LOST season 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberDale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the hospital reunion theory gains more ground!

Locke goes to the hospital for his injuries, ben accompanies him.
charlie is there for the car crash
claire for her baby
sun and Jin for sun’s gun shot
Sayid for his brother
jack because he works there
kate accompanied claire
desmond went there with charlie
now we only need sawyer and hurley to make their way there

something tells me a significant event will happen at the hospital in the near future.

Theres been some foreshadowing that Locke will make a come back of sorts. in the premiere, locke and jack are having a conversation about the airline losing Jack’s father. Locke responds saying that they didnt lose Jack’s father, they just lost his father’s body. I think this is similar to locke’s situation and a unique way of foreshadowing that locke’s soul or conciousness, whatever the writers choose to call it, will take over MIB who is stuck as locke. it seems that at one point MIB had a body of his own but as he says in ab aeterno, jacob stole his body/his humanity, so hes basically a spirit of sorts that can influence the physical world. So I guess the writers arent timid about going the sort of route i mentioned.
Sawyer and Miles will be the cops called to the hospital to question Ben and Locke about the hit-and-run. 🙂
 
I was thinking that he thinks Jack is the leader of them all. But what MIB fails to know is that Jack handed those reins over to Hurley. It will definitely get interesting.
Ever since the concept of the “candidates” was introduced as possible replacements for Jacob, I’ve been thinking Hurley would be the one. With his stepping up to the plate now, perhaps that is what is actually going to happen.
 
My money is still on Jack as the candidate. He’s been the prime focus of the show for 6 seasons and has progressed from a leader who pulls the reigns to one who steps back and respects the choices of others - especially those who are in tune with Jacob and what the Island wants. Jack is learning the wisdom of non-interference; a philosophy Jacob respects.

Hurley could become Richard’s replacement if there is still a need to communicate with the outside world. Hurley is kind, good at heart, and a people person. I think Richard’s fire team is going to get wiped out and Richard will fulfill his purpose in destroying the plane some how (and thus be able to finally die). Ben will probably survive though, because he’s so wile.

I also maintain my theory that somehow Sawyer will be conned into becoming the new Smokey by MIB. In the end, MIB will be defeated, but the balance between light and dark on the island will remain.
 
My money is still on Jack as the candidate. He’s been the prime focus of the show for 6 seasons and has progressed from a leader who pulls the reigns to one who steps back and respects the choices of others - especially those who are in tune with Jacob and what the Island wants. Jack is learning the wisdom of non-interference; a philosophy Jacob respects.

Hurley could become Richard’s replacement if there is still a need to communicate with the outside world. Hurley is kind, good at heart, and a people person. I think Richard’s fire team is going to get wiped out and Richard will fulfill his purpose in destroying the plane some how (and thus be able to finally die). Ben will probably survive though, because he’s so wile.

I also maintain my theory that somehow Sawyer will be conned into becoming the new Smokey by MIB. In the end, MIB will be defeated, but the balance between light and dark on the island will remain.
That’s a good point about the philosophy of non-interference. I can see it playing out that way.
 
I actually cheered when Illana blew up. I was so tired of her mopey character and flat acting. She seems like such a waste of time. Her reward for following Jacob, training to protect the candidates, getting them to the Island, and protecting them from Smokey was to blow up? And then they just walk over to Smokey in the end? Really? Talk about being dealt a raw deal. I think Lost would have been better off if she had not been written into the show or had died off much earlier.
Ben sorta of made a reference to this but with everything in Lost…they just make you wonder.
 
I finally got to watch it about 1/2 hour ago! WOW!

It just dawned on me that Desmond’s flash-sideways are different. He seems to be IN both times. So him running down Locke was VERY interesting.

It was cool to see Libby again.

I am enjoying the ride! It’s hard to believe it’s almost over. 😦
 
I am so sick of this new Ben. What happened to the Benjamin Linus we knew so well, and loved?
 
