simpletoremember.com/articles/a/jewsandjesus/

so as a Christian, how do we respond to these arguments? I must admit that Jesus did fulfill many prophecies, however based on my understading of Judaism the Messiah was to fullfill all the prophecies in one life (in other words no Second Coming). Jesus did not fulfill all the prophecies while he was here on earth so it seems like the Jews have a point.

How do Christians rebut all these arguments? Maybe I’m missing some Biblical stuff so could you guys fill me in here?

Coolduude.
I would not consider the pedigree of the Jews to be credible for establishing a rational criteria for what the Messiah MUST DO to pass THEIR TEST to be considered valid. Messiah needs no one’s approval to validate Him. He comes by His own authority. Except for an academic exercise why bother arguing against a false list? Who speaks for Jews? There is NO commonly recognized authority who speaks for the Jews. In fact there are 3 primary Jewish factions who agree on very little among themselves.

Examine the Jewish record.
  1. They did not recognize Jesus of Nazareth in the positive sense of Messiah when they turned Him over to the Romans for crucifixation; 2) They substantially followed at least 2 false post-Jesus Messiahs who they felt was the real messiah to their own destruction.
That’s striking out three times for three attempts in a row according to my reckoning.
Short List of Post-Jesus False Jewish Messiahs With Substantial Jewish Following:
  • Menahem ben Judah (unknown date - after Christ), allegedly son of Judas of Galilee, partook in a revolt against Agrippa II before being slain by a rival Zealot leader.
  • Simon bar Kokhba (?- ca. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.
  • Moses of Crete (?), who in about 440-470 convinced the Jews of Crete to attempt to walk into the sea to return to Israel; he disappeared after that disaster.
  • Ishak ben Ya’kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684-705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.
Anyone disagree? 🤷

James
 
Haha ok 👍

Good luck at Confession! 😃 it’s a beautiful sacrament and can really help you master yourself if you use it often. 🙂 good luck!
Okay, I’m back from my first confession! Yay!

(Earlier today, Cool Dude had asked about how I converted from Judaism to Christianity, and I promised I would get back to him with some links to prior threads where I have talked about my road to Damascus-like conversion experience.)

Here is the first post where I talked about my conversion, and here is another post in the same thread. There are a few more posts I made in that thread that you may want to check out…it isn’t a long thread so you won’t have to wade through lots of conversation.

I don’t remember if I had included this tidbit in the “testimony” that I gave in the links above, so I will say here that one thing that really put me over the edge in favor of Jesus was reading the Jewish objections to him. I read a LOT of them, and the more of them I read, the more and more I could see how my own people DID NOT, at all costs, want to see what was becoming clearer and clearer to me. The more I read, the more I saw circular or flawed logic in these counter-missionary posts. It is quite ironic, but Jewish anti-Jesus apologetics pushed me right into Jesus’ arms.

I hope that this answers your question–please feel free to ask questions if there is additional info you want to know.
 
Wow! What an amazing story! That’s great that you were able to convert 🙂

So what language of tongues do you speak? Is it Latin, Greek, Aramaic, all 3? I’ve always wanted to speak classical Latin (you know, like they used to in church. Or is that ecclesiastial (spelling) Latin?) either way, Latin would be awesome to speak. A good place to hear the Latin I’m talking about is in Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ. The Romans speak it and it’s such a great language.

So you got baptized into a Protestant church? And I’m guessing (from the ‘RCIA candidate’ line) that you found your way home to the RCC? Now, as a convert from Judasim, could you tell the RCC was ‘different’ or anything? I guess to Christians a lot of denominations look the same so the RCC doesn’t have a chance to stand out. But from an outsiders perspective is it different or anything? More ‘complete’ maybe?

Also, (last thing, I promise! I just don’t have the chance to converse with a Jewish convert very often :o) why don’t the Jews accept Jesus? What is it that they won’t accept Him? You said that they resist Jesus ‘at all costs’. Why is that do you think?

Oh wait last thing (I lied above I guess :p). How was your first Confession?
 
