N
novaslasher
Guest
It would be very fitting! Especially since Jack has become the man of faith instead of the man of science.oh wow! My friend thinks Jack will be the new Jacob! Wouldn’t that be Epic if Jack became Jacob and Sawyer because MIB? haha
Ok my fellow lost fanatics, heres my crackpot theory!
all of our losties who corresponded to the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 are all destined to take Jacob’s place together as a team. Throughout the series these numbers and only these numbers appear as a group, and i think its highly significant. This is why it was so important that sayid live and that all of the “candidates” survived, that is why dogan and lennon are so adamant about kate getting sawyer back safely. obviously the only candidate who corresponded to the numbers who is now deceased is john locke. But jacob has a bit of an insurance policy…i believe alternate timeline john locke will be the substitute for on island dead locke. The title of the episode had more significance than locke being a sub teacher.
I think the title was referring to MIB attempting to recruit Sawyer as his substitute. But you could be right. Somehow in the end, I think the realities will merge in some fashion. After all, dead Juliet told Miles that, “It worked”. I think she was referring to the incident creating the alternate timeline and preventing Oceanic 815 from crashing. Somehow, this will be relevant to those in the non-815 crash reality.how about that
Interestingly, I don’t think Kate was given one of the “numbers” on the cave wall and Jin may not have had a number either (since the cave wall listed Kwon which could refer to either Jin or Sun or both). Also note that the Others at the Temple were very concerned about Jack staying and getting Sawyer to return. They did not seem concerned about letting Kate and Jin loose to hunt them down. I think the Others know that Kate and Jin are not as important as Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Sun, Locke, and Sayid (all who had numbers). I thought it was odd that Kate had no number.