C
child_of_God85
Guest
The trailer for the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian, is now on the internet. You can view it at www.narniafans.com
It looks awsome.
It looks awsome.
I urge you to do so. I think PC is one of the most underrated books of the series.Thank You! I’ll pass on this link to my sister. I’ve never read Prince Caspian, but I’ve read LWTW, Voyage and Magician’s Nephew. I may consider reading Prince Caspian.![]()
I strongly disagree, even though I know I’m going up against Lewis himself (that doesn’t bother me–I’m sure I’ve spent a lot more time thinking about the subject than he ever did). Magician’s Nephew plunges you into a fully imagined Narnia, and many of the references are obviously thrown in to explain things you have already encountered (such as the lamppost). I also can’t imagine that someone would appreciate Wardrobe as much coming to it after Nephew. Wardrobe is a marvelous book if you are approaching Narnia for the first time, but it’s full of inconsistencies and things Lewis just hadn’t thought through well.The books can be bought separately or in one volume. The one volume has them in the order they’re meant to be read, beginning with “The Magician’s Nephew.”
I agree. My books are numbered chronologically on the spine, but they’re arranged on my shelf in order of publication (2, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1, 7)I strongly disagree, even though I know I’m going up against Lewis himself (that doesn’t bother me–I’m sure I’ve spent a lot more time thinking about the subject than he ever did). Magician’s Nephew plunges you into a fully imagined Narnia, and many of the references are obviously thrown in to explain things you have already encountered (such as the lamppost). I also can’t imagine that someone would appreciate Wardrobe as much coming to it after Nephew. Wardrobe is a marvelous book if you are approaching Narnia for the first time, but it’s full of inconsistencies and things Lewis just hadn’t thought through well.
Edwin
De-fi-nite-ly!Anyone else excited about seeing the new movie this summer?
My dh and I had the same reaction. We just turned to each other and said: “YES!”I was in the theater with my friends waiting for another movie (can’t recall which one), but I saw the opening begin and I’m like, “Huh, this seems like Narn – OMIGOSH oh my gosh!!!” I started freaking out in my seat and my friends just laughed at me. Haha.
We loved the first one, too, and bought the DVD. Can’t wait to see PC and then own it, too. Walden Books plans on making all the books into films. See here for more about it!But the movie looks very very promising and I loved the first one very much. I think it will be a very good movie to go see, especially after all that stuff about The Golden Compass.
:extrahappy: Yea, Dawn Treader is my favorite! :extrahappy:Oh yeah… we’ve had our calendars marked for a while. My 7 year old son and I just finished *The Voyage of the Dawn Treader *and are now reading The Silver Chair. We love Narnia at our house too! And the first movie was so well done… we are excited about this one. **They are filming *Dawn Treader ***already… we are looking forward to that too!![]()
It looks like it will be pretty similar. You can’t tell a whole lot since they kind of piece all these parts together, but I can pick out most of it from the book. And the last one was pretty accurate, so I trust that this one will be similar.I haven’t read the Prince Caspian book. I saw the trailer online for the movie. Does it look like they’ll follow the movie or did they change some things? I thought there was a big rat in this one
I hope they get to make “The Magician’s Nephew”, I really liked that Narnia prequel.