G
gallo
Guest
If the courts repeal the passage of Prop 8 can those who did not vote for the president elect file a lawsuit and keep him out of office?
Could you explain this major difference? From what I have heard, the idea is to boycott business which are owned or managed by persons who donated a sizable amount to pass Prop. 8.his is totally different from suggesting Christians boycott McDonalds.
Boycotting McDonalds because we don’t agree with their decisions as a CORPORATION is NOT the same thing as targeting INDIVIDUALS and saying that these INDIVIDUALS are HATERS.
MAJOR DIFFERENCE.
You can file a lawsuit over just about anything. If you can show the election was illegal, you could even win.If the courts repeal the passage of Prop 8 can those who did not vote for the president elect file a lawsuit and keep him out of office?
If Prop 8 were repealed, I assume it would be on the grounds that it violates civil rights, and therefore a public vote does not matter (this is done to protect minorities - i.e., if you left the desegregation debate up to the Alabama voters, they would not have passed it, but the US federal government protected blacks as a minority because the law was interpreted as giving them civil rights they were entitled to regardless of public opinion), or if you argue it is invalid because people misunderstood the question (that would be VERY hard to prove). So I don’t see how this relates to Obama…unless it was proven the election was illegitimate, in which case I’d assume he’d be removed, but there’s no significant evidence for that, so I don’t see how the 2 issues correlate.If the courts repeal the passage of Prop 8 can those who did not vote for the president elect file a lawsuit and keep him out of office?
Like this:Could you explain this major difference? From what I have heard, the idea is to boycott business which are owned or managed by persons who donated a sizable amount to pass Prop. 8.
How else do you think the list would be used? What reasons do you have to think so?
Scott Eckern, artistic director for the California Musical Theatre, resigned Wednesday as a growing number of artists threatened to boycott the organization because of his $1,000 donation to the campaign to ban gay marriage in California.
In the 50s we had a blacklist of people in the movie industry suspected of being communists – now are they going to blacklist everyone who supported Prop 8? I don’t like the idea“I understand my supporting of Proposition 8 has been the cause of many hurt feelings, maybe even betrayal,” Eckern said in a written statement. “I chose to act upon my belief that the traditional definition of marriage should be preserved.”
Yes, but that is just an example of the threat of a boycott resulting in change.Dale_M:![]()
Like this:How else do you think the list would be used? What reasons do you have to think so?
sacbee.com/101/story/1393290.html
Scott Eckern, artistic director for the California Musical Theatre, resigned Wednesday as a growing number of artists threatened to boycott the organization because of his $1,000 donation to the campaign to ban gay marriage in California.
Nor do I. But we don’t have any reason to think that supporters of Prop 8 will be blacklisted. The example you gave was not a blacklist - it was voluntary resignation to avoid a boycott.In the 50s we had a blacklist of people in the movie industry suspected of being communists – now are they going to blacklist everyone who supported Prop 8? I don’t like the idea
Yep. Which makes me wonder about the point of reporting your employer when donations are made - its too easy to track individuals down. But, on the other hand, anyone or any organization with surplus cash could have done it before. The internet has simply democratized the process.Also, in the olden days when campaign finance laws were passed anyone who wanted to know who gave how much to whom would have to go to some gov’t office and dig through megatons of paper.
We still haven’t seen any evidence of a blacklist to begin with. All we know is that some websites have put online the list of who donated for Proposition8 and who donated against it.Of course on can also find out who supported the anti-Prop 8 side and start a counter blacklist.
Well, I mentioned in two newsgroups about my voting yes on Proposition 8, and was indeed flamed for this admission.Read the rest here.
Folks, if this isn’t a sign that the gay movement is out to harm individuals and shun those whom it consideres “anti-gay”, than I don’t know what is.
666? Does that mean you won the Illinois lottery?I guess support of homosexual marriage is the new “mark of the beast”?![]()
Bring it on.I sure hope CAF takes extra measure to protect our identities here. Wouldn’t want a surprise visit by some activists.:bigyikes:
Let them bring it on. This just shows the world who these people are. I’m surprised they haven’t started forcibly sodomizing religious leaders and proponents of Prop 8 yet to make their ‘point’. i.e. homosexualist terrorism.Read the rest here.
Folks, if this isn’t a sign that the gay movement is out to harm individuals and shun those whom it consideres “anti-gay”, than I don’t know what is.
It is not a civil rights issue.the epidemic of perverted lifestyles of lesbians and homosexuals i believe is unstopable because its legitimacy is constitutional.
I’m thinking more of a potential here. It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion or (in California) sexual orientation. But it is NOT illegal to discriminate, as far as I know on the basis of politics.We still haven’t seen any evidence of a blacklist to begin with. All we know is that some websites have put online the list of who donated for Proposition8 and who donated against it.
McCain supporters are in the minority. Therefore, if a minority was being discriminated against by the passage of Prop 8, then so were McCain supports.If Prop 8 were repealed, I assume it would be on the grounds that it violates civil rights, and therefore a public vote does not matter (this is done to protect minorities - i.e., if you left the desegregation debate up to the Alabama voters, they would not have passed it, but the US federal government protected blacks as a minority because the law was interpreted as giving them civil rights they were entitled to regardless of public opinion), or if you argue it is invalid because people misunderstood the question (that would be VERY hard to prove). So I don’t see how this relates to Obama…unless it was proven the election was illegitimate, in which case I’d assume he’d be removed, but there’s no significant evidence for that, so I don’t see how the 2 issues correlate.
Oh, so you think we should get the list of people who gave money to “No on prop 8” and picket their workplaces and businesses? Like gay bars, for example?If Christians can protest against PepsiCo, Disney and Planned Parenthood. Gays and pro-choicers can protest against the Mormon Church, and the Catholic Church and whoever else.
Otherwise it is hypocrisy. No individual is being harassed. Of course there will be individual gays who do bad things, but to paint all gays with a broad brush and put them in a monolithin “The Gay” camp is prejudice.
If churches want to be free to criticize, they should not protest when they are criticized. It goes both ways.