No Chicago Olympics!

  • Thread starter Thread starter dixieagle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
obama wasted MORE money flying to Copenhagen to pretend he was going to get the Olympics.

GREAT that Brazil got the Olympics.

Love it.

**The ‘Health Care’ bill needs to fail like the Hindenburg, as well (as it will). **
We DO NOT need Govm’t oBama health, obviously.

We DO NOT need oBama and his “administration”, obviously.

We’ll wait it out…or until he’s impeached.

Keep a CLOSE eye.
 
Wow. Have you been to Brazil or Rio in particular? Chicago is not even close.
Rio is far enough away that we won’t get stuck with part of the bill. The Olympics is like the royal progress, where the nobles “honored” by the visit got stuck with the cost of entertaining the royal household.
 
The Olympics would have never worked in Chicago, anyway.

Not even close.

Right ON, Brazil. They have the space; the stadiums; the coverage; the venues.

Good for them.

Right on.
 
Where do you think that money would come from?
While initial investments would come from the goverment you’d also have local, national and international buisness sponsoring the events with cash, you know the offical shoe of the Olympics kind of thing.

Then you’d have tourism from the large influx of people would swell up even more with tourism dollars. An since unlike China we don’t plan to make this shock and awe over the op with massive CGI firework displays and cutting edge equipment and sports fields engineered to break records (such as pools being wider and deeper then they needed to be and special high tech swim swear issued) we wouldn’t need to worry about the massive depts China got.
Most would come from the government. The government, local, state or federal, doesn’t make money. They take it from citizens in the form of taxes. So yes, people in Chicago would have jobs and money coming in right now and they would get that money from other people. Sounds like a little redistribution of wealth. 🤷
Yes I am aware of the Goverment always = Bad view among the American Conservative Movement. Odd how there is so much defense of the Nation by the Right[1] and such hatred for it’s Goverment.

Footnote:
1: My all time favorite line is: “Our soldiers are dying for your right to protest this war!” Which I always read as “Our soldiers are dying for your right to protest this war; you had better not excercise that right!”
 
Let me get this straight. Any Obama failure is a good thing?

What if, let us say, his administration is trying to negotiate a peace, to prevent a war? He fails, and 50 million people die. This is a good thing?

I’m sorry, but this is foolishness. Somebody - or frankly, a lot of somebodies, based on this thread, and this forum generally - is blinded by hatred.

This is supposed to be a Catholic forum. A Christian forum. But a distressing amount of what I read here - an enormous amount of what I read here - is the work of the devil.

You people should be ashamed. Your behavior is scandalous. The fact that Catholic Answers not only tolerates this behavior, but tends to weed differing views - views that object to the hateful behavior that has become the norm here - is also scandalous.

I understand the donations are declining, the begging for money isn’t going well. Perhaps this is in part due to your departure from Christian morals in this sewer of a forum.
Amen I say to you. I find CAF to be full of obnoxis views. I wonder if Jesus would be pleased with all the bashing that goes on. I think CAF needs to clean up its act. You can post hatred towards our President is ok but saying the word stupid is against the rules HMMMMMMM:rolleyes: I would never donate money to a sewer:o
 
Amen I say to you. I find CAF to be full of obnoxis views. I wonder if Jesus would be pleased with all the bashing that goes on. I think CAF needs to clean up its act. You can post hatred towards our President is ok but saying the word stupid is against the rules HMMMMMMM:rolleyes: I would never donate money to a sewer:o
This is not exactly a paragon of Christian charity. Sewer?
 
I would never donate money to a sewer:o
One wonders why the poster even joined the forum.

Although I do have to hand it to them, I have never seen this particular tactic before.

If we disagree with a post or two, we can just blame the forum.:rolleyes:
 
I was replying to a post from cathologos. And sorry but I don’t see any paragon of Christian charity here either:confused:
I thought you might be but wasn’t sure. That is why I worded my response neutrally, aimed at what was said.
 
Rio Got it!!

Don’t understand why Chicago even wanted it. All the cities I’ve heard about are in the red after it is over by billions. .
LA made a profit on the '84 games. But Athens lost close to 10 Billion.

I’m sure Beijing lost an incredible amount, but I’m equally sure the Chinese Government will not say how much.

One of the keys is not to have to build new facilities. LA didn’t have to, Athens did.
 
uh… why put up your own money when the crooks can get it from the American people.

Oprah wouldnt have put up a dime.

It definately would have cost us all. Chicago is corrupt.
Of course Oprah’s never been known to put her own money into things she believes in (schools in Africa for example). Of course there’s no way she could’ve finagled complete government funding for that, it’s kinda their job to fund education - only she DIDN’T.
 
Odd how there is so much defense of the Nation by the Right[1] and such hatred for it’s Goverment.
As I said before, we find ourselves in exactly the same position as Soviet soldiers in World War II: they despised Stalin, and they despised Communism, but they went up to the front lines and fought and bled anyway, because they weren’t fight for Stalin or for Communism----they were fighting for Mother Russia.
 
Yes I am aware of the Goverment always = Bad view among the American Conservative Movement. Odd how there is so much defense of the Nation by the Right[1] and such hatred for it’s Goverment.
Actually, government is just fine as long as it conforms to the limits imposed on it as stated in the Constitution. It’s a very brief document. Everyone should read it.

If you have more time, also read the Federalist Papers.

I’m lucky; I spend a lot of time on airplanes, so I get to read this stuff. But if folks who live on the computer downloaded the Constitution and read it, it might be an eye opener.
 
Actually, government is just fine as long as it conforms to the limits imposed on it as stated in the Constitution. It’s a very brief document. Everyone should read it.

If you have more time, also read the Federalist Papers.

I’m lucky; I spend a lot of time on airplanes, so I get to read this stuff. But if folks who live on the computer downloaded the Constitution and read it, it might be an eye opener.
So I guess you believe the Constitution should not change or be altered over time?
 
So I guess you believe the Constitution should not change or be altered over time?
Altering the Constitution should be done within the framework that it established, not by activism.

The principle is still valid that the best government is the least government. Government restricts freedom and by doing so protects society. We must have some for a civilized society. Too much is slavery and totalitarianism.
 
Altering the Constitution should be done within the framework that it established, not by activism.

The principle is still valid that the best government is the least government. Government restricts freedom and by doing so protects society. We must have some for a civilized society. Too much is slavery and totalitarianism.
Your absolutly right! All those who used activism on the bench and in the streets to allow women, the poor and racial minorities the right to vote!
 
Your absolutly right! All those who used activism on the bench and in the streets to allow women, the poor and racial minorities the right to vote!
I don’t know what you are referring to (the right for women or minorities to vote wasn’t legislated from the bench), but if I get the gist of your comment you believe that the ends justify the means. I couldn’t disagree more.
 
Your absolutly right! All those who used activism on the bench and in the streets to allow women, the poor and racial minorities the right to vote!
Judicial activism can just as easily deny rights, oppress people, or decide that one person is worth 3/5 ths of another person. Besides, if you were familiar with the United States Constitution, you would have known that the issues you addressed were specifically addressed by amendment, the 14th, 15th and 19th.
 
Your absolutly right! All those who used activism on the bench and in the streets to allow women, the poor and racial minorities the right to vote!
And to legalize segreagtion. track down fugitive slaves in free states, kill the unborn, bastardize marriage…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top