Wow! What an amazing story! That’s great that you were able to convert 🙂

So what language of tongues do you speak? Is it Latin, Greek, Aramaic, all 3?
I wish I knew…but, sigh, I cannot tell. But yeah, I know what you mean, I wish I knew Latin too.
So you got baptized into a Protestant church?
Yes and no. Technically I was baptized by a Protestant minister (Presbyterian to be specific), but it was done on a beach in Malibu (I live in Los Angeles) rather than in the church building. (I was given a choice and I choose the beach because it seemed more “Jewish” to me since, when a gentile converts to Judaism, they must be immersed in a running body of water, or a ritual bath called a mikveh. So the Pacific Ocean seemed appropriate)
And I’m guessing (from the ‘RCIA candidate’ line) that you found your way home to the RCC?
Yes, though not without a lot of times going “splat”. Starting in 2008, I’ve tried a few different RCIA programs, and never got past being an inquirer. However, my current RCIA program is awesome, and I am finally going to enter the church. Honestly, I wasn’t ready back in 2008–I had too many hang-ups about Mary and the Saints at the time. Now, though, I really think that part of it is cool, and I’ve been praying the rosary daily during Lent.
Now, as a convert from Judasim, could you tell the RCC was ‘different’ or anything? I guess to Christians a lot of denominations look the same so the RCC doesn’t have a chance to stand out. But from an outsiders perspective is it different or anything? More ‘complete’ maybe?
Well, to me, the mass is way more Jewish in feeling than any worship service I’ve experienced in Protestant churches. I cannot recall right now but there are specific words in the mass that are pretty much straight out of Jewish practice. When I first saw the priest wash his hands and break the host, I was thinking “Hey, you are doing Passover–that’s OUR ritual–go and get YOUR OWN rituals.” Duh! 😊
Also, (last thing, I promise! I just don’t have the chance to converse with a Jewish convert very often :o) why don’t the Jews accept Jesus? What is it that they won’t accept Him? You said that they resist Jesus ‘at all costs’. Why is that do you think?
Many reasons, but here are two that I think are big ones are that:


  1. *]We are “inoculated” against believing in Jesus from a young age, or at least I was. I remember distinctly hearing things like “oh, it wasn’t Jesus’ fault–it was Paul who created a new religion” and “Christians don’t know their Hebrew very well and they mis-translate key passages in scripture and that is why they think Jesus is the Messiah”. Also, we’re taught that Jesus didn’t fulfill the messianic expectations.
    *]Jewish identity is something that is very important to (many) Jews, even secular Jews. In many ways, the idea of becoming a believer in Jesus is VERY unpalatable because it is totally foreign, and it appears that it would mean giving up one’s identity as a Jew. This is very hard to explain to non-Jews–the best example I can give is to try and imagine someone telling me that although I’m a woman, that I’d be happier as a man and they are going to give me a sex-change. My identity is very much tied to my gender and I have no desire to change it–to me made into a man doesn’t sound very appealing to me, not because I don’t like men, but because I like being female and wouldn’t know who I was if I were in a male body. I hope that this analogy makes some sense even though it is far from a perfect one.
    Oh wait last thing (I lied above I guess :p). How was your first Confession?
    LOL, it went just fine! I knew the priest a little bit and I picked him especially for this first time. Thanks for asking!
 
Also, (last thing, I promise! I just don’t have the chance to converse with a Jewish convert very often :o) why don’t the Jews accept Jesus? What is it that they won’t accept Him? You said that they resist Jesus ‘at all costs’. Why is that do you think?
Another thought on this…

It is hard to give up everything you know, everything you grew up with. People don’t like change and our worldviews are very tied up into what we are already familiar with. Accepting Jesus is a big change, and this can be extremely uncomfortable.

And, then there is anti-semitism. Crosses and crucifixes can be a very scary symbol to a Jew. It can conjure up ideas of the persecution of our ancestors at the hands of “Christians”. So, accepting Jesus, when so many Christians have acted so horribly can be very, very hard.

Finally, I honestly believe that it is hard to admit to being wrong about something, especially when much of your life is vested in a certain way of “doing” life and thinking about yourself and your identity. No one likes to be wrong, and who would want to admit to being wrong about the biggest question in the history of the world? :rolleyes:

I hope that this makes sense. If you have more questions, I will do my best to answer them.
 
