Melania Trump's brilliant Rose Garden idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abrosz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, I read TDS and vitriol more than ‘biting sarcasm’

But it was CNN, so we shouldn’t expect an article on the Garden to be about the garden.
 
I watched a clip of a video interview that was on the same page. Melania felt that comedians and the like were advancing their careers by using her name. I thought that was an interesting perspective. As being a public figure will bring one the attention of many commentators from around the world.

I do feel like she has been one of the least visible First Ladies over the past several presidents though.
 
Is it late in the season for planting roses?

And hot for all that construction?
 
I’m not a Trump fan, but this stuff isn’t half as clever as the author seems to think it is. It just comes across as childish.
 
To use as fish wrap is good Jharek, or to line the bottom of a birdcage would be another good use.
 
Last edited:
Weird, I read TDS and vitriol more than ‘biting sarcasm’

But it was CNN, so we shouldn’t expect an article on the Garden to be about the garden.
Its not vitriol but for the WH to put out a press release about this in this time of national emergency invites sarcasm. Plus, I think FLOTUS has been handled very gently by the press during Trump’s time in office. Compare what was said about Michelle here and in the media. Granted, she was more active but folks here criticized all sorts of things, including giving credit to a photoshopped picture.

Its all searchable on this forum
 
The reason we don’t hear a great deal about her is because she stays behind the scene so much. But almost every time she does come out the leftist press has nasty things to say about her. Mrs. Trump is a classy lady and does not deserve the treatment she gets from the leftist press.
 
She owes the people nothing and I think she is probably hating every moment of this as I would if I were in her shoes.
I’m sure she is. I don’t think that she ever wanted to be a public figure in politics. When yoked with someone (not just in marriage) one can end up suffering the consequences of the actions of their associates 😦
 
Weird, I read TDS and vitriol more than ‘biting sarcasm’
“TDS” is the buzzword for every act that does not glorify Trump. She got off pretty easy, compared to Michelle Obama, who IS truly a classy lady, civilized, educated and admirable.
 
Mrs. Trump is a classy lady and does not deserve the treatment she gets from the leftist press.
Sure! There was the jacket wording business, which was her being classy, right? I think she gets the press she deserves.
 
The press she deserves for what? What has she done to deserve such hateful negative reporting? She wore a jacket she probably didn’t think twice about putting on.

While Michelle Obama had a staff of 18 at a cost of 1.5 million annually, Melania has a staff of four at a cost of less than $500,000 per year. So not only is Melania not causing problems for the President and trying to push programs no one wants and cost too much (school lunch) she is also being far most fiscally conservative. Classy lady.
 
I am wondering if this commentary can get anymore snarky? Why is it that commentators have to be so nasty whenever discussing anything that Melania wishes to achieve? Why are they so nasty to her and about her, to begin with? Simply because she is married to Mr. Trump, they have to be hateful toward her, as well?

Melania is a gracious, and graceful lady. I suspect a lot of people are jealous of her.
 
Melania is a gracious, and graceful lady. I suspect a lot of people are jealous of her.
Sure. Discuss her risque’ modeling career and see how fast people flag any mention of it.

Folks here seem to think that any criticism of Melania in the press is ‘nasty’ and hateful. There are things for which she can be rightfully criticized and people need to accept that.
 
Its not vitriol but for the WH to put out a press release about this in this time of national emergency invites sarcasm.
How so? A press release is just an official statement delivered to members of the news media for the purpose of providing information. It would be far stranger if they did the work without explaining it. Not the same as a press conference, a ‘release’ is a posted document on a official web site. Several are issued daily, most are just ignored by the media.

You are reading far too much into it.,
 
Last edited:
Mrs. Trump is a classy lady and does not deserve the treatment she gets from the leftist press.
I mean…it’s not my place to judge her, and everyone is redeemable, but…she’s a former nude model. If Michelle Obama had posed nude for softcore lesbian porn, the rightwing media would’ve never shut up about how trashy she was.

I’m not arguing that Melania should get raked over the coals for stuff she did years ago. Just saying that whether a First Lady is “classy” seems to depend largely on your partisan affiliation.
 
Then why bring it up here?
Just pointing out that Melania is getting a pass (and not arguing she shouldn’t) for stuff that someone like Michelle Obama never would. Estimations as to whether she’s “classy” are dependent on ones partisan affiliation. I just don’t see a lot of consistency here.
 
Last edited:
I’ve not seen much of her modeling work at all.

Ive seem some black and white photos from when she was a teen.

And then not much else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top