Ben has been pretty quiet since he stabbed Jacob. I think he’s in the doghouse right now. 😉

I miss the days of Henry Gale. Ben was just a master of deception and manipulation back then and he could pull Locke’s strings like a puppet master. It’s kind of ironic that the fake Locke played Ben in the end.
 
No comments on last night’s episode yet? I liked it. We’re definitely nearing the end. It was fun to see Jack take his literal leap of faith.

Good call on the hospital as the meeting place for all the alt-reality 815ers. 👍
 
I liked Sawyer’s nicknames for Frank. And Hurley’s line to Claire, “You look, great” was good.
 
I liked Sawyer’s nicknames for Frank. And Hurley’s line to Claire, “You look, great” was good.
My favorite line of the night was Sawyer telling Kate that Claire had been drinking Locke’s Kool-Aid. 😃
 
Joe,

I thought it was interesting how they are handling these flash-sideways. Last week they were not quite Hugo-centric, because there were Desmond parts. This week they were totally uncentric.

I think that might be to show the “convergence” of the two realities. It looks like Sun is experiencing that convergence already (much like Desmond), since she recognized Locke at the hospital. On island, she lost the ability to speak English. It seems to me that this because in the alt-reality she never learned how to speak English.

VC
 
So far, this season has been horrible.

I present my rationale:

-Half of every episode is a B- sitcom/cop drama/24.
-The other half is New John Locke/Smokey staring down Sawyer.
-Ben is at an all-time low, in terms of ‘evil quirkiness’.
-Sawyer has dispensed <4 nicknames, and says ‘SONAOVABICH’ an avg of .3 times per episode (no, seriously, look it up).
-There are NO Catholic references (unlike the first 5 seasons). Guess the marketing department finally got a word in edgewise to the writing staff that not everyone in America is Catholic/Christian.
-The season began with a jungle temple, a condescending Japanese guy, and his obsequious American assistant. This isolated fact bears no relevance to the rest of the season.
-There have been no answers.

Really, the only positive event is that Juliet died.
 
So I just found this thread, and I would like to propose a theory. First, a disclaimer that I only read the most recent page of comments, so I apologize if this has been brought up already.

My theory is that Desmond is the new Jacob. We all know that Jacob was able to leave the island, unlike the MIB, to visit and guide his candidates. Everything about the alternate realities leads me to believe that Desmond is now in this position. I think that ultimately, something will happen to reverse everything, and their near-death or once-in-a-lifetime moments connect them back to the past, which they actually experienced at some point.

What I’m curious to find out is whether Desmond’s attack on John was an attempt to kill him (because of the use of Locke’s body by the MIB), or the only way Locke would get the corrective spinal surgery from Jack, which in turn could ultimately be a blessing for him, albeit a very painful way to get it…
 
Jack has really changed. He’s much more like the old Locke used to be: he is a man of faith now. This really seemed to infuriate Sawyer. I think Sawyer believes Jack is a fool and is being lead by the nose by “what the Island wants” the same way Locke was. In Sawyer’s eyes, that attitude only leads to death, and Juliet was a victim of Jack’s pro-Island mentality. I guess I don’t blame Sawyer for kicking Jack off the boat.

I really thought Kate was going to die when Claire put the rifle in her face. I’m surprised she relented. Perhaps she is redeemable. Possibly even Sayid is not beyond redemption. I don’t think he killed Desmond. He had a smirk on his face when MIB asked if he killed Desmond.

This was not a bad episode but was fairly average. It seems to be putting all the pieces in place for the final act. I did like hearing the explanation for Jack seeing his dead father on the Island in Season 1. Now we know it was MIB and not the ghost of his father. That’s a partial answer to that mystery. I still want to know why his father’s coffin was empty. Did MIB take the body? Was it simply lost in the jungle due to the crash? Was his father brought back from the dead as a zombie like Sayid was? Christian made other appearances (at the frozen Donkey Wheel, in Jacob’s cabin, off-Island at the hospital Jack worked at), and I wonder if all those appearances were really MIB. After all, MIB can’t get off the island and yet Christian appeared to Jack at St. Sebastian’s. This appearance is what tipped Jack over the edge into drug addiction.
 
