• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad

Has anyone else noticed that these types of tragedies are increasing:

cnn.com/2005/US/02/08/girl.killed.ap/index.html

cnn.com/2005/US/02/05/alabama.killings/index.html

Is there anyone here that cannot see that the legalized killing of children (under the name of abortion) has created a culture where killing your children outside of the womb is not only a viable consideration in the minds of some parents, but something they are willing to act out on?

Vulnerable children being denied food. A child bludgeoned while she was sleeping - a most vulnerable position in what should be the most protective and safe environment for her.

I am sickened.

The legalization of abortion must be stopped and Catholics have a repsonsibility to make this happen.

40.png
Brad:
Has anyone else noticed that these types of tragedies are increasing:
What is the statistical evidence for your statement?

In the Chicago area hardly a week goes by that we don’t hear of a mother abandoning a new born in a dumpster or vacant lot. Just this week we had a case where a mother left a 3 lb new born in a church vestabule and another was found dead in a plastic garbage bag. We have a law that you can leave a new born with a hospital or fire station and no questions will be asked, yet some mothers continue to kill their children. The baby left at the church was doing well last I heard and several parishners wanted to adopt him.

These things have always happened. Because of the internet and MSM, we here about what happens in Nowhere, USA when it used to only make the local news.

40.png
wabrams:
These things have always happened. Because of the internet and MSM, we here about what happens in Nowhere, USA when it used to only make the local news.
So your point is that because it doesn’t happen in your own local town, it doesn’t matter, no matter how frequently it occurs.

I tend to disagree that “these things” have always happened to the extent that we see today in terms of mothers killing their children.

40.png
Matt25:
What is the statistical evidence for your statement?
I was asking a question, not making a statment.

Now I will ask another question. What is the statistical evidence that Jesus is God?

Methinks you judge to quickly, again.

Quote “and was being held at a psychiatric hospital” unquote.

40.png
Norwich:
Methinks you judge to quickly, again.

Quote “and was being held at a psychiatric hospital” unquote.
So we have the 3rd poster that implies legalized killling of babies does not lead to an increase in parents killing their postborn children. Are you suggesting our culture would be worse off if we made killing children illegal?

Interesting that they are held at the psychiatric hospital only after they kill their children. Perhaps their psychiatirc condition was influenced by a culture that accepts the legalized killing of babies?

THere are statistics indicating child abuse is increasing. Some of these children WILL die at the hands of their parents. More abused kids seems reasonable to translate into more children getting killed. This has nothing to do with the internet as these abuses are being documented and tallied by our state government. I don’t think Oregon is alone in seeing an increase in this horrible crime.

I am currently enrolled in an extensive educational program to become an advocate for abused children. The problem is very very real and growing.

Lisa N

40.png
Brad:
So we have the 3rd poster that implies legalized killling of babies does not lead to an increase in parents killing their postborn children. Are you suggesting our culture would be worse off if we made killing children illegal?

Interesting that they are held at the psychiatric hospital only after they kill their children. Perhaps their psychiatirc condition was influenced by a culture that accepts the legalized killing of babies?
I agree with you Brad.When it is acceptable in a society for a mother to kill her unborn child,the natural consequence of this is apparent in these cases as well as the teen violence.When you are taught you have a right to “git rid of” someone becuase they are deemed inconvienient or a burden,why is any body surprised over a violent society.God Bless

40.png
Brad:
If I read both articles correctly, it looks as though only the woman who subsequently attempted suicide is being held in a mental hospital. Perhaps if the second mother had also attempted suicide, her mental health might also be questioned. At first glance, it does not seem as though killing one’s children is in itself reason to question one’s mental health. How sad that is.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
When you are taught you have a right to “git rid of” someone becuase they are deemed inconvienient or a burden,why is any body surprised over a violent society.God Bless
Of course non of this has anything to do with the Gun Culture of America, or the Gang Culture of America, or the War Culture of America, the Hollywood culture that glorifies killing (ask the Californian State Governor), the history that was built on killing (try the old west), the television culture of America where anything goes, the political culture that allows the Richard Nixons and Bill Clintons of this world to get away with almost anything, the penal culture that kills (you may call it capital punishment but its still killing) people. Yes abortion is an evil but, if it ended tomorrow would that mean that America would suddenly become heaven? No chance!!!

GB Shaw summed it up, “America, the only country to go from barbarism to decadance without the benefits of civilisation” You may scorn “Old” Europe but you still have a great deal to learn from it.

40.png
Brad:
So your point is that because it doesn’t happen in your own local town, it doesn’t matter, no matter how frequently it occurs.
What in the heck are you talking about? How did you come up with that conclusion?
40.png
Brad:
I tend to disagree that “these things” have always happened to the extent that we see today in terms of mothers killing their children.
Go pick up any book about history and crime; it’s there, always has been, always will be. The only difference between then and now is the outlet to report such incidents.

40.png
Norwich:
Of course non of this has anything to do with the Gun Culture of America, or the Gang Culture of America, or the War Culture of America, the Hollywood culture that glorifies killing (ask the Californian State Governor), the history that was built on killing (try the old west), the television culture of America where anything goes, the political culture that allows the Richard Nixons and Bill Clintons of this world to get away with almost anything, the penal culture that kills (you may call it capital punishment but its still killing) people. Yes abortion is an evil but, if it ended tomorrow would that mean that America would suddenly become heaven? No chance!!!

GB Shaw summed it up, “America, the only country to go from barbarism to decadance without the benefits of civilisation” You may scorn “Old” Europe but you still have a great deal to learn from it.
Knew it was only a matter of time before Norwich started ripping on America again. Norwich, I just tune you out now.

40.png
Norwich:
Amen to that, though I love my guns and violent movies. There’s a lot of tin foil hats here today.

40.png
Norwich:

This thread is not about comaring Europe and America. Save your anti-American diatribe for other threads please.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
When you are taught you have a right to “git rid of” someone becuase they are deemed inconvienient or a burden,why is any body surprised over a violent society.
Started with abortion, did it? Seems that I remember that “a good Indian is a dead Indian” and that there was a lot of getting rid of the natives from east to west long before abortion.

And this was a violent society all along - read about the Old West - again long before 1973.

40.png
Norwich:

This thread is not about comparing Europe and America. Save your anti-American diatribe for other threads please.

40.png
wabrams:
Amen to that, though I love my guns and violent movies. There’s a lot of tin foil hats here today.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

40.png
wabrams:
What in the heck are you talking about? How did you come up with that conclusion?
Because you nonchalantly disregarded these tragedies by saying they happen “all the time” and in “Nowhere, USA”. Nowhere is somewhere.
40.png
wabrams:
Go pick up any book about history and crime; it’s there, always has been, always will be. The only difference between then and now is the outlet to report such incidents.
I’m not talking about ANY crime. I’m talking about mothers starving, stabbing, and bludgeoning their children. Do you have a history book that shows this is common throughout history - or at least as common as it occurs today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back