Melania Trump's brilliant Rose Garden idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abrosz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you seem to have a great need for having the last word in all conversations, (maybe going back to high school as evidenced by your very strange comment about Nick Sandmann), you may it. I’m done with trying to converse with you.
 
There are undoubtedly folks in Africa who would object to her wearing white clothing too, for their reasons. Khakis as well.
So, can you admit that your presumption about ‘leftists’ was wrong? It would be a breath of fresh air.
 
Last edited:
So, can you admit that your presumption about ‘leftists’ was wrong? It would be a breath of fresh air.
I am sure there are leftists in Africa too. If you look online, you’ll see posts by Africans who don’t think there’s anything wrong with her wearing that hat. But both here and in other parts of the world, there would be those who will find some reason to slam her or her husband or both, even if they have to invent the reason out of the thin air, like this one.
 
but sometimes a hat is just a hat.
I have to agree. They are derived from headgear worn by native Filipinos. People wore pith helmets for a reason—they protect against sun and rain well. They might be “associated” with colonialism, but they are excellent headgear for people in the tropics.
 
I am sure there are leftists in Africa too. If you look online, you’ll see posts by Africans who don’t think there’s anything wrong with her wearing that hat.
You quibble, sidestep and deflect. Look, your presumption was wrong-- it was not ‘leftists’ who criticized her hat.
 
it was not ‘leftists’ who criticized her hat.
You sure about that?

The very left Guardian ‘newspaper’ found one twitter comment and spun it into a story, shifting all the focus of the visit to be about a hat.
 
From what I have read, it also has a fibrous construction that allows the head to “breathe” which I think is one of its more attractive features in a hot climate.
 
I think Barbara Bush’s literacy promotion was a good idea, too. It was during her time as First Lady that I became a Laubach Literacy tutor. The Laubach program had two parts – teaching illiterate English speakers how to read and write, and its ESOL program, teaching non-English speakers how to read and write English. I was part of the latter.

Some First Ladies had some really good ideas for improving America and society. I think Melania’s promoting anti-bullying is particularly important.
 
That’s not the only place I heard of the criticism so it was not simply the Guardian choosing.
If other sources are also focusing on the hat over the animal conservation, they too are doing progressive politics rather than news.
 
If other sources are also focusing on the hat over the animal conservation, they too are doing progressive politics rather than news.
No, it is other Africans who commented on the hat; not leftists, progressives or Americans. You imply that Melania is exempt from criticism.
 
No, it is other Africans who commented on the hat; not leftists, progressives or Americans. You imply that Melania is exempt from criticism.
You are deflecting again.
I’ve only seen news articles

What are your African sources, more twitter posts?
 
Several FLOTUS haven’t wanted to be public figures, including Pat Nixon, Betty Ford, Nancy Reagan, and Rosalyn Carter, among others. Eleanor Roosevelt, on the other hand…
 
Nancy Reagan had the “just say no to drugs” campaign and visited many drug rehabilitation centers.

She also spearheaded renovations to the White House living quarters, all paid for by private donations. She also replaced all the White House China, also using private donations.

Also she hosted 56 state dinners (I looked it up 🤓) She enjoyed designer clothes and had a personal hairstylist.

I remember her on tv shows like Different Strokes, giving an anti drug message. It seems she also had a cameo on “Dynasty.” As First Lady.

Apparently, in response to her wearing too many designer outfits, she performed a skit at a dinner dressed in tattered clothing at a dinner and sang, “ Second- hand clothes” a spoof of “Second-hand Rose”.

She didn’t seem the type to avoid the limelight.
 
You are deflecting again.
I’ve only seen news articles

What are your African sources, more twitter posts?
No, a direct response to and about your statement is not deflecting. See above posts for comments by Africans. If they are ‘only news articles’, what would satisfy you? Personally taped statements? Tell me if the news articles seem to accurately portray what was said.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top