Wow! I just found the best link that covers this exact question!

Bishop, I hope you’re reading this so you can check it out for yourself (be warned- it’s a very, very long answer):

christian-thinktank.com/falsechrist.html
This is quite a good link - thanks. It just goes to show that God does not conform to any one’s preconceived notions of how prophecy unfolds. And its almost as if God does things in ways to confound human wisdom to prevent anyone from gaming His Divine Plan and trying to tell God what he must do before people accept His Messiah. It’s clear that the Jews of Jesus’ time fell headlong into Simeon’s prophecy and also the prophesy about Messiah being a stumbling stone:

*Luke 2:33-35
34And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary (J)His mother, “Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed– 35and a sword will pierce even your own soul–to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed.”

Isaiah 8:14 Then He shall become a sanctuary;
But to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over,
And a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.*

The fundamental problem that the Jews never answer about Jesus of Nazareth is that they all knew that the Messiah could come as a blessing or bringing a curse. The cursing of the fig tree in the NT accounts is key to understanding that Messiah came as the latter since Messiah found rampant corruption and hypocrisy. I am told that the cursing of the fig tree was an oral tradition teaching of the Jews as one of the signs that Messiah could do to prove himself if he came not in the sense of a Messiah, son of David as conqueror but rather as Messiah, son of Joseph as the suffering servant. The Christian 2nd comming prophecy easily fulfills all OT accounts of Messiah.

James
 
God revealed Himself to the entire nation of Israel, this has never happened before or since. Jews are bound forever in their eternal covenant between God and the Jewish nation. We are God’s witnesses and His servant (Isaiah 43:10)` We are God’s kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Exodus 19:6) It is our job to be a light to the nations to open blind eyes (Isaiah 42:6)Through us the Messiah ben David will come into the world (Jeremiah 23:5, 1 Chronicles 17:11-12) ).We must demonstrate how human beings are supposed to relate to one another and to God. We must bring to you an understanding of ethical monotheism, to bring God and Torah to the world and through the Messiah ben David the entire world will be brought to the knowledge of God. We will not abandon this role. To do so would be to cut ourselves forever from God in the world to come.
You really didn’t address any point I made, and I agree that was the mission of the people of Isreal. The Massiah did come in Christ Jesus, he is the way the truth and the light. I would challenge you, to read a bible (I will provide links to two versions), specifically the new testament, and ponder the perfect links between new and old. You can’t make this up, it fits together aboslutly perfectly. And with that:

Douay Rheims - English translation of Latin Vulgate
drbo.org/

New Jerusalem Bible
catholic.org/bible/

Which ever you prefer, they’re both strong. I would recommend starting with the Gosple of Matthew, if you wish I can provide you with some links to study from. I would also suggest ion you take a look at jews for Jesus as I linked previously. Additional study material can be found here:

salvationhistory.com/

Free bible studies. This is a challenge sir (friendly one, but a challenge none-the-less) 🙂
 
I have not had enough time to read all the posts or the full Jewish website given, but one Christian minister left Christianity and became a Jewish rabbi. One of the reasons he gave for leaving Christianity is because he did not believe Christ had actually spent three days and nights in the grave as he had prophecied. The man was wrong. He just did not understand that the phrase “three nights and three days” was an idiom and that the Jewish way of recording time in both the New and Old Testaments was different from ours. Every part of a day had a night attached to it even if the night was not completed.

I will give an example: In the Book of Esther in the Old Testament, it says in Esther 4:16 that Esther told Mardochai to tell all the Jews to fast from water and food for three days and three nights, and that she would do the same. Yet in Esther chapter 5 it says that on the third day Esther put on fine apparel and gave a banquet. Evidently, any part of the third day could be considered three nights and three days. So Christ’s rising on Sunday morning could be considered three days and three nights.

Also, Jonah was not actually three whole days and three whole nights in the whale as we understand it either according to the Book of Jonah. In Jonah 1:17 - 2:10 he was cast into the water one day and swallowed by a whale and spit out on the third day which would only include two nights.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top