So far, this season has been horrible.

I present my rationale:

-Half of every episode is a B- sitcom/cop drama/24.
-The other half is New John Locke/Smokey staring down Sawyer.
-Ben is at an all-time low, in terms of ‘evil quirkiness’.
-Sawyer has dispensed <4 nicknames, and says ‘SONAOVABICH’ an avg of .3 times per episode (no, seriously, look it up).
-There are NO Catholic references (unlike the first 5 seasons). Guess the marketing department finally got a word in edgewise to the writing staff that not everyone in America is Catholic/Christian.
-The season began with a jungle temple, a condescending Japanese guy, and his obsequious American assistant. This isolated fact bears no relevance to the rest of the season.
-There have been no answers.

Really, the only positive event is that Juliet died.
I’m not ready to judge S6 yet until the season finale. A lot of the season was absorbed in the flash-sideways reality in which we had little vested interest in the alt-characters until we had confirmation that the realities were beginning to merge. In a final viewing, this may prove to be brilliant depending on the finale. Especially, since it lets us see two threads at once without speculation: what happens if 815 crashes, and what would have happened if the flight never crashed and Jacob had not touched their lives.

There have actually been plenty of answers this season. I don’t always agree with how these answers are delivered, but we do have answers:
  1. Fake John Locke is the Smoke Monster
  2. The whispers are the voices of the dead who can not “move on”
  3. We finally saw the Temple (which was a big mystery when Ben produced a map to the temple in S4)
  4. We learned how little Ben was healed at the temple
  5. We learned what the purpose of the Island is
  6. We learned more about the nature of the conflict between Jacob and MIB introduced in the finale of S5
  7. We know the appearance of Christian in S1 was really MIB leading Jack to water to ensure the survival of the Losties
  8. We learned Richard’s origins and why he never ages
  9. We know why the statue was broken and only has a foot
  10. We know how the Black Rock ended up in the middle of the Jungle now
  11. We know more about the “Sickness” that Rosseau referenced in S1
There are probably a lot more answers, but this is just a quick list.

Kind of off topic, but in my opinion Season 2 and 5 were my favorites. I loved the whole “Dharma” mystery in season 2 (the Swan orientation film was just epic back then), and really enjoyed the Henry Gale drama. Ben was amazing in those episodes. Mr. Eko was also just awesome. Season 5 was spectacular with time travel and the background reveal of the Dharma Initiative; Lost really embraced Sci-fi in that season. And how can you go wrong with a season that ends in the explosion of a nuclear weapon? 🙂

Season 4 was the worst in my opinion. The flash-forward was mostly boring and I never really saw the freighter crew as a threat. I just knew Ben would win in the end. I also lost a ton of empathy for Locke when he inexplicably murdered Naomi. Locke was one of my favorite characters until he did that.

I reserve judgment on Season 6 until it is over.
 
I really thought Kate was going to die when Claire put the rifle in her face. I’m surprised she relented. Perhaps she is redeemable. Possibly even Sayid is not beyond redemption. I don’t think he killed Desmond. He had a smirk on his face when MIB asked if he killed Desmond.
Me too. I really thought Kate was going to take a bullet! I had been assuming that Claire and Sayid are beyond redemption at this point, but it seems that perhaps that is not the case.

I still have great hopes for how things are going to turn out. My wife is much less optimistic (she’s already mentally prepared herself for a disappointing finale and lots of unanswered questions). I guess we’ll see. 🙂

Too bad the show’s not on next week. 😦 We have a little break to let the anticipation build.
 
So I get home from work tonight and check my DVR to watch some of the shows I’ve recorded and realized that tonight’s Lost was not there. Did my DVR screw up some how or was there simply no episode tonight?
 
So I get home from work tonight and check my DVR to watch some of the shows I’ve recorded and realized that tonight’s Lost was not there. Did my DVR screw up some how or was there simply no episode tonight?
It was a rerun this week. The “Richard” episode was shown again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top