Joyce Meyer Ministries

• Thread starter Thread starter Xenon-135
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xenon-135

There’s been much to do about Mrs. Meyer in the past recent months.

Just wanted to take a sample of what you all know about her ministry and the network of Trinity Broadcasting Preachers.

I actually saw a Fr. Michael Manning doing a show on there. I wonder if he is really a Catholic priest?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you all

As in all the churches of God’s holy people , w o m e n are to remain q u i e t in the assemblies …

I Corithians14:34

Well, does she ? What about her congregation whom she leads on like a stand-up routine.?Without going into any more, I find the women a total sham and wouldn’t have her “pastor” me if she was the last Christian minister on earth.Why do they clap and laugh so hysterically at what she says ?

I turn her off , you don’t have the voices in your house.

Father Manning is a real Catholic priest, of the Society of the Divine Word (Societas Verbi Divini), a missionary order.
svd-ca.com/index_f.htm He uses TV to evangelize – a voice of sanity in the chaos of Protestantism.

About Joyce, my mama told me if I didn’t have anything good to say about someone, to say nothing :p.

And the same goes for Jan and Paul Crouch and their expensive wigs and clothes and the entire money-making, money-raking TBN operation.

Jay - Ex-Protestant
Delighted to be Catholic!

I have Protestant friend who really like listening to JM and wanted to know what I thought about her. I didn’t know much about her (except seeing her on TV in passing once or twice), so I did a little research and found a short article from CRI that pointed out some problems in her theology, mostly leaning toward the health-and-wealth-gospel camp.

I personally have an aversion to preachers of any stripe who’s ministry is one of a cult of personality rather than relying on the strength and beauty of the Gospel. But that’s just me.

40.png
Xenon-135:
There’s been much to do about Mrs. Meyer in the past recent months.

Just wanted to take a sample of what you all know about her ministry and the network of Trinity Broadcasting Preachers.

I actually saw a Fr. Michael Manning doing a show on there. I wonder if he is really a Catholic priest?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you all
Sad to say that Joyce Meyers and most of the TBN are WOF (Word of Faith) teachers (false teachers). But the TBN does have some truly Biblical shows on from time to time like Dr. Charles Stanley.

TBN is all about making $$$Money$$$, and I don’t take that network seriously at all - but it is refreshing to see truly Biblical programs on there from time to time.

Now wait a minute! If someone is preaching something false, you have a fundamental right as a Christian to say so whether it sounds nice or no.Can you imagine Jesus’ Mother telling Him to pipe down about those whited sepulchres the Scribes and Pharisees and that it wasn’t nice to tell the traders in the Temple to get out and to physically overturn their tables.

The Word of Faith people are deluding others.They have to be stopped.If she’s fallen from grace, we can pray for her-but she’s running contrary to Scripture in so much.It’s back to theatricality…it will not wash…interesting that Jesus took a word hypocrite which meant a player or an actor to castigate a false spiritual teacher.
Well stand-up routines?

Can you think what would happen to half of this board if we suffered in silence what people are doing in churches because it’s not nice to say so ?

Do you remember a saying “Error has no rights”?

Boy ol’ boy, I’m with dissolutioned. By God, hes right, ERROR HAS NO RIGHTS!

Unfortunately its that very zeal that has thrust me into error, and probably turned many away from the Catholic Church.

I am void of the charity for which St. Francis de Sales spoke so eloquently of, and which Jesus so graciously lived as our example.

I am so akin to “just let me bash 'em a good one and that’ll learn ‘em somethin’!”, when, after its all said and done, if I turely cared to serve the will of God over my own will, then perhaps my approach to these in error might be modified such that I can embrace the truth, without diving into error myself.

I pray to the Lord our God, and to you, my Brothers and Sisters, for pardon for my tresspasses and failures, and for the encouragement that I can embrace the love and charity that Christ provided for us all.

The St. Louis Post Dispatch did an interesting feature article on her late last year. Go here to read it. Its an eye-opener.

Meyer’s 20 or so conferences each year, where followers usually have their only opportunity to see and hear her live, are part old-fashioned tent revival, part motivational rally and part unrelenting sales pitch.

I don’t watch the TBN, but i believe Fr. Michael Manning is a lone Catholic on that Network.
I can’t say I know Fr. Manning personally, but I know of him and his ministy, and live but walking distance from the seminary His lives at.

