Melania Trump's brilliant Rose Garden idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abrosz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has she done to deserve such hateful negative reporting? She wore a jacket she probably didn’t think twice about putting on.
Here is an example of giving her far too little credit, every hair on her head is carefully thought out.

She’s a beautiful woman eyes can see, but interiorly we know far too little of her interests in recent events which leaves her open to “all that glitters isn’t gold”…Truth be told, other than her history which is out there, I believe she promotes an anti-bullying campaign and decorates well for the holidays.

If that is the way she wants to run her role, it’s fine by me.

Personally I look forward to the focus on survival during a pandemic, jobs, homes, and the challenges my children face with my grandchildren/school re-openings. NOTHING else.
 
How so? A press release is just an official statement delivered to members of the news media for the purpose of providing information.
It seems somewhat frivolous, like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. If she were more involved in her ‘Be nicer’ initiative could she relate it to the current divisiveness in the country along racial lines? That may seem like a lot to ask but she announced this anti-bullying stuff as one of her intentions. If she is serious about that maybe she could do more in that area.

In the early 80s, conservatives said that someone who did that type of ‘glamour modelling’ could not be Miss America. Now, Pat Robertson with a straight face, explains it away as ‘art’. I guess times have changed.
 
Last edited:
40.png
Theo520:
Weird, I read TDS and vitriol more than ‘biting sarcasm’
“TDS” is the buzzword for every act that does not glorify Trump. She got off pretty easy, compared to Michelle Obama, who IS truly a classy lady, civilized, educated and admirable.
Oh, please!!! Michelle Obama has the liberal press glorifying her 24 hours a day.
The Obamas can do no wrong. They are as fake as the political party who adores them.
 
Oh, please!!! Michelle Obama has the liberal press glorifying her 24 hours a day.
The Obamas can do no wrong. They are as fake as the political party who adores them.
And, of course, Trump is God’s present to the US, who can do nothing wrong according to the “fake news” publications like Breitbart. Remember: “I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight, and would not lose a vote.”
 
40.png
7_Sorrows:
Oh, please!!! Michelle Obama has the liberal press glorifying her 24 hours a day.
The Obamas can do no wrong. They are as fake as the political party who adores them.
And, of course, Trump is God’s present to the US, who can do nothing wrong according to the “fake news” publications like Breitbart. Remember: “I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight, and would not lose a vote.”
Do you see the liberal press glorifying Trump 24 hours a day? Not even the
conservative media sing the praises of Trump like the liberals worship the
Obamas.
 
I’ve always felt that First Ladies should be left alone and not be treated as surrogates for their husbands. I would feel bad for my wife if she were being held to account for all the dumb things I’ve done and said.
 
Last edited:
In the early 80s, conservatives said that someone who did that type of ‘glamour modelling’ could not be Miss America. Now, Pat Robertson with a straight face, explains it away as ‘art’. I guess times have changed.
So you believe, as a Catholic, that forgiveness is impossible? You believe, as a Catholic, we must wear the hair shirt & ashes of our past sins forever? Can you please show us where in Church teaching it says this?

As a Catholic, I believe we are all forgiven of our sins if we seek forgiveness. (Please do not bring up Trump’s very old interview, that horse doesn’t run anymore) We are talking about Melania. Yes, you may say we don’t know that she has asked for forgiveness, but we don’t know she hasn’t either.
If she were more involved in her ‘Be nicer’ initiative could she relate it to the current divisiveness in the country along racial lines?
Then the liberals would have to work with her and we all know that isn’t happening anytime soon.
That may seem like a lot to ask but she announced this anti-bullying stuff as one of her intentions. If she is serious about that maybe she could do more in that area
With the leftist liberal media following the Democratic narrative of all things Trump are bad, she never stood a chance. Melania could have supported abortion up to birth and they would have found something wrong with it. (I am in no way saying she would support anything that horrific, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Dems in DC.)
 
In other words, you’re “raking her over the coals” despite your assertion in Post 21 that she shouldn’t be.

Regardless, there is nothing Michelle Obama could do that would reduce devotion to her by Democrats.
 
In other words, you’re “raking her over the coals” despite your assertion in Post 21 that she shouldn’t be.

Regardless, there is nothing Michelle Obama could do that would reduce devotion to her by Democrats.
I assume you meant to reply to me.

And no, my intention is not to “rake her over the coals.” My point is that I don’t think that Republicans would be lauding someone with that background as “classy” if she were married to a Democratic President. I think instead of shushing people who mentioned it, they’d be trumpeting it to the skies, possibly incorporating a not-so-clever nickname.

I guess what I’m saying is that these perceptions have everything to do with partisan loyalty as opposed to the merits of the individual.
 
Yes, you may say we don’t know that she has asked for forgiveness, but we don’t know she hasn’t either.
Actually, I already know her response. She said repeatedly that she is ‘very proud’ of her modelling career.
Then the liberals would have to work with her and we all know that isn’t happening anytime soon.
We do? What liberals rejected her? Which DC school kept her from visiting?
With the leftist liberal media following the Democratic narrative of all things Trump are bad, she never stood a chance.
Whine, whine, whine. Its always someone else’s fault. Was Melania treated unfialry? I doubt it; not that I have seen.

Criticism of her for wearing a hat that harkened back to the safari days of colonialism in Africa was a little arcane, to me.
 
