Near Death Experience But Doesn't Convert

• Thread starter Thread starter lwest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know if they are dead or not? Your entitled to your opinion if the are real or not I guess, but I’m not seeing how it contradicts catholic teaching tbh.
If the NDE is not approved by the Church they should be rejected.

40.png
Servant31:
How do you know if they are dead or not? Your entitled to your opinion if the are real or not I guess, but I’m not seeing how it contradicts catholic teaching tbh.
If the NDE is not approved by the Church they should be rejected.
Current Canonical Explanation: RESPONSE TO APPARITIONS AND VISIONARIES FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS

Since the abolition of Canon 1399 and 2318 of the former Code of Canon Law by Paul VI in AAS58 (1966) page 1186, publications about new apparitions, revelation, prophecies, miracles, etc., have been allowed to be distributed and read by the faithful without the express permission of the Church, providing that they contain nothing which contravenes faith and morals. This means, no imprimatur is necessary.

The Discernment of Visionaries and Apparitions Today by Albert J. Hebert, S.M., Page III

My friend I think your using circular reasoning here. Your saying that NDEs couldn’t be real because if they were dead the soul would leave the body. If the soul leaves the body then they are dead and cannot return, therefore ndes are not real.

It sounds like God did knock his head to get his attention when he experienced a tremendous sense of peace.

Reminds me of the old story when the drowned preacher asks God ‘why didn’t you save me?’ And God said I sent you two boats and a helicopter but you refused them.

My friend I think your using circular reasoning here. Your saying that NDEs couldn’t be real because if they were dead the soul would leave the body. If the soul leaves the body then they are dead and cannot return, therefore ndes are not real.
YOU are missing my point.

I do not believe NDE’s are real.
Simply for the sake of discussion I said even if they are the people who allege them are not actually dead therefore the soul could not have left the body.

Last edited:
Honestly I’m not so sure. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back