I think the reason Fr. Manning is allowed on TBN is because in his shows he talks about everyday struggles that we may face in life, and he shares on how we can put Christ in each situation.
He never talks about difference of beliefs or difference of worship, so he fits on the TBNetwork, because any Christian can relate.

About a year or two ago, I was invited by a friend who’s mom works for Fr. Manning. They were taping a Mass/Show and needed people to be in the seats for the mass and Fr. Mannings homilies.
It was a big night for Fr. Manning and everyone their, because it was going to be the first mass ever on TBN. They pointed that out to us several times.
The plan was to fit a show opening, homily and parts of a mass in a 30 min show. We had to sit through several introductions, homilies by Fr. Manning, and then they taped us having mass. It was a long night, but a awesome expierence.

"If you judge others how do you expect to love them." Mother Terese

Boy…I really feel left out, because I don’t know who this woman IS…I don’t watch TBN, so maybe that is why I’m in the dark.

Could someone enlighten me?

Two points

If you don’t feel you recognise her, don’t feel you’re missing a thing.She is woman pastor period (as you say in the states)and if you’re Catholic, you’ll not instantly accept that.

ALSO-tagging Mother Teresa quotes about judgment takes into no consideration that we are judging incorrect preaching in the Word of Faith movements and false doctrine.Was Mother Teresa not judging the people who approved of abortion? She was, I hope, committed to the truth of the gospel and not extortionary falsehood.

I’ll leave this now, as I think we give Ms Meyer publicity.

40.png
Disillusioned:
Two points

If you don’t feel you recognise her, don’t feel you’re missing a thing.She is woman pastor period (as you say in the states)and if you’re Catholic, you’ll not instantly accept that.

I’ll leave this now, as I think we give Ms Meyer publicity.
Actually, I don’t mind Protestant women ministers…

Meyer has a webpage. Just do a simple google search and it pops right up.

Hey CD, whats this affection you have for Protestant female ministers? Who other than Meyer have you known or heard of?

Just curious.

Oh man… Paula White is another “classic” TBN female pastor. She’s somewhat new, so if you guys haven’t heard of her yet – you’re in for quite a show! :whacky:

As for Joyce Meyer… this is from her local St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper…

Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich. Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband’s $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children — all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God…

The Meyer Family Compound

More stories from the STL Post-Dispatch on Joyce

Hmm… you be the judge. :rolleyes:

This is all very interesting. It troubles me that there are Catholic websites with links to her site. I also know many Catholics who watch here program one regular TV not TBN .

Is there any Catholic rebuttal in writing to any of her teachings? Website perhaps?
Dianne

40.png
Xenon-135:
Meyer has a webpage. Just do a simple google search and it pops right up.

Hey CD, whats this affection you have for Protestant female ministers? Who other than Meyer have you known or heard of?

Just curious.
I really don’t know any famous ones, but there are several in our area…Usually mainline Protestand churches…Methodist, Presbyterian, etc…And, of course the Anglicans have them.

As for JM…I’ve never heard of her before.

OK, guys…I finally looked ths woman up on the web…Good grief! Is she for real?

40.png
Disillusioned:
ALSO-tagging Mother Teresa quotes about judgment takes into no consideration that we are judging incorrect preaching in the Word of Faith movements and false doctrine.
Don’t worry, the quote wasn’t use to judge you. Just sharing a beautiful quote from Mother Teresa.

I think you have a wonderful idea embedded in your question about whether there is any written Catholic rebuttal to the Joyce Meyer thing.

Would one of you all mind posting some of her beliefs and letting us fromulate a Apologia suited for her effort.

Generally I always thought much of that TBN talk could be disposed with a daub of Catholic truth.

My family and I saw Joyce Meyer last year when we were in Italy. Apparently, she was on a tour of Europe to evangelize. We were watching Italian TV in our hotel room and hooting and hollering at her. As Catholics living in the US east, we had never seen anything like that. Having lived in Europe for 6 years, I find it hard to believe that that American-style Bible thumping evangelism would go over very well in Europe. Seeing her name in this thread is only the second time I have ever heard of her–the first time being in the hotel room in Padua.

Meyer is not a “pastor” or a “minister”. She has no theological training that I can tell. She is a self-appointed, self-made, tele-evangelist. Correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back