Actually, I already know her response. She said repeatedly that she is ‘very proud’ of her modelling career.
You actually know nothing, you assume. However since you will never give any conservative the benefit of the doubt you never will know for certain what they do or think.
So you believe, as a Catholic, that forgiveness is impossible? You believe, as a Catholic, we must wear the hair shirt & ashes of our past sins forever? Can you please show us where in Church teaching it says this?
You have ignored this completely. How do you reconcile your statements with Church teaching? And please no whataboutism.
We do? What liberals rejected her?
Where have you been? You haven’t been paying attention if you believe the liberals have left Melania alone.
 
Criticism of her for wearing a hat that harkened back to the safari days of colonialism in Africa was a little arcane, to me.
Military units of various countries wear them, including Canada, the UK, France, Philippines, others, including in Africa. In Vietnam the army doesn’t wear them anymore, but civilians do. There is a U.S. Marine Corps version.

I guess nowadays, American leftists think they’re colonialist and racist, but sometimes a hat is just a hat. Oh, if anybody is interested in buying a knockoff of various versions, here they are.

Amazon.com
 
Last edited:
“TDS” is the buzzword for every act that does not glorify Trump. She got off pretty easy, compared to Michelle Obama, who IS truly a classy lady, civilized, educated and admirable.
Classy, civilized, educated, and admirable–especially when she found out that schools were dropping her “nutritious lunch” programs, and retorted that the kids could eat “c–p.” (Not sure if this word is allowed on CAF–I don’t think it is, but if classy, civilized lady like First Lady Obama could use it when speaking of others, then perhaps CAF should re-think their policy).

Very “classy” and “civilized.” :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Obviously she has never been involved with public schools and actually known any “lunch ladies” (and some men) who cook that “c–p” and serve it to children and teens that they often get to know and love. And obviously, her “classiness” has allowed her to earn an income that makes it difficult for her to recognize that many school districts have less money to spend for an entire school year than she and her husband earn in that one year. Organic veges are simply not affordable, especially when the kids won’t eat them and they end up in the garbage.

Of course, perhaps First Lady Obama thinks that machines make that food, and so it’s OK to insult them by accusing them of serving “human waste” to children?

Oh, and here’s another example of her “class.” She allowed her underaged daughter to intern on the filthy television show, Girls, created by the very disturbed Lena Dunham, someone that many of us unclassy and uncivilized Catholics/Christians would not allow within a mile of our children without a psychiatrist and a priest or pastor standing nearby.
 
Last edited:
ou actually know nothing, you assume.
Well, I quoted what she said. Do you think she was lying?
You have ignored this completely. How do you reconcile your statements with Church teaching?
I’m not criticizing her at all so I don’t have to forgive. I show the inconsistency of conservatives and, as we know, no consistency means no credibility.
You haven’t been paying attention if you believe the liberals have left Melania alone.
I think she has been left quite alone. There are quesitons as to her arriving here on a "genius’ visa and how she achieved citizenship. Those issues have been left alone-- I did not see long investigations into the situations.
 
I guess nowadays, American leftists think they’re colonialist and racist, but sometimes a hat is just a hat.
I believe it was folks in Africa who mentioned the derivation of the hat. You should not presume this was done by leftists. My father wore a pith helmet in Hawaii erecting fences against a Japanese invasion in WWII.

" “That pith helmet you have carried was used by colonialists during the dark days. Doesn’t sit well with us Africans. Who advised you?” [wrote Pauleen Mwalo, of Nairobi, on Twitter."

 
The fact that Melania promotes anti-bullying is enough to admire and support her. Anyone who has been maliciously bullied should appreciate her campaign against it. I think that’s a very worthwhile cause.
 
Obviously she has never been involved with public schools and actually known any “lunch ladies” (and some men) who cook that “c–p” and serve it to children and teens that they often get to know and love.
Not in her 12 years in public school in Chicago? She was valedictorian in a magnet high school.
 
Not in her 12 years in public school in Chicago? She was valedictorian in a magnet high school.
Then she has forgotten that taxpayers have to pay for public schools, including the lunches. In our city, all public school breakfasts and lunches are FREE to ALL children–this policy was enacted several years ago to put a stop to income comparisons between students. It’s good for the students’ self esteem, but obviously adds a cost to the taxpayers.

Also, it was in one of the weathier Chicago suburbs that First Lady Obama’s lunch program was discontinued, and the school actually hired a catering company to bring in school lunches that the (wealthy) children were willing to eat. The catering company was apparently cheaper than the First Lady’s school lunch program of “natural” foods.

I think First Lady Obama’s heart was in the right place, but my point was that she was out-of-touch with reality in middle class America when she tried to reform the public school lunch program. And I’m guessing that her “Let’s Move” program has fallen by the wayside, too, for many families.

These programs are out-of-sync with middle class American families who sadly aren’t interested in eating “healthy” foods and doing a lot of physical activity instead of playing with their phone or streaming TV shows. Like I said, her heart was in the right place at least, but her programs weren’t practical.

I kind of think that happens with a lot of programs started by American First Ladies. The only one that I know is still going strong (kind of) is the Keep America Beautiful campaign of First Lady Lady Bird Johnson. That program is one of my earliest memories and it has influenced my behavior when it comes to being careful to not litter. Her program was something simple and sustainable for most Americans–put the trash in the can, not on the ground! However, there is still a lot of litter out there in America. Sigh.
 
Last edited:
I believe it was folks in Africa who mentioned the derivation of the hat. You should not presume this was done by leftists.
There are undoubtedly folks in Africa who would object to her wearing white clothing too, for their reasons. Khakis as well. I guess we had better tell mail carriers they are causing pain to some Africans (the ones who don’t wear them) and ban their use of those helmets. I guess we can forgive British and italian soldiers and perhaps Vietnamese civilians. They don’t have any choice. Well, I guess Vietnamese civilians do. Those helmets are just popular among them. For shame!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top